GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms- Hobbits☢Conan PF☢Lawrence☢Buffy☢Bishop☢BD Stark☢ReDutch

And here's Dutch... as before it's a DX10 head with some cammo, stubble and some sweaty/dirtiness added.

dutche_zps814170b3.jpg

And with Dutch finished, that brings all of the June Commissions to completion!!!
:fireworks :mexwave :fireworks​

The camo/dirt looks good on that sculpt.
Was’nt impressed with the dutch sculpt and needed bread and sold my figure.
Might have to bash one out.
Ooer missus that came out the wrong way.
Your fault taking filth:dance

Makes me think though has anybody bashed a bishop (nudge nudge) ripped in half?
Might give it a go:wink1:

Congrats GB. Dutch and Conan are the highlights of your work. :rock

Guess you do Arnie real well. :naughty

And here's Dutch... as before it's a DX10 head with some cammo, stubble and some sweaty/dirtiness added.

dutche_zps814170b3.jpg

And with Dutch finished, that brings all of the June Commissions to completion!!!
:fireworks :mexwave :fireworks​

Damn that looks great!

The camo/dirt looks good on that sculpt.
Was’nt impressed with the dutch sculpt and needed bread and sold my figure.
Might have to bash one out.
Ooer missus that came out the wrong way.
Your fault taking filth:dance

Makes me think though has anybody bashed a bishop (nudge nudge) ripped in half?
Might give it a go:wink1:

Thanks man, the Stock HT figure is decent, but honestly since buying mine I've sold off the body, the head and plan to get rid of the boots (eyeing some fabric ones). So as it stands just the accessories and outfit are from the original figure.

As for Bishop... icruise did one years ago and it was ****ing awesome! Sadly the pictures are missing from his page, so I only have fond memories of how awesome it was.

And for the record, I'd be all over trying to make ripped in half/milk spewing Bishop :lecture

Congrats GB. Dutch and Conan are the highlights of your work. :rock

Guess you do Arnie real well. :naughty

Don't tell that to Maria... oh wait, he already got in trouble for that :lol

Damn that looks great!

Thanks man, looks like I have at least one more Dutch coming my way.

If anyone is curious, something like Dutch or Stark where it's just minor alterations is $35 per job, not the full price.

Looks really good there again GB. When I tried doing this I was just using washes at first, which are really watered down, but maybe too much so. Now I've got to do some cleanup duty on it.

For the black sections I did put on a fairly sold line of paint... but with the green it was thinned down and very lightly applied. So I basically spread the paint very thin.

I had to do a bit more touch up on this one as I realized after I did the first go on the cammo it was way too dark... so this one was actually more work than the first time :lol

As soon as i sold mine i bashed my own using a recast head.
I’ve got an old x files head for my bishop which looks quite good with resculpted hair and a repaint.
Might do the milky mess version on him;)

Last edited:

dutch looks pumped bro - very nice - he looks like he's ready to kill :)

That's one dirty lookin' dude! Great work!

Thanks guys, Dutch is a fun conversion. I don't like the sculpt for the Terminator as it's just too young, but I think it works great for Dutch.

As soon as i sold mine i bashed my own using a recast head.
I’ve got an old x files head for my bishop which looks quite good with resculpted hair and a repaint.
Might do the milky mess version on him;)

I found images of icruise's version... hopefully it works since it linked back to the thread where the images seem to be gone:

images
images
images

iCruise did some crazy work... this one always blew my mind as well as the open stomached Taun Taun.

That bishop is very "nice".
Looks like the same head I have.
Love the little pipes and tubes.
Itching to do one similar.
Shame theres not a 1/6 scale queen to pose him with.

Yeah, HT said they'd make one years ago... but I think that is one thing that will likely never happen. Probably a good think as I have no idea how I'd afford something like that :lol

"Battle damaged" Bishop would be awesome on display. . .Aliens stuff reminds me that I've got an Apone head I need to paint. That stock head blows.

Yeah, HT said they'd make one years ago... but I think that is one thing that will likely never happen. Probably a good think as I have no idea how I'd afford something like that :lol

Same here but cool to see.
Maybe the 18 inch aliens tail could work as the tip of the queens tail piercing his chest?
Would look impressive displayed in mid air.

So after looking at Bishop more I wasn't 100% happy with him... so did a few tweaks and finished the boots.

BTW, didn't realize how much of a pain in the *** it would be to paint these boots... a bit more work than I was thinking :lol

bishopa_zpsada83d82.jpg

bishopb_zpsf6822adc.jpg

bishopc_zpsc81cbf66.jpg

Now that I'm looking at the boots... I wonder if they should be a bit shiny. The dullcoat is pretty flat, even moreso than the matte acryl I usually use. Any thoughts on that?

Last edited:

They look pretty weathered, can't imagine they'd have much shine left.

Yeah, I think it's more that certain parts should have a bit of shine to them... so, not a super obvious difference, but I did hit the red and grey areas with a bit of gloss which I think helps give the boots a bit more variance in how the materials look.

bishopd_zps25bfb162.jpg

And now I bid farewell to the commissions for June (Conan was sent off a couple days ago) and look forward to receiving some July items next week :duff

All of these will be shipped out this morning :duff

donejune_zps152abfd6.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms- Hobbits☢Conan PF☢Lawrence☢Buffy☢Bishop☢BD Stark☢Dr. West WIP

Got started on Dr. West tonight... another great sculpt from Caine.

wipb_zpsd2e088f1.jpg

Also, I started a Facebook page, so if you are interested in following that either follow this link or click on the banner below my signature :duff

I'll be out of town for the next week, so if there are any questions I might be a bit slow in responding.

Re: GalactiCustoms- Hobbits☢Conan PF☢Lawrence☢Buffy☢Bishop☢BD Stark☢Dr. West WIP

Awesome job mate. Lance Henriksen is over here in Wales next month , I'm tempted to drive down to meet him.

Back