YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress PROTOTYPE PICS UP

Looking outstanding, Raymond F. I can only say thanks to Chili, you, and the other people that are really helping to make this a success, against the odds.

The bottom line is that once you've accepted someone's money, you've entered into a contract of trust with that person, and it's up to the project manager to maintain that trust even if the project goes off the rails.

This pre-order has gone from "Delivery in a year" to "Delivery someday," which is too open ended to expect people to just smile and forget about it.

Show us you're keeping on top of Yunsil about this. You've given her cash, she's doing a job for you, not a favor. You're entitled to be annoying in your requests for news.

This is the way it works man. As Ray said, the forum is filled with year+ projects that people have put depositis down on - and I might add - a LOT more money than you have for this one. Chili isn't a business, just another collector willing to put up with the organization of, and the BS from running a clothing run - for very little in return for the amount of time it takes.

Yes, Yunsil is a business (a small business), but what you put a deposit down for is to get in the que for production and up front costs for materials and research. It's not shotgun start and doesn't guarantee that your project gets started as soon as you send the funds. This is especially true when they have to source the proper materials and occaionally that's very challenging.

As for Chili "annoying" her - it doesn't help. I found her failry communicative - usually a response by the next day (time differences), but you can only ask so many times "have you found...?", "is there progress on...?". She'll let you know when it's in the works. It's not a fast process and being annoying doesn't make it go any faster. This is the way it is, if you're not happy, sell your spot, get the alternative material or wait like the rest of us.

At this point I'm tempted to urge him to tell you to blacklist you and give you your fifty bucks back out of pocket even though the money is gone, to have the enjoyment of watching you grossly overpay to get it off someone else when it comes out.

So this is where we're at now? Threatening paying customers for voicing opinions that run counter to your own? If you're going to refund my deposit, I sure hope you're planning to offer the same courtesy to everyone else in this thread ;)

I'm fine with waiting (I've said as much repeatedly), and I'm fine with a refund if they're being offered. What I am NOT fine with, is the project leader suggesting that people don't have a right to voice dissatisfaction or that he's above having to hear it.

And I merely offered a suggestion, from a place of experience (fifteen years self-employed, heading countless pre-order products in that time including a $600k Kickstarter) that if he doesn't want to listen to complaints and people jumping ship, that the best way to head them off is to stay communicative. To not let a month go by without updates, even if its just confirmation of the status-quo. If you leave a vacuum of interaction, your customers will start to fill it with doubt and anxiety.

Nobody is questioning Yunsil's ability to sew a great dress, or Chili's commitment to following this project through and not disappear with the money. I don't think anybody is even questioning the wait; we're all accustomed to long wait times in this hobby. What is a point of contention for this particular product is the sheer open-endedness of it. The fact that no one can say for certain that the proper fabric will ever be made available in the quantity required, or if a suitable substitute will be found.

I don't doubt that nobody here is more frustrated by it than Chili, but suggesting that nobody else is allowed to voice frustration over this point is not the way to handle the community of people that did in fact fund this venture.

But hey man, you do whatever your spiteful nature directs you to :)

if he doesn't want to listen to complaints and people jumping ship, that the best way to head them off is to stay communicative. To not let a month go by without updates, even if its just confirmation of the status-quo. If you leave a vacuum of interaction, your customers will start to fill it with doubt and anxiety.

But you keep referring to Chili as if he is a businessperson here, saying that "your customer will start to feel doubt". We're not his customers, he's facilitating this because we just can't send individual orders to Yunsil. In that sense, he owes us nothing but an update when there is one. In my experience, Yunsil will continue to work on finding material until she finds it or determines that she can't (which is rare) and she will let you know at that point. Until then...there's nothing to update.

It's one thing to nicely ask if there's an update, it's another to b*tch, page after page as was going on here, about Yunsil taking our money and no solution after almost a year, etc., etc. ad infinitum. I would be as frustrated as Chili. Everyone on my Soprano thread was very understanding for the year it took to get that done (which also had a material issue). As long as I told them I was waiting for a response from Yunsil or no update since the last message, etc. they were fine. Not whining about getting their money back (much more than $50) and crying that they didn't have their doll clothes yet.

But you keep referring to Chili as if he is a businessperson here

He is engaged as the middleman in a transaction. He is directly part of the commerce here and our sole point of contact. Whether or not he intends to do this regularly, or is making a profit from it or not, doesn't alter the fact that he is the steward of these finances and that he brokered an exchange of cash for goods. We do not have a contract with Yunsil, Chili does.

