Custom '66 Batman Bat-Shield - Second Run Canceled - Deposits Refunded

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom '66 Batman Bat-Shield - Now Accepting Deposits for Second Run

hopefully people will get in on this. i can possibly do 2 if that helps... fingers crossed

Just got the PM & will send money ASAP - PayPal is being flaky today!

We're almost there but we had another guy dropped off. :(

Ok, just wanted to clear something up because someone did ask if we could produce the shields without taking a deposit? There are significant upfront cost for materials and payments to our suppliers like the laser cutter. We can't afford to front these cost for any interested person and possibly get stuck holding the bag by guys needing/wanting to back out...which unfortunately is a very common thing for a myriad of reasons and circumstances.

What I can say is check the date we offered the first run and the date we announced it was completed. We held within a week or two of the promised delivery date and the Paypal protection time period. We also stayed in constant contact with the board making almost weekly updates.

As explained in the thread, we have to buy all the shield cut outs from one sheet of plexiglass at one time. So there's that cost. The hinges have to be purchased and once cut down, can't be returned and the paint and effort and tools and glue are just fixed cost that we have to make sure we can recover.

Unfortunately, we just can't make the shields without freaks who are ready to commit to buy in. Additionally, it wouldn't be fair for us to solicit deposits from some guys but let others pay when ready.

Last edited:

Just for the love of the project: if you would be willing to ship with US postal/ DHL and in no case with UPS or FedEx I would be glad to take one aswell... :)

All shields ship USPS. Like I mentioned before, we would reconcile the cost to ship it by giving you a discount on the average US shipping that is included in the price of the shield. You would be responsible for the difference.

Ok guys. This second run doesn't look like it's going to be a go. We will let this stay open until Friday and if we don't get the deposits we need, we'll close it.

Refunds will follow immediately.

GUYS!!!!!
C'mon we are counting on you and others are as well! We are back from SDCC and ready to get moving on this, but it can't happen without the numbers. I'd ask that those who were in the first run, please post some pics to encourage others to get behind this as you did to own this cool ass custom. I will add to Lee's assessment of the cost by letting you all know that WE don't even have a flawless shield for our collection as all the first run pieces were sent to you guys. If the 2nd run doesn't happen, we are going to settle for one of our test run batches where the laser printed wavy lines in the plastic. So when Lee says the 2nd run is it, that's truly what it is, even for us.
Again, please pitch in for this project if you're still interested. We'd sure appreciate it.

if it helps I'll take one

whats the count is this going to happen?

Only 4 guys sent deposits for the second run. Unfortunately, we need at least 8 guys to commit deposits to move forward. I have scrapped up enough parts to make one shield that we will sell on fleebay. When we post it, we will put the link on this page.

Dayum, was looking forward to another batch. Maybe if hot toys continues the line bit, there'll be more interest. :(:pray:

As promised. Didn't want to hold anyone's money longer than need be.

Please keep in mind, if you guys can help drum up more interest or Hot Toys announces more characters which might reignite interest, we are more than willing to take another stab at this.

Thanks again for your support.

Just found out about this and will definitely be interested in one should you decide to resurrect the project.

Thanks. Hopefully HT comes with a bat girl or joker and we can breath life into this project again.
Thanks for your interest!

There's talk of another run but they need 8 guys to commit and so far only five of us have come on board. Are there three Freaks who will sign on?

Back