YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress PROTOTYPE PICS UP

Irregardless, I would still like to sell my spot to any interested board member

Me as well. Even though it's hard to imagine there's anyone else interested who hasn't already signed on.

Still does my head in that Yunsil has got the 5K deposit.

I'm pretty sure that Yunsil and eFX attended the same school of "business practices."

guys, again, its not like she took the cash and did nothing! She made not one, but THREE prototypes, and is currently handcuffed with this fabric issue. we also could have moved forward with the prototype shown, and the majority of the list came to the conclusion to wait, even when I offered to go ahead with a run of this first fabric.

basically at this point, Im kind of over listening to the same old complaining and accusations going on in this thread.

guys, again, its not like she took the cash and did nothing! She made not one, but THREE prototypes, and is currently handcuffed with this fabric issue. we also could have moved forward with the prototype shown, and the majority of the list came to the conclusion to wait, even when I offered to go ahead with a run of this first fabric.

basically at this point, Im kind of over listening to the same old complaining and accusations going on in this thread.

Sorry Chili, I feel for you, but she hasn't done 5K worth of work - and quite frankly, you are heading this thing up so it is your responsibility. When it's blown out by a year - and with no end in sight - this sort of unease is going to happen.

Expectations lead to disappointment. And this project (unfortunately) has been the epitome of "over promise, and under deliver" within the original expectations that were given.

Sorry bro but you took our money, and we have no finish line in sight. Fact.

Bad form. Not your fault per se, but you are the messenger.

Maybe if she's told to issue refunds she might find something suddenly. **If you don't have the fabric, you should have never taken deposits.**

I'll never go in to one of these off of 'reputation' again.

Guess what, when you take people's money and haven't delivered anything concrete in over a year, you get to listen to complaining.

Um, didn't the majority already agree they'd be fine waiting another year for this? It's barely even been a month and people are already flipping out. Lol

And we're each only out 50 bucks at the moment (which is nothing in this very expensive hobby), so not sure it's really worth all the angry accusations and bitterness.

Well here's a friendly tip to hedge off complaints then: Updates.

Even if the update is "I spoke to Yunsil and there is still no progress", customers would rather hear that than silence. They would rather hear bad news than silence.

The bottom line is that once you've accepted someone's money, you've entered into a contract of trust with that person, and it's up to the project manager to maintain that trust even if the project goes off the rails. And people are far more willing to trust if they feel like they're being kept in the loop on things. If they feel like this project is still being actively pursued and not just shifted off to a passive "We'll get to it when we get to it" place.

This pre-order has gone from "Delivery in a year" to "Delivery someday," which is too open ended to expect people to just smile and forget about it.

I'm sorry to hear that you're "over" listening to your customers, Chili, but this is what you signed up for. It sucks, I know, but you don't get to be a casual businessman with $5000 of people's money. If you want out, refund everyone. Otherwise, communicate more. Show us you're keeping on top of Yunsil about this. You've given her cash, she's doing a job for you, not a favor. You're entitled to be annoying in your requests for news.

Um, didn't the majority already agree they'd be fine waiting another year for this?

1. You don't know that you'll have anything in a year. It's currently a pipe dream.

2. Majority (if accurate) doesn't equal everyone.

Even if the update is "I spoke to Yunsil and there is still no progress", customers would rather hear that than silence. They would rather hear bad news than silence.

The bottom line is that once you've accepted someone's money, you've entered into a contract of trust with that person, and it's up to the project manager to maintain that trust even if the project goes off the rails. And people are far more willing to trust if they feel like they're being kept in the loop on things. If they feel like this project is still being actively pursued and not just shifted off to a passive "We'll get to it when we get to it" place.

This pre-order has gone from "Delivery in a year" to "Delivery someday," which is too open ended to expect people to just smile and forget about it.

I'm sorry to hear that you're "over" listening to your customers, Chili, but this is what you signed up for. It sucks, I know, but you don't get to be a casual businessman with $5000 of people's money. If you want out, refund everyone. Otherwise, communicate more. Show us you're keeping on top of Yunsil about this. You've given her cash, she's doing a job for you, not a favor. You're entitled to be annoying in your requests for news.
Dude. Shutup. Seriously, shutup. I've seen nothing but pissing and moaning from you, along with a few others. Amazing that grown ass men whine as much as you guys. You'd think Yunsil ran off with thousands of your hard earned dollars. Don't tell Chili how he needs to conduct business. He's put up with more than enough of everyone's BS, and has been pretty great about everything. Grow up, man.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Get a life, man. I bet you bought the figure after she bit the dust. I bet you're a real big fan.

nerd-gif-2.gif

Tell me more. :)

At the end of the day this isn't chillis or yunsils first rodeo.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Mr. Cupcake Magoo is pissed about his $50 though. Better let everyone know. My 5 year old has better manners than this prick.

yes, majority is not everyone. So that's a split order, then why not accept it but follow the majority(that you don't agree )to wait???

Dude... go look in another thread and see how many updates on these year + Yunsil projects there are. Then look at the ones in here. Tell me he's not updating every few weeks on exactly what you are saying, to say there is no news, or she found the fabric but its too much, or this or that. theres actually been endless updates.

At this point I'm tempted to urge him to tell you to blacklist you and give you your fifty bucks back out of pocket even though the money is gone, to have the enjoyment of watching you grossly overpay to get it off someone else when it comes out. You're lucky he's more professional than me because I'm pretty spiteful, I won't lie.

I was one of the very many who challenged the latest prototype due to the fabric being odd. The vast majority agreed and the current odd fabric option was and IS STILL being offered for the people who are bitching and moaning by the way.

We spoke about this the other night in length and here is the deal summarized.

1) She sent an initial prototype that was the right fabric, but it was too tight, too short and was unfinished. Chili had requested modifications.
2) Yunsil went to buy the fabric in bulk, it was gone... she waited, it was still gone.
3) She made TWO new prototypes, urging Chili to have us wait because she was not happy with them. He showed them, we were not happy either.
4) She found the original fabric, but they will not sell it in a yardage that is acceptable cost wise for what we are paying her. it will negate her profit. Hence we are still waiting.

Chili has given me the original prototype dress/fabric so that I can go to the fabric shops here in NY to see if I can find the same fabric or something very close. Now that I have it I'll be able to start looking.

The only thing I can give you are some shots when I've tried to modify the body around the issues with the original prototype. to confirm THIS IS IDEED the kind of fabric we need for this project and that we are all stuck in the waiting pattern.

This is the original prototype unfinished (hood not sewn, markups all over, no hem, etc. etc. ) Originally it was too short and too tight in the chest, we were looking for that overhang of the fabric around the waist. In an attempt to guide how the fabric in the char should be taller/looser I replaced her body with a Resident Evil Alice body with smaller boobs and futzed around it. I;m more confident than ever the original prototype is the fabric we have been looking (and waiting) for.

Last edited:

This is the one they are willing to close up for those who don't want to wait. the one we all said looks like a t shirt.

Imagine this one, fitted the proper body with the fabric above.

This is why we are all in a holding pattern

o32Jdjp.jpg

Back