YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress PROTOTYPE PICS UP

Perfect example of why it's important to find the fabric before doing an excessive amount of prototyping.

Perfect example of why it's important to find the fabric before doing an excessive amount of prototyping.

Perfect example of why asking for money up front, before a proto type, can sometimes bite you in the ass.

The size of this project, which seemed at once to be a bonus, is now a detriment.

Well to be fair, I doubt there have been many projects before where Yunsil actually had trouble even finding the right fabric. This is such an outlier that I'm willing to cut her some slack in that area.

It's been 3 days already i already paid the deposit and still no confirmation or reply from chilipep66. Just realized he reply my message to pay in a different paypal address.. strange..

im here dude, sorry, just a busy few days. ill update ya. As for the email. i have a paypal account for both my american and canadian bank accounts. When i first started the run i was in LA, now im back in Canada. Nothing to be alarmed about

im here dude, sorry, just a busy few days. ill update ya. As for the email. i have a paypal account for both my american and canadian bank accounts. When i first started the run i was in LA, now im back in Canada. Nothing to be alarmed about

Thankyou so much, i understand your situation bro thx #feelsafe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect example of why asking for money up front, before a proto type, can sometimes bite you in the ass.

The size of this project, which seemed at once to be a bonus, is now a detriment.

Where this thread is is why I said I'm no longer sending money before I at least see a proto.

I know these are custom runs, but to the people making these, it's a business. Act professional.

I don't think Yunsil intended this (nor Chili of course), but it is unfortunate that we all have to sit here and wait for perhaps another year.

Maybe we'll get lucky and a suitable fabric will present itself before year's end? One can hope.

I just hope this project isn't "on hold" in her mind until next Spring to even begin looking again for lighter fabrics.

So I have to ask if we aren't happy with the orginal and defo dont' want to wait, can we get refund?

This right here..

Yes, so if anyone wants their $50 deposit back how does that work?

She did some work but didn't deliver the product due to issues on her end = REFUND

So what's the scoop? I really don't want to keep checking where my $50 went for another year.

Thread is now over a year old. 2 years to do this is not acceptable IMO. We sent deposits in good faith......not expecting indefinite delivery.

I'm considering buying up deposits from the nonbelievers with a put option to sell back the final product at 250 per unit - which will probably feel like a deal once this dress is done.

I'm considering buying up deposits from the nonbelievers with a put option to sell back the final product at 250 per unit - which will probably feel like a deal once this dress is done.

giphy.gif

I don't think Yunsil intended this (nor Chili of course), but it is unfortunate that we all have to sit here and wait for perhaps another year.

Maybe we'll get lucky and a suitable fabric will present itself before year's end? One can hope.

I just hope this project isn't "on hold" in her mind until next Spring to even begin looking again for lighter fabrics.

Exactly!

If not "on hold" - "out of sight, out of mind" while she frantically tries to catch up with the year-long, over commitment, of old AND NEW commissions.

Fact: They collected $5000 and have nothing real to show after 1 year. And a *maybe* a year from now.

Poor form IMO.

I'm starting to lean towards the "refund and launch again with something concrete" camp.

The biggest problem as I see it now isn't the wait, it's that (as mentioned above) we've introduced an element of opinion and options into the development now.

You're never going to get everyone to agree after the fact once you introduce options like this. Some people will like the way one fabric drapes, other people will like the texture of a different fabric, etc.

I think the cleanest route here is to refund and start over once the intended fabric is found.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

agree

I'm starting to lean towards the "refund and launch again with something concrete" camp.

The biggest problem as I see it now isn't the wait, it's that (as mentioned above) we've introduced an element of opinion and options into the development now.

You're never going to get everyone to agree after the fact once you introduce options like this. Some people will like the way one fabric drapes, other people will like the texture of a different fabric, etc.

I think the cleanest route here is to refund and start over once the intended fabric is found.

Probably the best way to handle it. As I mentioned before, this is essentially a 2 year long interest list. Cause the project is still pending really and may not actually happen. There's so much dislike of the fabric she did find that I could see a big problem if this time next year, that current fabric is still the best she can get. Seems like a lot of guys will likely drop out altogether.

If I were you Chilli, I'd issue the refunds and maintain this as an interest list. When/if she finds the fabric, see who all is still onboard. :huh

Eeesh. Here I was coming in to see if deposits were still being taken. Think I will pass. Sorry everyone for what has transpired. Hope fabric is found and outfits are produced!

Back