Bram Stoker's Dracula Bleeding Cross, handheld cross: ALL ITEMS SHIPPED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bram Stoker's Dracula Bleeding Cross, handheld cross: TAKING PAYMENT SEE POST #1

Your work bench is so much cleaner than mine..[emoji38]
It's not always like that....[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Re: Bram Stoker's Dracula Bleeding Cross, handheld cross: TAKING PAYMENT SEE POST #1

Hey, DoggieDoc, any chance of the dimensions for the big cross, please? I'm guessing it's around 11" tall x 7" wide but could you confirm?

Hey, DoggieDoc, any chance of the dimensions for the big cross, please? I'm guessing it's around 11" tall x 7" wide but could you confirm?

Sure thing... it's right about 11 inches x 6.5 inches. Small crosses will be here tomorrow unless a shipping delay occurs, can't wait to show them off!

Sure thing... it's right about 11 inches x 6.5 inches. Small crosses will be here tomorrow unless a shipping delay occurs, can't wait to show them off!

Cool beans. I wasn't far off then! Thanks for that.

I'm in no rush, just planning my display, but do you have a shipping estimate? Weeks? Just a rough idea will do, won't hold you to it!

Was watching the cross scene again and noticed on the Blu-Ray that Winona Ryder - being dead and laid on the steps - flinches when Gary Oldman drops to his knees :lol :lol

I'm in no rush, just planning my display, but do you have a shipping estimate? Weeks? Just a rough idea will do, won't hold you to it!

The only thing holding me back is the small crosses. I am getting in the two different prints tomorrow, and once I decide on which one looks best, I will order all the rest. Getting the prints will be much faster the second time when I get all of them in than the first time, so if I order them say, Sunday, they should arrive within a week. For those who ordered unpainted, shipping will then happen immediately. For those that ordered painted, of course I will have to paint them and then send them out.

SO, looking at a week or two, hopefully, for unpainted, a little longer for painted!

Okay, I'll base it off at no sooner than a few weeks - which is great because I haven't got the time to rebuild the display yet :duff

Small crosses are in! Here are a few comparison photos. It's pretty clear that we go with the clear cross versus the black one. The printing methods are very different and the clear cross is MUCH cleaner in terms of the details. The black one also bowed pretty badly and we don't want that.

I did some sanding on the edges and went ahead and applied the gold. I went with a metallic paint in an 18k gold color. I also have some 18k liquid gold leaf but I tested it and it is extremely yellow. How do we all feel about the gold color? And what about aging? I was kind of thinking we'd want as clean a metal look as possible but let me know.

I also included the chain in a few pictures at the end. I am happy with the size, but the chain has a bit of an orange/yellow hue to it compared to the more straight gold of the cross itself.

qbTmHVj.jpg

3G5NOqv.jpg

jmJWUNU.jpg

MQS3UW8.jpg

9Bxagxm.jpg

oMTxOGp.jpg

wJK4Ciq.jpg

tiuofPk.jpg

Sr4D3kj.jpg

2TiA8cb.jpg

I think it looks great. It's bigger than I was expecting, but comparing it to the screenshots, it's not far off at all. Great work.

I'd like mine dirtied up a bit, but if you don't do that, I'll do it myself. The gold seems rather fake/vibrant for my liking.

I think it looks great. It's bigger than I was expecting, but comparing it to the screenshots, it's not far off at all. Great work.

I'd like mine dirtied up a bit, but if you don't do that, I'll do it myself. The gold seems rather fake/vibrant for my liking.
I can definitely dirty it up!

To scale the cross is 14 inches...I figured it should be a tad larger, not like a small neck-worn cross.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I have tried to line up the screenshots with the cross and Jor-el as a stand in. I feel like the size is pretty good:)

zKPiwSE.png

O48sHuw.jpg

Yeah, when he holds it up to his face, the width looks about 6-7 inches, so you're no doubt right.

:duff

When I was starting this project with IKE we came up with a size of about 14 inches. Were thinking of it being more of an oversized cross, hand held, kind of like what you see Anthony Hopkins carrying in the renunciation scene.

dJELXcQ.png

If you'd ever consider doing the font (that he tips over) and the grail (the gold one) I'd likely be up for those.

I've looked at them and would imagine that the font can be moulded/cast fairly easily and the grail 3D rendered and printed.

The gold of the grail is what I imagined the cross to be, but it's very hard to tell with all the filters etc.

You've done an AMAZING job. Really looking forward ton these :clap

If you'd ever consider doing the font (that he tips over) and the grail (the gold one) I'd likely be up for those.

I've looked at them and would imagine that the font can be moulded/cast fairly easily and the grail 3D rendered and printed.

The gold of the grail is what I imagined the cross to be, but it's very hard to tell with all the filters etc.

You've done an AMAZING job. Really looking forward ton these :clap

Thank you! I have made some slight changes to the color, I will post a pic... I feel the gold I started with is a bit subdued. I went ahead and did a VERY faint wash of the liquid gold leaf I have, that is a yellower gold, over it. Gives the cross a little extra sheen...

Are you talking the water thing that he flips over?

Stone font on the left here: https://i.imgur.com/nn5bkOU.jpg
Top view here: https://i.imgur.com/KF7m8aw.jpg

Seems fairly simple for someone with your talent - looks like an hexagonal base, stem, bowel with a ridge line.

Then there's the grail, which looks trickier. Again, I'm sure you could 3D render it:

https://i.imgur.com/O3tkDLi.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tPvaX45.jpg

Oh yeah!

Here's the cross with a light, yellow/gold wash. I like the color a bit better and it makes it looks a little less "clean".

5XKA3W2.jpg

Much, much better :clap

Back