Dr. Alan Grant Headsculpt- Haired Version Complete

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mudblood

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, VashDStampede has agreed to sculpt Dr. Grant from Jurassic Park if the interest is there. As some of you may know, he sculpted Malcolm a couple months back, which can be found here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...r-ian-malcolm-jurassic-park-final-sculpt.html.

The picture at the bottom is the final sculpt with hair. This will come with a hat, however, it will be slightly oversized to accommodate the hair. A second sculpt will be offered soon with no hair but a proportional hat. Please stay tuned for the hatted sculpt.

Grant's raptor claw will be available as well. A sculpted shovel pouch may also be offered.

INTEREST-

1. Mudblood
2. Willian_C_B
3. Dr_Essex
4. Godzilla23
5. rjszar
6. Mike M
7. Majin5
8. Jediguy
9. Jeronimo
10. Slamscaper
11. Dingobuzz269
12. Tbay
13. 69slimer
14. Wor-Gar
15. EmmaT
16. SlytherinPride
17. Toyadventurer
18. Center68
19. Greeky04
20. Raveneye

Final
AG10.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Dr. Alan Grant Headsculpt

These kind of custom projects seem to work best in conjunction with an outfit.

I suggest you speak to Shortround about re-awakening his Alan Grant oufit project: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/interest-threads/151384-jurassic-park-dr-alan-grant-outfit-set.html

If you can get that going and this, you'll have much better luck as long as the price is within reason for this character.

BTW, the hat should absolutely be part of the sculpt and not a "maybe" accessory.

I'll give him a message soon. I'm not too worried about a custom outfit as there are plently of third party clothes for him. Malcolm didn't have a custom outfit and it sold just fine.

The hat is something that can be done several ways, which is why I didn't elaborate further. For example, a custom hat can be made to fit on the head, a hat can be part of the sculpt, or an Indiana Jones hat can be used. Vash will begin to figure things if this project has enough steam, and I will update accordingly.

Indy hat is wrong.

This is such a simple character it really needs to be done correctly.

Also, I've been looking for clothing for Grant, figuring it would be easy -- I'm really good at bashes, ask around -- but I was surprised to find nothing appropriate out there. The shirt is harder than one thinks. I did find lots of stuff to bash a full Ian Malcolm figure though (even though all the figures in that thread you referenced are incorrect). But no Grant... no Malcolm.

But you're right, this character just can't command the kind of pricing, say, Indiana Jones can for his outfit... so it may just be unrealistic to have a custom outfit made for a character few will want to spend more than $150 all-in (sculpt + outfit).

Personally, I'm amped and would like to see a good Dr. Alan Grant made. I'll keep looking for clothing items for this project.

I'm definitely down for a Grant sculpt. I've got Vash's Malcolm (one of the ones in that thread that Wor-Gar finds incorrect), and Ian needs his Alan! I think neutral sculpt would be best, too. Grant's a pretty stoic guy.

Hat is tough. It will always be better proportioned if it's part of the sculpt. But if it's separate, it offers more pose options... Hard to decide.

But I agree with Wor-Gar: his clothes are surprisingly hard to find.

I've got Vash's Malcolm (one of the ones in that thread that Wor-Gar finds incorrect),

:lol

I'm picky about detail, especially on simple outfits. Too picky maybe. But Malcolm doesn't wear black slacks -- they're jeans. And he wears a collarless black shirt. No one has that right over there. And motorcycle boots, not shoes.

FYI I'm making it better...

IMG_3152.JPG

Guys, I'm well aware that his hat is not the same as Indy's hat. I'm well aware that Caine sculpted Grant. Everything that everyone has stated, I'm well aware of...

I like Vash's sculpting and I want an updated version of Grant. You all know that Caine's sculpt is a little dated. It's still great, but dated.
I don't care much for arguing about accuracy or who did what... that being said, I'd just like to know who is interested in this, and how they'd like to see it.

So far, Dingo is with me for a neural expression. Anyone have an opinion for a seperate hat or a hat as part of the sculpt?

I agree with you that a neutral expression would be best.

I think the hat should be part of the sculpt but a separate piece -- casting will necessitate the hat to be separated.

I'm in, pending on final result.

I've tried to bash him a few months ago, and I agree with Wor-Gar, there are no appropriate cloths for him, it would be nice to have that ShortRound project.

Anyway, can it be offered painted?

Im in- would like it with hat but then again having him with hat separate would be cool too- I'm down for neutral expression but I'd like him looking more intense and stern- he squints a lot doesn't he?

I'm in, pending on final result.

I've tried to bash him a few months ago, and I agree with Wor-Gar, there are no appropriate cloths for him, it would be nice to have that ShortRound project.

Anyway, can it be offered painted?

Im in- would like it with hat but then again having him with hat separate would be cool too- I'm down for neutral expression but I'd like him looking more intense and stern- he squints a lot doesn't he?

I'm interested

I have no affiliation with the clothes thread... If you all want it back on track, try messaging Shortround. I'll send him a message, but you guys should message or comment on the thread to show interest. Maybe an influx of messages will spark something.

Vash doesn't offer painted sculpts, unfortunately. A lot of guys used galactiboy for his Malcolm sculpt though.

I'll talk to Vash about the best way to do the hat. Grant looks more iconic with the hat, so it might be better to have it sculpted as "part of" the head. I think the squint is part of Sam Neil's neutral face. :lol But yes, I agree he should look serious. Please post images if you have them.

This expression would be great, even though it's from JP 3. Vash could make him look younger.

image.jpg

Last edited:

I'd be interested. A fairly neutral expression would be fine, but I always thought the very very slightest bit of a smirk portrayed him best.

I'd be interested. A fairly neutral expression would be fine, but I always thought the very very slightest bit of a smirk portrayed him best.

Can you post a picture of what you've got in mind? :)

I think that's the expression he's talking about:

Alangranteth.jpg

tumblr_ls49cbJomG1qfsk6co1_500.jpg

I can see why, there's a lot of stills with him smirking like that.

Back