YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress PROTOTYPE PICS UP

You're all clear, kid, now let's *blow* this thing and go home!
Looks awesome! :clap :clap :clap

Looking good. Can't believe this might finally be almost done. :rotfl

Looking good. Can't believe this might finally be almost done. :rotfl

Wow.... You said that right out loud didn't you..? Oh Dear, Oh Dear, Oh Dear....

So I guess we're looking at Summer 2019 now, guys. Update you calendars. Thanks A LOT Nenya :mad:

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

hahaha

So, there is lots of room for different types of display here. I tried to photograph it with a more hanging over the belt drape, as that was what was most commonly requested, but also with more of a pleated look as well. Depending on how to fold the dress over and how its stretched, theres a give or take mm or so differance on the length. Im of the opinion that the length, and sleeve length is perfect.

The fabric is NIGHT AND DAY compared to the first, and Im so happy we all stuck to our guns to get this fabric found. Its thin, but has weight, and the way it drapes and holds on the arms in particular is really fantastic.

For some odd reason, the seam in the back of this prototype isn't stitched all the way to the top, so Ill make sure to mention that it needs to be fully stitched.

Also, it was TOUGH getting this dress on the body, as the waist is stitched very tight. It took removing the arms, very carefully inching in past the chest and reattaching the arms afterwards. Anyways, here ya go, let me know if anyone has any other burning questions about how they want the dress to drape and ill see if I can get it futzed that way

Lwi2IYR.jpg

HfFKiGJ.jpg

l0xItbD.jpg

Z9TndlO.jpg

kWDI6Ox.jpg

hwmIfaU.jpg

7TAujxn.jpg

It looks perfect to me!!! As many predicted, this gonna have a happy ending, and we'll be all proud of our Yunsil's Leia dress (and sometimes we will remember it took quite a bit to have it!). Thanks so much, Chili!

Re: YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress NEW PROTO

Looks amazing Chilli. Thanks for not giving up on this project. So glad too for waiting out for the right material. This is gonna be epic. :hi5:

Great pics Chili! My only questions are.... when do we pay? And when does it ship?

Looks beautiful! Thank the maker!

Question: I see you have your reference in the background -- is the opening of the bottom of the dress voluminous enough, if that makes sense? Meaning, is there enough material to make a number of folds all the way down to the floor? I imagine the opening of the dress at the bottom is pretty wide in real life.

Also, can you coach us novices on how you managed to remove the arms on Leia? Does it require cutting the rubber body to separate the chest? This part sounds potentially challenging.

Looks beautiful! Thank the maker!

Question: I see you have your reference in the background -- is the opening of the bottom of the dress voluminous enough, if that makes sense? Meaning, is there enough material to make a number of folds all the way down to the floor? I imagine the opening of the dress at the bottom is pretty wide in real life.

Also, can you coach us novices on how you managed to remove the arms on Leia? Does it require cutting the rubber body to separate the chest? This part sounds potentially challenging.

I believe there is indeed enough for plenty of folds and appropriate length. If you want more of a pleated look, it can also be accomplished by pulling the fabric more towards her back, keeping the length as is. It’s a very small difference anyways regarding the length and the waist fold correlation.

Luckily, popping the arms off the female bodies is a breeze. For me it didn’t even require heating up, they are just ball sockets like the feet!

"This will be a day long remembered. It has seen the delivery of the mythic fabric, and it will soon see the end of the wait."

Looks spectacular, glad I was able to get in on this!

Looks great to me.

Luckily, I've been putting aside 18¢ a day since it was announced, so I've almost got that one hundred bucks saved up.

I believe there is indeed enough for plenty of folds and appropriate length. If you want more of a pleated look, it can also be accomplished by pulling the fabric more towards her back, keeping the length as is. It’s a very small difference anyways regarding the length and the waist fold correlation.

Luckily, popping the arms off the female bodies is a breeze. For me it didn’t even require heating up, they are just ball sockets like the feet!

Excellent!!!!! Thank you.

Looks great to me.

Luckily, I've been putting aside 18¢ a day since it was announced, so I've almost got that one hundred bucks saved up.

:rotfl

IMO, the dress needs to go on the figure WITHOUT removing the arms. So Yunsil needs to make adjustments or add a feature to make that possible, regardless of what it is. Elastic on the rear? Snap? Velcro? Something. I consider this part of any really great scale part.

Even though I'm looking forward to getting it in hand, the ribs in the fabric still bother the hell out of me to no end. I know there's better fabric out there because I've seen it, and this is simply something I find absolutely inexcusable after such a long period. It is what it is and we're paying for the Yunsil name.

Like I’ve mentioned countless times, you’re actually paying a fraction of what every other Yunsil outfit ever made costs for starters.

Secondly, I am just 100% going to veto adding unescessary clips and Velcro’s and straps. I air on the side of caution which is why i removes the arms, which I already said is as simple as removing feet on this body.

Fabric has fabric weave. Always. Blown up in a macro photo it may be more noticeable, but I guarantee in person it is no more visible, perhaps even less visible, than any other fabric on any other multiple thousand dollar 1/6 scale I own or have seen.

YUNSIL Princess Leia white dress NEW PROTO

I mentioned it before, but what about a thin wire in the bottom hem? Getting the type of folds that should follow down from the pinched folds in the waist is not going to happen naturally at this scale. Being able to.pinch it in places is something I'd personally like and may do myself anyway.

Last edited:

I prefer no wire, no velcro or snap. I actually love it as is now.

Second to no wire or Velcro strap. Wires in my opinion, and some may not agree are what separates a doll from one of these high end figures. Truth you will never be able to get a total 1/1 look with these but as soon as you start adding the wire to a thin fabric like this it starts pulling and tugging crap in all weird directions and ruins the natural fall that it does have.

Whenever hot toys shoves wires in their stuff I yank the damn things out and it’s almost always better.

Also seconded... if you can put hands on pegs you can pop arms out. It’s literally the easiest thing on the planet to do and I’ve done it about a dozen times on all my female figures because I constantly switch around parts to get better proportions on them.

Last edited:
Back