I understand that this is not something he's doing to make a living off of, but at the same time he bears the responsibility in this situation. Therefore it is not unreasonable to suggest that he is engaged in a business transaction.

I understand that this is not something he's doing to make a living off of, but at the same time he bears the responsibility in this situation. Therefore it is not unreasonable to suggest that he is engaged in a business transaction.

But it IS unreasonable to ask someone to put up with, and respond to, page after page of snarky comments and complaints about the status of their $50 investment when the situation has been explained time and time again (and as Ray just did again) when they've been told that when there is something to update you about, he will. It's not like he took everyone's money on page 1 and then disappered. I want this as much as anyone, but this is where we are with two major tailors to choose from.

Wasn't there an option here for those frustrated by the delays to be put on the list to get a version based on her existing material? If so, couldn't those who can't stand the wait just be moved to that list? I'm sure some would still be upset about not getting their idealized dress, but Yunsil never promised anything at the outset regarding this. As with a lot of things in life, choices must sometimes be made between two less than desirable options.

If the custom world worked like normal businesses, a boardie would work all the details out with Yunsil, pay her for everything, receive the outfits, then sell them, probably at a much higher cost, to other boardies. But things here don't work that way, and it's not as simple as treating the middleman as the ultimate, responsible party. Even if he is making $30 per outfit or whatever (I honestly have no idea what the markup is), he passed the bulk of the money on to the tailor. So, his hands are pretty tied. Even if he tried to cut his losses, he would still be on the hook for the prototypes. But those of us who have paid attention for awhile understand how these things work, particularly in a straightforward run of Yunsil outfits. You have to have faith in the tailor to get the outfit right, and in the organizer to best communicate with her to get the best information. If you don't have that faith, don't put the money down.

As comatoast says, at least Chili is sticking around and trying to work it out. I've lost count of the number of customizers and organizers who got tired or frustrated and just left. I was victim of one of those situations. And it sounds like folks are only out a $50 deposit? That's nothing compared with what many have lost out on, with pieces like Serang's Van Gogh. Here, the investment is low, and the outcome is likely going to be good, if not perfect. Even if there is a delay. Those are odds I'll generally take in the custom world.

Some of these guys want so many updates it's like they NEED her FULL schedule...what time she woke up, from which brand mattress, did she poop or pee first, how many strokes did it take to fully brush her teeth, did she spit or swallow, toast or cereal, oh she had eggs?...cage free or regular....I bet she squeezes her own orange juice, how long until she gets in the car, which car?...is she on her way to the fabric market yet?...let me know when she arrives, did she leave the market yet?....oh she just got home, did she use the front door or the backdoor?...her favorite show comes on in an hour, update us if she not only watched but actually enjoyed it...is it close to her bedtime?...does she wear pajamas or is she raw and goes nude like we all speculated in the Toribox Heath Ledger thread?...is she sleeping yet? Thanks just askin

So this is where we're at now? Threatening paying customers for voicing opinions that run counter to your own? If you're going to refund my deposit, I sure hope you're planning to offer the same courtesy to everyone else in this thread ;)

I'm fine with waiting (I've said as much repeatedly), and I'm fine with a refund if they're being offered. What I am NOT fine with, is the project leader suggesting that people don't have a right to voice dissatisfaction or that he's above having to hear it.

And I merely offered a suggestion, from a place of experience (fifteen years self-employed, heading countless pre-order products in that time including a $600k Kickstarter) that if he doesn't want to listen to complaints and people jumping ship, that the best way to head them off is to stay communicative. To not let a month go by without updates, even if its just confirmation of the status-quo. If you leave a vacuum of interaction, your customers will start to fill it with doubt and anxiety.

Nobody is questioning Yunsil's ability to sew a great dress, or Chili's commitment to following this project through and not disappear with the money. I don't think anybody is even questioning the wait; we're all accustomed to long wait times in this hobby. What is a point of contention for this particular product is the sheer open-endedness of it. The fact that no one can say for certain that the proper fabric will ever be made available in the quantity required, or if a suitable substitute will be found.

I don't doubt that nobody here is more frustrated by it than Chili, but suggesting that nobody else is allowed to voice frustration over this point is not the way to handle the community of people that did in fact fund this venture.

But hey man, you do whatever your spiteful nature directs you to :)

I'm not the project leader by any means - no way would I touch that with a ten foot pole. That's all Chili.

I'm nearly someone who's in the same boat and waiting and I'm also helping out. so its not a threat because I have no power but it's also the reason I don't do runs like this because that's what I WOULD DO!

But I hear you on the fact that people deserve updates. But I challenge you to prove he has not updated far more than many of the other yunsil threads on here.

