GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Customs! Toxie☢Ash☢Dutch☢Conan Base: Now Taking Commissions!

Thanks for the words of support :duff

Badass, GB! Great to see you venturing out into new waters :rock :rock :rock :rock

Re: Galactiboy's Customs! Toxie☢Ash☢Dutch☢Lawrence: Taking Commissions!

Thanks for the encouragement :duff

Today I finally painted Trevor's great Lawrence of Arabia sculpt... and while I was at it I repainted the Sideshow Piett. Only one pic of Piett though as he looks pretty bad with the plastic hat... I'll take few more once I get the fabric one out of storage.

lawrencea_zps07f2cc78.jpg

pietta_zps1a1d3521.jpg

Re: Galactiboy's Customs! Toxie☢Ash☢Dutch☢Lawrence: Taking Commissions!

Damn, J, that Lawrence is great! Probably your best paint app yet :clap

Re: Galactiboy's Customs- Taking Commissions! Toxie☢Ash☢Dutch☢Lawrence of Arabia

Thanks Chase... I've had the sculpt for a long time now, glad to finally have put some paint on it. As always Trevor does amazing work and the cast required no prep work; always a class act that one :lecture

Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions! Toxie☢Ash☢Dutch☢Lawrence o'Arabia☢Piett

Put Piett in the cloth cap and he looks much better than the plastic. And he's another example of a solid sculpt, but less than stellar factory paint.

piette_zpsaa2f02ad.jpg

piettd_zpse50fd65d.jpg

piettc_zpsb15fe2ea.jpg

piettb_zps1f84b4e8.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions! Toxie☢Dutch☢Lawrence☢Piett☢Hobbitses!!!

Like a lot of us who put together a Merry and Pippin... I was left with a lot of extra Hobbit parts. So here's a repaint of Sam, Frodo and Frodo on Mount Doom:

hobbita_zps7c66ec0b.jpg

hobbitb_zps8bc51830.jpg

hobbitc_zps06c43d8e.jpg

Before and Afters...
hobbite_zps65f215b2.jpg

hobbitd_zps0a097ebf.jpg

And a Full Mount Doom Figure:
hobbitf_zpsb360f5ea.jpg

hobbitg_zps9e867224.jpg

I like seeing your side-by-sides of the original paint compared to your repaint GB. Great work on "fixing" the paint apps.

Thanks Kara :duff

I like seeing your side-by-sides of the original paint compared to your repaint GB. Great work on "fixing" the paint apps.

Yeah, I always find it helpful to see a before and after... and since I had 3 Frodo's at my house it was easier than usual to accomplish that :lol It always surprises me how good some of these sculpts look after a repaint... I've never really liked the Sam sculpt, but with paint I can see it's actually a very good sculpt.

Some great paint ups on those hobbits!

Nice work you really brought out the likeness in those fat little hobbitses

Wow, J! Very, very impressive stuff!! I never realized how badly Piett, Frodo and Sam needed fresh coat of paint. :lol

Thanks guys... and agreed Flosi. There's a weird period of time where Sideshow seems to have experimented with cast-in-color heads, but the color of the heads is always off and the paint work is minimal. Which leaves you with a kind of diffuse looking sculpt, but some paint seems to sharpen them up and bring out the likeness a lot more. With the Padawan Kenobi they seem to have gotten better with this technique where the color is better, but they still need a bit more apps to make it up to HT quality.

Fixing those hobbits was a great idea and your paint apps are stellar!

Hey buddy!

Are you just doing repaints or are you also interested in doing unpainted sculpts?

Back