GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions! Toxie☢Dutch☢Lawrence☢Piett☢Hobbitses!!!

Unpainted as well as repaints... either way is good with me. Unpainted is probably better since it's one less layer of paint :duff

Last edited:

Unpainted as well as repaints... either way is good with me. Unpainted is probably better since it's just one layer of paint :duff

I got lots of heads that need painting. Although most of them might be boring to ya if you are interested let's talk.

Cool :duff

And this is just for fun, but I made a little animation of the steps to painting the Mount Doom Frodo; each frame is one step starting from primer to finished:

Frodo_zps0e4df2fc.gif

Those Hobbit repaints are pretty sharp, GB! :clap

Dig the step by step gif too.

Very nifty gif.

Wow, J! Very, very impressive stuff!! I never realized how badly Piett, Frodo and Sam needed fresh coat of paint. :lol
Yeah, they seemed to do that with several of the Joe sculpts. I might take a crack at updating Flint sooner or later.

Man, those Hobbits look fantastic especially the dirty'd up Frodo, you really added to the likeness and the feeling of the character.

Cool :duff

And this is just for fun, but I made a little animation of the steps to painting the Mount Doom Frodo; each frame is one step starting from primer to finished:

Frodo_zps0e4df2fc.gif

That's really cool! Taking it from nothing through each step. Have you thought about doing a tutorial video?:goodpost:

Wow, your before and after photos are INSANE. Sam's transformation is especially shocking. Really amazing work on these! Makes me want a Kevin from Sin City.

C0CC726F3E468528BDA4B0DE58DE54.jpg

Before and Afters...
hobbite_zps65f215b2.jpg

hobbitd_zps0a097ebf.jpg

Thanks guys :duff

And Danger, that would actually be doable with the Frodo sculpt. Sideshow made them oversized to begin with (closer to 9" when they should have been lik3 6") and the heads are smaller, but only compared to the giant Sideshow heads :lol

So in honesty I bet that the Sideshow Frodo is probably about spot-on for a 1/6 Elijah Wood... given he's only 5'6". Be just a matter of sculpting on the hair... and I do have an extra Frodo head :naughty

That's really cool! Taking it from nothing through each step. Have you thought about doing a tutorial video?:goodpost:

Thanks, I find the little animation a bit hyptonizing :lol

I'd like to do a tutorial in the future, I've found them immensley helpful when other's have posted them. Just about anything I do is because I've gotten feedback or read tutorials from other members. but I doubt it would be a video... I prefer to read things and see clear pictures.

Lovin the hobbits but that lawrence sculpt and paint is superb;)

Thanks man :duff I'm torn on if I want to pursue completing a Lawernce figure or not. I love the movie, but it's not really one that fits in my collection. I figure at worst I can finish a figure and then sell it off if it doesn't fit in :lol

And a big thanks to those who have commissioned work from me, already booked up for June and July and my first project arrived today... Conan PF :rock :rock :rock

I'm going to be busy :lol

And, anyone with an project I will update my first post when I get the item, start working on it, finish and ship. So you can do a quick check to see what's going on :duff

Thanks man :duff I'm torn on if I want to pursue completing a Lawernce figure or not. I love the movie, but it's not really one that fits in my collection. I figure at worst I can finish a figure and then sell it off if it doesn't fit in :lol

And a big thanks to those who have commissioned work from me, already booked up for June and July and my first project arrived today... Conan PF :rock :rock :rock

I'm going to be busy :lol

And, anyone with an project I will update my first post when I get the item, start working on it, finish and ship. So you can do a quick check to see what's going on :duff

:rock :rock :rock

Dig those Hobbits!

Really like Mt. Doom Frodo :rock

Thanks King... Frodo really did turn out pretty cool. I was thinking I'd just sell the heads I painted, but I made the mistake of putting them on my Hobbits bodies so now I'm not so sure :lol

Oh, and I've got one slot left open for August. After that's filled I'll hold of taking any more commissions until I've at least got the work for June and July completed :duff

Thanks King... Frodo really did turn out pretty cool. I was thinking I'd just sell the heads I painted, but I made the mistake of putting them on my Hobbits bodies so now I'm not so sure :lol

Oh, and I've got one slot left open for August. After that's filled I'll hold of taking any more commissions until I've at least got the work for June and July completed :duff

I'm afraid to ask but what would it cost to replicate that amazing Toxie?

congrats on the plunge and FANTASTIC paint ups :)

Thanks guys... and Madcow I'll send you a PM :duff

Aw crap... stupid Photobucket!!! Now all my pictures will not work until I give them money :cuss

I've never had this happen before, I figured it was amount of storage not views... lame.

Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions! Toxie☢Dutch☢Lawrence☢Piett☢Hobbitses☢Conan WIP

$30 later and my photos are back :lol

Got a bit of work done on my first commission to come in... repainting the awesome Conan PF. So far I've just redone the whites, blacks, eyes and hair. Trying to give him a more dirty smeared on look than the clean PF.

And soon there will be a lot of blood added :lecture

conana_zps7e041948.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions! Toxie☢Dutch☢Lawrence☢Piett☢Hobbitses☢Conan WIP

That looks great so far!

Back