YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress PROTOTYPE PICS UP

The fabric I found turns out to not be super far off the original. More stretchy and slightly thicker than the original but one side is really smooth and overall it’s very thin and opaque. We are going to see about sending some to yunsil to see what she thinks.

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif

Chili, you sir, are a class act! My hat comes off to you for the way you have handle this response. And I know I've been one of the vocal ones that has probably been "a pain in your ass," but like I've said many times, I know it's not your fault. Unfortunately you are the conduit between us and Yunsil, so all concerns/issues/input - good and bad - are going to go through you.

Okay guys, catching up on this.

First of all, I do want to apologize for saying "I was over" listening to complaints. Cupcake is correct in saying that is a responsibility you sign up for in taking on this kind of project. I certainly am not a buisness man, and have never claimed to be. I think the lessons I have learned from this are either NOT to organize any more of these runs, or at least keep them to a smaller number, but I certainly have a clear conscience when it comes to keeping everyone in the loop, and offering multiple solutions to those who don't want to wait.

Again, I know this is its own project, and the guys heading up the other ones dont have control over delays or how fast it gets done, but I do know every other active yunsil project required at least a $150 DEPOSIT, and the final product cost up to three times more than ours also, and none of those had 3 prototypes made and so many clear explanations for delay. I don't want to trivialize $50 dollars, cause i know its a lot of money for a lot of people, but it is basically unheard of at this point to be getting what we are at this price.

regardless, this is it's own project with it's own list of people waiting, so I understand that will not offer consolation for everyone waiting. I really appreciate not only everyone's patience, but everyone's commitment to the project and passion when discussing it in here. Really appreciate Rays extra effort in furthering along the lines of communication here as well.

...all concerns/issues/input - good and bad - are going to go through you.
Once we finally have this in hand, we need to applaud Chili doubly for his double portion of patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So any luck getting some of the fabric that Raymond F found out to Yunsil for review? I think that was the last plan I read in here.

The fabric I found turns out to not be super far off the original. More stretchy and slightly thicker than the original but one side is really smooth and overall it’s very thin and opaque. We are going to see about sending some to yunsil to see what she thinks.

It's getting cold out. Someone tell Yunsil it's time for the ESB winter gear.

At least two people over on the HT Leia thread have made some very nice dresses. Ahab's is nice but I think davejames's version folds better. He's not going to make them but maybe he can provide insight into the material?

5628ebf83a420d894315d891f521e099.jpg

bb4978bb93f8abeaa4ea4004e2775853.jpg

At least two people over on the HT Leia thread have made some very nice dresses. Ahab's is nice but I think davejames's version folds better. He's not going to make them but maybe he can provide insight into the material?

5628ebf83a420d894315d891f521e099.jpg

bb4978bb93f8abeaa4ea4004e2775853.jpg
Davejames i salute you [emoji122] looks superb... Yunsil is fired... [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I checked it again yesterday, still lots there. I'm awaiting instruction on how much and to whom to send it to.

I set up a silk worm in a terrarium a few weeks ago. I'll let everyone know when it's made enough silk for me to spin and then loom into a bolt of fabric.

Davejames i salute you [emoji122] looks superb... Yunsil is fired... [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Heh thanks, but I still think the folds above the belt are looking a lot better on the proto a couple pages back. I gave it my best shot, but clearly there's some expert sewing technique for doing that which I don't know about yet. :p

For those that have other Yunsil work - could you please tell me if you honestly think that what she will finally produce will hands-down beat what Davejames and Ahab have done?

If it's not light and shade better, how can three members here (Raymond included) easily find usable material without any major effort - and yet she is struggling?

If the material Raymond has found is more than suitable, then why is it taking so long to get and answer from Yunsil?

Back