YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress PROTOTYPE PICS UP

I'm in for the long-haul as well, I can wait for the better fabric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are all those that complained about it taking too long? Surely they all want to jump in on the 1st run right?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

update. not a great update, but heres the latest yunsil had to say after me telling her we all agree for the most part this fabric is too thick

If you want thinner fabric, you must wait long time more. about 6 months ~1years.

because It's difficult to find suitable fabric.

You know, This project take a long time. because I didn't find fabric.I never leave your project.

I went to big fabric and local fabric market many times. over 10 times.

I usually don't go big fabric market for project.

because I have a lot of fabric swatch. over 1000 kind of swatch.

but I offen go to big fabric market for unusual project. and I find out unusual fabric within once or twice.

You must know " over 10 times" It is very special.

Big fabric market is too far. so, I can't go there frequently. so, I go Maybe once every 2-3 months.

Can you wait me more?

If you do it, I will find it more.

but I'm not sure when I find out it.

SO, here is what I propose. Personally, I am willing to wait for a better fabric even if it takes this long, but i do definitely understand that some may not want to. Even though this makes way more work for me, I am willing to consider splitting this project into two runs.

For those satisfied with the current swatch, I can place an order using it as a first run, which will guarantee you get it in a timely fasion (the usual 3 months or so after all payments are in)

for anyone else willing to wait, we can hold off till this better fabric is found 6-12 months down the line

for those who choose the first run, there will be NO discounts offered on a 2nd run, its gotta be a choose one or the other type situation.

to ensure this happening at this price, I would need at least 40 on the list to want to move forward with this fabric.

thoughts folks?

6 months to a year...? Sounds to me like Yunsil believes she will have to wait for next Spring for a thin enough fabric option, or perhaps even a second chance at her original first choice that's no longer available.

With everyone so far willing to wait, I will also throw my hat into that ring. I suppose its fitting perhaps to have this arrive about the time Tarkin does next year.

Thanks for all the extra effort, Chili... and for all the extra effort yet to come.

Thanks for all the hard work Yunsil and Chilli. I'm more than prepared to wait the long haul and hopefully have the right fabric to do a dress that we all desire for Leia. Put me down for the 2nd run please. :)

I'm big into waiting. So put me down for second run. Curious to see if others come across any good fabric. Can't say I'd know where to look.

Also waiting

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I'm willing to wait as well (since I was finally able to futz the HT dress into decent enough shape)... but doesn't sound like Yunsil is optimistic that she'll actually be able to find anything. And I suspect we'll just be getting the same frustrating responses a year from now...

Like previously mentioned, if she can just get her hands on something similar to what was used for Sideshow Deluxe Vader's cape, we'd be in good shape. I wonder where one could find something like that? And if Yunsil has really looked at 10+ big fabric outlets, where the hell is this stuff? Why so elusive? Lol. I still have complete faith in this though. 6 months to a year sucks, yes... especially since we are basically at a year already, but I am still in no rush. It's not like she's a sore spot in my collection. It's not like a figure without a head. It is what it is. Thanks, Chili, for your continued effort on this, and for being able to keep your composure, lol. [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress PROTOTYPE PICS UP

I'm in for the long haul. Ditto on the thanks to Chili and Yunsil for keeping this going.

I suppose its fitting perhaps to have this arrive about the time Tarkin does next year.

Great point! It's almost like it was meant to be...

Where are all those that complained about it taking too long? Surely they all want to jump in on the 1st run right?

Great point!

I'll wait for the 2nd run too.

I was complaining about being ill-informed - not the wait. I said it time and time again, if we were told from the beginning it was going to be a year, then fine. But when we're told 6 months... that's a different story.

So I'm happy to wait. Saying that, I agree with Pixel and Wor - there's no guarantee she's going to be able to find this "mythical" fabric in a year either.

After thought: A year... Maybe Yunsil has a backlog of about a years work :)

I'd like to look for suitable fabric, I just can't do it right now. The next chance I get to be where I'd like to look however, there are at least a half dozen large fabric stores within 2 blocks of each other with an insane amount of stock - and usually someone patient enough to help find what you need.

2nd run for me as well.

I'm cool with the wait.

Labor Day is coming up soon enough.

From her tone though I just don't feel very optimistic. I'm almost tempted to cut my losses and try making my own instead like others have. I somehow managed to make an O-Ren kimono once, so a Leia dress shouldn't be that much harder to do... :p

From her tone though I just don't feel very optimistic. I'm almost tempted to cut my losses and try making my own instead like others have. I somehow managed to make an O-Ren kimono once, so a Leia dress shouldn't be that much harder to do... :p

That's where I am right now. I'm always the pessimist. People are taking the 6 months to a year as when we will actually get it. From Yunsils tone it's more like she's just hoping to find ANYTHING within 6 months to a year with absolutely no guarantee on that as well.

Back