GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Customs of Terror!!! Toxie☢Gus "Face-Off"☢AOD Ash☢Dutch!!!

Thanks Mmmmbrains :duff

Yup. The camo actually hides some things too like the softness of the sculpt that that particular release had. Now that I think of it this wouldnt be too hard of a bash if someone couldn't afford the original HT version, that is if you want to put the time into paint the head. Even if you didn't want to buy the HT Dutch parts loose you could find some things that are comparable. Don't know about that sweet assault rifle though.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, except for the rifle I think it's one that you could assemble for less and have a better looking figure. I bought a DX 10 and parted out the rest, so that head and body (except for the arms) cost nothing once it was all said and done. I did buy a TM22 with Bane arms from a member though, but swapped the DX10 arms with it and got this particular body combination.

I had planned on using the first T2 body, but the neck was way too long and the color was quite different. So I got lucky that a member offered up the Bane-amr hybrid.

That is awesome work GB! That literally has been the next project in my pipeline, too. I've got him all put together, just missing the stubble and camo. Any pointers on doing the camo work? I assume you did the stiff bristle stubble work you did with Ash?

Yep, same "stiff brush" technique, but I went a bit heavier since he had pretty dark stubble in some scenes.

For the cammo I just took black and green and put some pretty thin coats where the cammo should be. Then went over them with the same skin-tone color I used for the beard area... that helped to soften them a bit and help them look more like they had blended into the skin tone.

After I had the cammo and bear where I wanted them I mixed a bit of black into my gloss clear coat and hit the sculpt and body in random spots to give him a sweaty/grimey look.

Thanks. I'm gonna give that a shot soon. I wouldn't have thought of going over it with a watered down skin color.

Yeah, you have to do it similar to the stubble... just a little bit on the brush to blend it it. If you do to much you'll loose the color and have to back peddle a bit.

Wow, awesome !! love the subtleties!
This makes me want a commando figure .
I should start a " tough guy " shelf

Thanks Russ... you should check out the Commando Seb did using the same sculpt. Looks fantastic. I'm not really a fan of the movie, it's fun but not my cup of tea. But no denying it's badass looking :rock

Re: Galactiboy's Customs of Terror!!! Toxie☢AOD Ash☢Dutch☢Conan PF Base!!!

Finally got around to a project I've wanted to do for a long time... add some people soup to the Conan PF. Now I did not paint Conan, I purchased this from Darkartis81 and it's one of my favorite pieces. But the clean base just never looked right next to his extra worn and bloodied Conan.

The problem was I could never find a hand the right size... they were always too big or too small. That is until I remember the HT Avatar figure... it was just right. So I sculpted a stump and covered it all in pea green soup. Also added a bit of blood to the stair case.

conana_zpsd045c8b0.jpg

conanb_zps4c473c46.jpg

conanc_zpsb25da8ad.jpg

conand_zps1d5f17ae.jpg

**now sticklers may argue that Conan did not walk down the staircase with all the soup and they'd be right. But I figured that some of the soup likely ran down the both of the side staircases so in that way you don't have as much running down.

Also, I just really wanted the hand in there :lol

This is the PF w/o the added soup, hand or blood on the railing:

bbw.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah, he did a great job on it... I saw it person 4 or 5 years ago and was blown away. So when he listed it on eBay I had to jump on it.

"You!"

tumblr_kt505lsfUn1qzhiqw_6581_zps084b1d1c.png

The spilt pea and hand looks awesome. Nice work.

Great work on Dutch and the "people soup" additions to Conan GB. You make me want to convert a DX10 head to my Dutch now (the PERS eyes seem to work well for him, as if he's looking around for that unseen enemy).

"You!"

tumblr_kt505lsfUn1qzhiqw_6581_zps084b1d1c.png

The spilt pea and hand looks awesome. Nice work.

:lol perfect picture to respond with!

Great work on Dutch and the "people soup" additions to Conan GB. You make me want to convert a DX10 head to my Dutch now (the PERS eyes seem to work well for him, as if he's looking around for that unseen enemy).

It's definitely the best option for Dutch. I'd love to see him used for Conan.

The Dutch custom is perfect much better than the hot toys release, could you clarify what head sculpt it is, THANKS

Thanks Malo;

It is the DX10 Terminator T-800 sculpt from HT. The body is also from the same figure, but the arms have been swapped out with a pair from the Hot Toys Bane... they match the DX10 body very well, so a great way to make a better looking body for Dutch :duff

Re: Galactiboy's Customs! Toxie☢Ash☢Dutch☢Conan Base: Now Taking Commissions!

After giving it some thought and getting a few requests I've decided to take on some commission paint work. In an effort to got get overwhelmed I will begin by just accepting 4 heads a month with the expectation that w/in the month that the heads are received by me they will be completed, approved and sent back.

And once that goal is met the next set of 4 (if there is even that much interest) will be accepted and we'll start the process over. I'm also open to do some minor work on resculpting and full customis; but these would be on a case by case basis and time permitting.

I prefer interesting sculpts, non-human, something bloody, etc... but will give anything a shot. Here's some recent examples of my work:

ashaodc_zpsb448e376.jpg

pennya_zpsf070e2fd.jpg

toxiea_zps5d7d8a15.jpg
kenobia.jpg

Before and After
benf.jpg

lukeu.jpg

Resculpt and paint
gusa_zpsda8c80d9.jpg

Painted, customized body, suit, accessories leg wraps
toxiedonea_zps10ee38a1.jpg

ashm.jpg

hant.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks guys, looks like a couple things may be in the works. :duff

Good for you, GB, your paint ups kick @ss! :rock

Back