GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Toxic Avenger Update!!!

Loving Toxie!:clap

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Toxic Avenger Update!!!

Thanks Pete and Hicks :duff

I hope to have Toxie wrapped up tonight... that is if I'm correct and my local costume shop has liquid latex in stock. I'll be pretty bummed if they don't :lol

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Completed Toxie!!!

Luckily my local costume shop had some liquid latex in stock so I was able to finish up Toxie tonight.

toxiedonea_zps10ee38a1.jpg

toxiedonec_zpscf2e02f2.jpg

toxiedonee_zps9151ae23.jpg

toxiedonef_zpsfe615aeb.jpg

toxiedoned_zpsde5225af.jpg

toxiedoneg_zps2f5645be.jpg

toxiedoneh_zpse40523ab.jpg

Recipe:
Head- Caine
Body- KP01 (w/ added forearm details)
Outfit- Light Grey Mini-Barbie bodysuit (recolored and weathered), feet were hand wrapped with muslin and distressed
Mop- Handmade with a dow rod and string

Brother this is your best work to date imo. It looks like he walked right off the screen from part 1! Excellent! :hi5:

Thanks Mags, that's what I was going for... not as buff and more home-made looking than the later films.

I think Seb said he'd be doing more of a Part II/poster look; so I'm very interested to see how his turns out. Definitely an awesome sculpt from Caine and a fun figure to work on :rock

Although possibly the worst (or most brilliant) character design of all time, his head looks like a turd and the rest of his body is in shades of brown with little in the way of defining characteristics :lol Just a walking-talking-*** kicking human turd :lol

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Toxie and Pennywise WIP!!!

Got in this great Pennywise sculpt from Rocco yesteday. Just paint for now and I'm on the look out for some hair to finish him off.

pennya_zpsf070e2fd.jpg

(In front of the Beto Pennywise to give the illusion of hair)
955e1511-4d1d-4b96-b9e7-59bfb5543467_zps87d09540.jpg

great work j.............:clap

on tox & penny.....:lecture

whats your idea for the hair on pw?

Wow, that Toxic Avenger is really great. I think you really bring the character alive. ;)

great work j.............:clap

on tox & penny.....:lecture

whats your idea for the hair on pw?

Thanks man, right now I'm going to try and "plug" a section of red faux fur and see how that looks. I did a test with some brown faux fur and it looked good. So, hopefully the swatch I purchased today off eBay will work.

Worst case scenario I may have to glue plugs of hair in piece by piece.

Wow, that Toxic Avenger is really great. I think you really bring the character alive. ;)

Thanks man, Toxie came out better than I expected. Not a figure I ever expected to own, but stoked that Caine offered up this great sculpt :rock

toxic Avenger looks great man..always wanted to see someone do a quality figure. Brings back memories of watching those when I was a kid. Any plans to do a cartoon version as well? lol

Probably not, I think my collection can only sustain one figure of Tocue :lol. Although hopefully at least one other member who bought Atoxie will do this. I know Seb is making a more muscular version, I think how he appeared in Pt 2

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Toxie-Pennywise-Gus Face-Off!!!

I was able to get one of Rocco's regular Gus Fring sculpts for a great price, so I decided to make it into a "Face Off" version. So just dremmeled off part of his face and sculpted on some details.

This was my first attempt at a character with a darker skin tone and I'm pretty happy with how that aspect turned out.

gusa_zpsda8c80d9.jpg

gusb_zpsbfd16d1e.jpg

gusc_zpsb175e524.jpg

gusd_zpse3d171fd.jpg

Got in this great Pennywise sculpt from Rocco yesteday. Just paint for now and I'm on the look out for some hair to finish him off.

pennya_zpsf070e2fd.jpg

(In front of the Beto Pennywise to give the illusion of hair)
955e1511-4d1d-4b96-b9e7-59bfb5543467_zps87d09540.jpg

That's awesome! You did in one day what I couldn't in 5 months. A great paint job! That is gonna look amazing.

Re: Galactiboy's Customs of Terror!!! Evil ED ☢ Toxie ☢ Pennywise ☢ Gus "Face-Off"

Thanks man, I appreciate it :duff

Hopefully my hair material arrives today or tomorrow so I can at least wrap up the sculpt. Then its just the wait on the DChung outfit, which is shaping up very nicely so far.

Not sure what others are doing, but I plan on using some of the new 2.0 Joker hands for Pennywise, not accurate, but they have a lot of great poses and once painted white should look fine.

Re: Galactiboy's Customs of Terror!!! Evil ED ☢ Toxie ☢ Pennywise ☢ Gus "Face-Off"

Thanks Kara :duff

A few updates to Fring and Pennywise.

This is the first shot at trying hair on Pennywise, I think it's going to work out well, but I need to fill it out a bit more. But this one's coming along nicely.

pennyc_zps154c0467.jpg

And here's some more work on the "Face Off" Gustavo Fring. I revised the teeth to be a bit smaller (less like chiclets) and removed more of his ear. I also got started on the rest of him. I'm waiting on a black shirt and better matching tie... once those are in I'll do a bit more weathering to the rest suit.

guse_zps94c17386.jpg

gusf_zps3445b5dd.jpg

gusg_zps1f0647f5.jpg

gusi_zpsa4066d6a.jpg
gush_zpsb5b404db.jpg

And a little BB reveal video for fun...
[ame]https://youtu.be/c5lvOc0UPa8[/ame]

Wow man. That Gus & pennywise looks freaking awesome.

Great work brother

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Toxie-Pennywise-Gus Face-Off!!!

I was able to get one of Rocco's regular Gus Fring sculpts for a great price, so I decided to make it into a "Face Off" version. So just dremmeled off part of his face and sculpted on some details.

This was my first attempt at a character with a darker skin tone and I'm pretty happy with how that aspect turned out.

gusa_zpsda8c80d9.jpg

gusb_zpsbfd16d1e.jpg

gusc_zpsb175e524.jpg

gusd_zpse3d171fd.jpg

Some nice detailing there mate! :clap that skull is convincing

nice work man, loving that Pennywise

Luckily my local costume shop had some liquid latex in stock so I was able to finish up Toxie tonight.

toxiedonea_zps10ee38a1.jpg

toxiedonec_zpscf2e02f2.jpg

toxiedonee_zps9151ae23.jpg

toxiedonef_zpsfe615aeb.jpg

toxiedoned_zpsde5225af.jpg

toxiedoneg_zps2f5645be.jpg

toxiedoneh_zpse40523ab.jpg

Recipe:
Head- Caine
Body- KP01 (w/ added forearm details)
Outfit- Light Grey Mini-Barbie bodysuit (recolored and weathered), feet were hand wrapped with muslin and distressed
Mop- Handmade with a dow rod and string

Omfg!!!! :eek:

The Toxic Avenger is one of my all time favorite characters. That figure is AMAZING! I would kill for a figure like that.

Back