Custom '66 Batman Bat-Shield - Second Run Canceled - Deposits Refunded

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom '66 Batman Bat-Shield - 1st Run Complete

Just let me know - I'm ready!

Re: Custom '66 Batman Bat-Shield - Now Accepting Deposits for Second Run

SECOND RUN DEPOSITS BEING ACCEPTED!!!

Production week 1 & 2 have been spoken for. Hurry to lock in your place in line...speaking of lines. This run will begin a week after SDCC. Once the raw materials are in hand, I will contact the first person and so on as to when their shield will ship. There's some preliminary pre-production work that needs to happen before we can start final painting and fabrication.

We are off to a bit of a slow start so we hope the second run makes the number of deposits needed...which is at least 8 guys. Rest assured that if this run doesn't get enough commitments, we will promptly return all deposits.

Sorry guys, Im out. Especially with UPS and FedEx, shipping costs + taxes + fee + extra is getting out of my budget...

I understand but shipping is included in the cost if you are shipping to US address. We will also discount your shipping by the amount that the US shipment would have been for international. So international shipping - average US shipping cost = your cost.

You also have the option of paying without fees for either party but that leaves you exposed...but you do have that option. We don't recommend it, although we will deliver on all orders, but that's a decision you would have to make.

Sorry this got out of your price range KGS. I wish we could offer it for cheaper but there's a **** ton of work that goes into these to make them fully functional and material cost and fabrication drives this up as well.

Deposit sent! Sorry for the delay!

I understand but shipping is included in the cost if you are shipping to US address. We will also discount your shipping by the amount that the US shipment would have been for international. So international shipping - average US shipping cost = your cost.

You also have the option of paying without fees for either party but that leaves you exposed...but you do have that option. We don't recommend it, although we will deliver on all orders, but that's a decision you would have to make.

Sorry this got out of your price range KGS. I wish we could offer it for cheaper but there's a **** ton of work that goes into these to make them fully functional and material cost and fabrication drives this up as well.

Its not your product that got out of my price range. Let me clarrify: the Bat-shield is awesome. But to explain my issue, here is my calculation:

- Bat-shield (shipped) USD 105
- taxes of 19% ~ USD 20
- UPS/FedEx handling charges of 10% (of USD 125) ~ USD 12.5
- UPS/FedEx handling fee (yes this suck!) ~ € 25 -> USD 35

All in USD 170+!!! Import fees have just become out of control in my eyes. Especially FedEx and UPS with their double charging policy are simply a joke. Ireally hope this will become better as soons as we have the upcomming trade agreement between US and Europe. Its about time...
This is also the reason why I dont order from Sideshow directly anymore. Buying the exclusive item seperatly on ebay and order the regular figure from a German retailer is alot of cheaper for me than ordering the whole set from Sideshow...

Fingers crossed that this happens...

KGS, will you be in the states for any Cons? SW celebration maybe? Just wondering if we can work something out. Yes that double fee is some ********.

Yes Lee is here now and we are pulling out on Wednesday and will be there for four days. Our 9th Comicon! ������

If you have any buds that can bring it to you, that would work too. We can try to help you on the tax declaration too.

Its not your product that got out of my price range. Let me clarrify: the Bat-shield is awesome. But to explain my issue, here is my calculation:

- Bat-shield (shipped) USD 105
- taxes of 19% ~ USD 20
- UPS/FedEx handling charges of 10% (of USD 125) ~ USD 12.5
- UPS/FedEx handling fee (yes this suck!) ~ € 25 -> USD 35

All in USD 170+!!! Import fees have just become out of control in my eyes. Especially FedEx and UPS with their double charging policy are simply a joke. Ireally hope this will become better as soons as we have the upcomming trade agreement between US and Europe. Its about time...
This is also the reason why I dont order from Sideshow directly anymore. Buying the exclusive item seperatly on ebay and order the regular figure from a German retailer is alot of cheaper for me than ordering the whole set from Sideshow...

Ouch! if KGS calculations are correct then I'll have to pull out too..

Sorry guys but it's too much for me,great product and would look sweet next to Batman.But there's now way am paying that for Import Tax

Isn't the tax based on declared value?

escapeto71 - I took you off the list as requested. If you change your mind, please let us know.

Thanks for your interest.

Hopefully, we will hear from all the other guys either way. Most have not responded at all and I'd hate to close this without hearing from most of the guys but I also don't want to leave this open ended holding onto guys money for a long time if this never goes live.

I think we will leave it open for a week and then start returning deposits.

Gents, someone asked if we could do a smaller run? We could but that would drive up the cost. We do have fixed cost in the actual shield production. We have to purchase an entire sheet of laser cut shields. We'd like to still produce these for the guys who are still interested but with only 3 guys interested, the cost would be prohibitive.

You should definitely jump in there and get one earthdog! They look amazing in the pics.

We need waaaayyy more than the 3 guys committed right now.

To be honest, I haven't crunched the numbers at 3 guys but we need 8 guys committed to hold the price.

Back