YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress PROTOTYPE PICS UP

Well after searching all over, I think I finally found something at an Asian fabric store in my area that I might try. It's thin and heavy and drapes really well, and you can even get it to hang over the belt a little. The camera does seem to pick up a bit of texture up close, but in hand it looks totally smooth.

Unfortunately nothing there was labeled so I'm not sure what exact material it is. It does have a stretchy polyester activewear kind of feel to it though.

20170910_154408 (471x900).jpg

20170910_154732 (535x900).jpg

Well after searching all over, I think I finally found something at an Asian fabric store in my area that I might try. It's thin and heavy and drapes really well, and you can even get it to hang over the belt a little. The camera does seem to pick up a bit of texture up close, but in hand it looks totally smooth.

What are the odds of finding the proper fabric at an Asian fabric store in America, when the best tailor in the world, located in Asia, can't find the proper material?

And don't say 3,720 to 1.

Also, hello fellow Sacramentan. I'm a Rosevillian.

UPDATE

I'm yunsil

Hello.

I have a good news and bad news.

Good news . I finally find out first sample fabric.

Bad news, but They don't sell Large quantities. maybe from 100yard.

so, I will wait until I can buy small quantities.

Thank you.

obviously, I asked if she had any idea when a large amount can be bought. We shall see

What are the odds of finding the proper fabric at an Asian fabric store in America, when the best tailor in the world, located in Asia, can't find the proper material?

And don't say 3,720 to 1.

Also, hello fellow Sacramentan. I'm a Rosevillian.

I suspect most people here would want something a bit softer looking, like what Tony Mei used for his. But this fabric will work fine for me.

UPDATE

I'm yunsil

Hello.

I have a good news and bad news.

Good news . I finally find out first sample fabric.

Bad news, but They don't sell Large quantities. maybe from 100yard.

so, I will wait until I can buy small quantities.

Thank you.

obviously, I asked if she had any idea when a large amount can be bought. We shall see

It's been so long I can't remember what that first sample looked like. I found the others on pg 67...

With fabric scarce, letting the list get to 100 people over a year might have done this project more harm than good.

Interesting news, Chili. It's like a terrible tease though -- 100 people in a life boat and only enough meat for 15.

Do you have any idea how many dresses 100 yards will produce? Asking to get some idea how much more yardage she needs.

Interesting news, Chili. It's like a terrible tease though -- 100 people in a life boat and only enough meat for 15.

Do you have any idea how many dresses 100 yards will produce? Asking to get some idea how much more yardage she needs.

Not sure I followed her message. Sounded like it was too much material since she ended saying she needed to buy smaller quantities.

I think Yunsil meant to say she wants to buyer a smaller quantity and they only sell in 100 yard or larger clips.

People are gonna want this dress. Won't hurt to make extras. Or she can use the excess and dye it for the superman 78 kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh... thanks guys, I overlooked the obvious there. Sucks -- now there's too much material.

So the first problem was no material. Now the problem is, too much material.

This has got to be some kind of joke, right? Are we really waiting for the perfect fabric and now in the perfect convenient size too?

100 people gives her one yard of material per dress. How much material is she stuck with? Is the cost so bad that its worth us waiting for another year?

There's got to be a way to make this work.

Now, how much are we talking about? In no way I'm expert, but a quick look on eBay says that 100 yards material might be around $300-$400. Maybe this particular fabric is much more expensive. Still, I think it might be considered to purchase it all, for a project worth $15000 looks like pretty cheap to me.

Oh... thanks guys, I overlooked the obvious there. Sucks -- now there's too much material.

So the first problem was no material. Now the problem is, too much material.

This has got to be some kind of joke, right?
Are we really waiting for the perfect fabric and now in the perfect convenient size too?

100 people gives her one yard of material per dress. How much material is she stuck with? Is the cost so bad that its worth us waiting for another year?

There's got to be a way to make this work.

That's what I was thinking too. Waiting on Goldilocks.

It all "depends" - If it's $3, $6, $10 or $30 per yard...

The more important question is, what fabric is it anyway? I have no idea what "the first" fabric is/was.

Let's all go in on a loom and make our own fabric.

Hmm, so I guess it's actually the "2nd sample" that we're talking about here, using the first fabric?

The top half looks pretty good, but the lower half of all these still doesn't seem to drape very well. Although maybe they just haven't been properly bunched up at the waist...

Hmm, so I guess it's actually the "2nd sample" that we're talking about here, using the first fabric?

The top half looks pretty good, but the lower half of all these still doesn't seem to drape very well. Although maybe they just haven't been properly bunched up at the waist...

People also need to be realistic with the scale, here. The drape you're talking about is the result of weight. At this scale, that means thicker fabric, since we're dealing with six inches waist-to-ground, and not three feet. Thicker fabric causes other problems certain people won't be happy with.

Maybe instead of hoping for a "magic fabric", it would be best if we start considering which provides the best upgrade over the HT dress, which is really the point here...

Back