As comatost mentioned, and as someone who's headed up these runs before he could tell you... it's mostly a favor. A "Businessperson" chilipep is not. The thing is 150 bucks. What other Yunsil items do you see for that cost? The only thing he is making off of this covers his time answering complainers, and the time for enough justify to buy and packing all the packages. the organization time is alone is a nightmare. I'm serous its like 2 dollars per unit or something nonsensical. The project managers of runs do it not for business but so they don't have to pay an arm and a leg to get their thing made and they rally others to get their grail accomplished.

You want a Liea dress you are free to connect with Yunsil yourself. Do you know what she charges for a non bulk item? You might as well use your 50 bucks as a napkin.

Chili has given me the original prototype dress/fabric so that I can go to the fabric shops here in NY to see if I can find the same fabric or something very close. Now that I have it I'll be able to start looking.

This is the original prototype unfinished (hood not sewn, markups all over, no hem, etc. etc. ) Originally it was too short and too tight in the chest, we were looking for that overhang of the fabric around the waist. In an attempt to guide how the fabric in the char should be taller/looser I replaced her body with a Resident Evil Alice body with smaller boobs and futzed around it. I;m more confident than ever the original prototype is the fabric we have been looking (and waiting) for.

Good luck, Ray. I hope you can find that material in NY.

This thing could take another 1-2 years... I could care less as long as its the best product out there. Delays and waits happen, its a huge part of this game. Nagging about when it is complete does not help it go any faster.

This project is in great hands, I am fine waiting as long as it takes. I appreciate all the hard work everyone is putting into it!

Some of these guys want so many updates it's like they NEED her FULL schedule...what time she woke up, from which brand mattress, did she poop or pee first, how many strokes did it take to fully brush her teeth, did she spit or swallow, toast or cereal, oh she had eggs?...cage free or regular....I bet she squeezes her own orange juice, how long until she gets in the car, which car?...is she on her way to the fabric market yet?...let me know when she arrives, did she leave the market yet?....oh she just got home, did she use the front door or the backdoor?...her favorite show comes on in an hour, update us if she not only watched but actually enjoyed it...is it close to her bedtime?...does she wear pajamas or is she raw and goes nude like we all speculated in the Toribox Heath Ledger thread?...is she sleeping yet? Thanks just askin

What an idiotic, juvenile, unproductive thing to say. You sir, win the "Imbecile of the Year" post, with this nonsense.

YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress PROTOTYPE PICS UP

What an idiotic, juvenile, unproductive thing to say. You sir, win the "Imbecile of the Year" post, with this nonsense.

I found Papasmoak's post to be quite entertaining; in an extremely exaggerated and ridiculous sort of way. The post is like the Energizer bunny; it keeps going and going and going...[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=youtube_share;xKG07305CBs]https://youtu.be/xKG07305CBs[/video]

Okay guys, catching up on this.

First of all, I do want to apologize for saying "I was over" listening to complaints. Cupcake is correct in saying that is a responsibility you sign up for in taking on this kind of project. I certainly am not a buisness man, and have never claimed to be. I think the lessons I have learned from this are either NOT to organize any more of these runs, or at least keep them to a smaller number, but I certainly have a clear conscience when it comes to keeping everyone in the loop, and offering multiple solutions to those who don't want to wait.

Again, I know this is its own project, and the guys heading up the other ones dont have control over delays or how fast it gets done, but I do know every other active yunsil project required at least a $150 DEPOSIT, and the final product cost up to three times more than ours also, and none of those had 3 prototypes made and so many clear explanations for delay. I don't want to trivialize $50 dollars, cause i know its a lot of money for a lot of people, but it is basically unheard of at this point to be getting what we are at this price.

regardless, this is it's own project with it's own list of people waiting, so I understand that will not offer consolation for everyone waiting. I really appreciate not only everyone's patience, but everyone's commitment to the project and passion when discussing it in here. Really appreciate Rays extra effort in furthering along the lines of communication here as well.

Nice post chili. I know you are probably frustrated too.

Hopefully the magic fabric is found sooner than later.

Okay guys, catching up on this.

Can’t imagine what this journey has been like for you personally but just know that not everyone signed up for this is holding a pitch fork or torch.

I was pleasantly surprised by the costs on this run compared to others I’ve seen and was thrilled to get in on it.

Still waiting patiently thanks to your frequent and honest status updates.

Thanks for all the work you’ve put into bringing this to us.

The fabric I found turns out to not be super far off the original. More stretchy and slightly thicker than the original but one side is really smooth and overall it’s very thin and opaque. We are going to see about sending some to yunsil to see what she thinks.

Back