GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions! Toxie☢Dutch☢Lawrence☢Piett☢Hobbitses☢Conan WIP

Better already :clap

Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions! Toxie☢Dutch☢Lawrence☢Piett☢Hobbitses☢Conan WIP

conana_zps7e041948.jpg

Great work GB! :rock

Thanks fellas :duff

Did quite a bit more to him, with the most fun part being the blood :rock

1e30e507-8680-41be-a9f3-06777fd1a3e0_zps2c785ad7.jpg

Are you using a glossy acrylic for blood GB, or just going over it with a coat of clear gloss as a finish?

Pretty sure it's a clear gloss varnish.

Awesome repaint Joey!

Thanks Seb. And yes, gloss coat afterward to give it a wet look.

I use Model Master clear acryl.

Thanks guys. Is that the same thing you use for eyes?

Yes same stuff. I use the gloss for eyes, lips and other wet things and the flat for skin and hair. Just be sure the paint is completey dry first, if not it might take off a bit of the paint.

:lol Seb beat me to it...

Looks solid! You did an excellent job getting the blood that dark crimson almost black look. Too often people make blood too red and it looks fake. Very well done J! :clap

Thanks Chase, always good to get approval from a fellow blood splatter aficionado :lecture

And the regular paint on Conan is a good example of that... just bright red and in a very template looking patter. Just awful.

I use MM clear red with a little gloss black for blood, but whatever mix you've got looks gorgeous! :rock2

$30 later and my photos are back :lol

Got a bit of work done on my first commission to come in... repainting the awesome Conan PF. So far I've just redone the whites, blacks, eyes and hair. Trying to give him a more dirty smeared on look than the clean PF.

And soon there will be a lot of blood added :lecture

conana_zps7e041948.jpg

So you've got the Dark Artist repainted Conan PF on your shelf, and now you're repainting one? I don't think it comes any more full circle than that, GB!:hi5:

Blood looks good.
Have you got any close up pics?

Very easy to put claret everywhere and overdo it.
Yours looks alot but is about right I'd say.

So you've got the Dark Artist repainted Conan PF on your shelf, and now you're repainting one? I don't think it comes any more full circle than that, GB!:hi5:

It's the circle of customizing... :lol
tumblr_lrna7q4mTM1qfartg.gif

But, in all honesty after I got back into customizing it's a project I've wanted to do. I'm stoked to own DA's repaint, but have been wanting to take a crack at it myself.

Blood looks good.
Have you got any close up pics?

Very easy to put claret everywhere and overdo it.
Yours looks alot but is about right I'd say.

Thanks man, I don't have any close ups yet... I'll take quite a few once he's finished. Biggest issue is the lighting is so-so in that room for photos, so to get the eyes and other spots in detail I need to be in another room.

good stuff J..............:hi5:

we shall watch your career with great interest............:)

Thanks Barryo :duff

This will hopefully be good practice for any 1/6 Conan figures that may or may not be in the future :duff

You really wanna complete the circle I'll send you a handful of heads DarkArtist never finished and sent back on various stages of paint :cool:

We'll leave the circle "semi-complete" then :lol

Back