GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Customs of Terror!!! Evil ED ☢ Toxie ☢ Pennywise ☢ Gus "Face-Off"

loving that face-off gus - very, very, very cool :)

Re: Galactiboy's Customs of Terror!!! Evil ED ☢ Toxie ☢ Pennywise ☢ Gus "Face-Off"

Damn, GB! Missed you last few updates, that Toxi is the sheet :rock :rock :rock.....LOVE IT!

And the Pennywise loosk great, excellent paint up and hair. Very nice good sir. :clap

Wow man. That Gus & pennywise looks freaking awesome.

Great work brother

Thanks Ecko :duff

Some nice detailing there mate! :clap that skull is convincing

I appreciate it; it was a very fun project. I figured it was one I'd have on the backburner for at least a few months, but had to stay home with a sick kid and so I had time to work on it while watching cartoons.

nice work man, loving that Pennywise

Thanks, it's an awesome sculpt... Rocco is still offering it and I'd highly recommend it.

Omfg!!!! :eek:

The Toxic Avenger is one of my all time favorite characters. That figure is AMAZING! I would kill for a figure like that.

Thanks, Caine did the sculpt. The rest of the stuff is fairly easy to assemble if you wanted a good DIY project.

loving that face-off gus - very, very, very cool :)

Thanks, I'd love to see your paint work on the actual face off sculpt Rocco did. Your abilities with gore would run rampant over it.

Damn, GB! Missed you last few updates, that Toxi is the sheet :rock :rock :rock.....LOVE IT!

And the Pennywise loosk great, excellent paint up and hair. Very nice good sir. :clap

That **** happens when you disappear for 2 months... good luck getting caught up on Seb or Skiman's threads :lol

And thanks, you really need to get back on the Pennywise wagon. Sculpt is great and the new outfit is coming along.

Nothing mind blowing... but I got in a better shirt and tie for Gus and padded out the shoulders. Also did a bit of burning to the new shirt and the suit.

So I'm gonna call this one done :lecture

gusj_zps14851c6d.jpg

gusk_zps0a9ef22c.jpg

gusl_zps4122c0bc.jpg

Thanks Kara :duff

A few updates to Fring and Pennywise.

This is the first shot at trying hair on Pennywise, I think it's going to work out well, but I need to fill it out a bit more. But this one's coming along nicely.

pennyc_zps154c0467.jpg

And here's some more work on the "Face Off" Gustavo Fring. I revised the teeth to be a bit smaller (less like chiclets) and removed more of his ear. I also got started on the rest of him. I'm waiting on a black shirt and better matching tie... once those are in I'll do a bit more weathering to the rest suit.

guse_zps94c17386.jpg

gusf_zps3445b5dd.jpg

gusg_zps1f0647f5.jpg

gusi_zpsa4066d6a.jpg
gush_zpsb5b404db.jpg

And a little BB reveal video for fun...
https://youtu.be/c5lvOc0UPa8
:clap:clap:clap

Re: Galactiboy's Customs of Terror!!! Toxie☢Pennywise☢Gus "Face-Off"☢AOD Ash!!!

Finished this up last night. The headsculpt is by Caine and most of the rest is from the Sideshow figure. I did retailor the shirt to be less billowy and the pants are from the Sideshow Indiana Jones figure dyed brown.

ashaodi_zps152663f5.jpg

ashaoda_zps0d953cc6.jpg

ashaodj_zps8c1ab278.jpg

ashaodh_zps22b68ed8.jpg

ashaodb_zpsc1e640fc.jpg

ashaodg_zpsa63dc91e.jpg

ashaodc_zpsb448e376.jpg

ashaodf_zps8cb4c805.jpg

ashaode_zpsd75853e4.jpg

ashaodd_zpsf989ee71.jpg

Great work, GB! I need the cape and pants so I can put mine put together.

That looks really great, that Caine head is spot on and that is an awesome paint.

Great work, GB! I need the cape and pants so I can put mine put together.

I was looking for pants before someone suggested the Indiana Jones ones... they worked out great once they were died. As for the cape, you might check for a good fabric. The Sideshow one is the wrong color, pattern and a bit short... definitely can be improved upon :lecture

That looks really great, that Caine head is spot on and that is an awesome paint.

Thanks man, yeah Caine really did a great job on this one. Can't wait to see your take on it :duff

Re: Galactiboy's Customs of Terror!!! Toxie☢Gus "Face-Off"☢AOD Ash☢Dutch!!!

Did another upgrade to Dutch... I followed Seb's example and repainted the DX10 head with stubble and some rubbed off cammo. I also swapped the body to a DX10 with Bane arms.

dutchb_zps75401743.jpg

dutchc_zpsedcdc112.jpg

dutcha_zps03963ac3.jpg

dutchd_zps78c36a61.jpg

damn GB dutch looks awesome............great work....:clap

:clap:clap:clap

Thanks Gary and Barry :duff

It's funny, I was thinking about Dutch and by selling off the head, body and exclusive headphones I've actually come out making money on this figure and it looks way better than the original. Nice when customizing actually works in your favor :lol

Dutch looks great, GB! Sweet job on the greasepaint! I think I missed Pennywise in there as wll. THAT came out great!

That looks really good, GB. With the added stubble and paint he almost looks better here than on the DX10. :lol
Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Dutch looks great, GB! Sweet job on the greasepaint! I think I missed Pennywise in there as wll. THAT came out great!

Thanks Mando :duff I'm definitely happy with how he turned out and looking forward to finishing Pennywise. I think I'll add a bit of paint to Pennywise's hair to tone it down and give it a bit more frizz. Right now it's too bright and soft looking.

That looks really good, GB. With the added stubble and paint he almost looks better here than on the DX10. :lol

I agree... I really don't like the sculpt for T2 Arnold. He just looks too young and clean. But for Dutch, a role from a few years earlier, I think it looks closer. Also the stubble and cammo gives his face a bit more character.

Yup. The camo actually hides some things too like the softness of the sculpt that that particular release had. Now that I think of it this wouldnt be too hard of a bash if someone couldn't afford the original HT version, that is if you want to put the time into paint the head. Even if you didn't want to buy the HT Dutch parts loose you could find some things that are comparable. Don't know about that sweet assault rifle though.

That is awesome work GB! That literally has been the next project in my pipeline, too. I've got him all put together, just missing the stubble and camo. Any pointers on doing the camo work? I assume you did the stiff bristle stubble work you did with Ash?

Back