GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms- Hobbits☢Lawrence☢Buffy☢Bishop☢BD Stark☢Dr.West☢Rick Grimes WIP

:lol I think my style is like a monkey ****ing a football... once I get started I keep going until I finish (or the wife intervenes) :lol

And thanks for liking the page... it's probably fairly redundant, but seems a fun way to share work with those outside of the boards.

I wish I had the free time to do that :drool

Fb is definitely worth doing mate, its a great way to attract new customers. Appart from recommendations the rest of my new customers have come from FB.
Tbh with all the talent on the forum us up and comers can get a bit forgotten so it's nice to get some attention :lol

Re: GalactiCustoms- Hobbits☢Lawrence☢Buffy☢Bishop☢BD Stark☢Dr.West☢Rick Grimes WIP

Good points Pete :duff

You keeps getting better with each new head. That latest Rick is great. I like the intensity you gave to the sculpt.

Thanks Seb, it's hard not to get intensity when painting Rick :lol

This has to be the best WGP Rick I've seen painted. :exactly: Amazing job! :lecture

Wow, thanks man... that is very kind of you :duff Now hopefully I don't **** it up with the bruising and blood :lol

Re: GalactiCustoms- Hobbits☢Lawrence☢Buffy☢Bishop☢BD Stark☢Dr.West☢Rick Grimes Done!

Thanks Flosi :duff

Got to work on Rick a bit over lunch and I think he's donesky... sorry for the pics, they're a bit washed out. I forgot I'd taken down my usual camera spot :lol

I'll snap some better ones and completed pics of Dr. West later on :duff

grimesa_zpsf10666c1.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms- Hobbits☢Lawrence☢Buffy☢Bishop☢BD Stark☢Dr.West☢Rick Grimes Done!

Wow what a finish. That bruise on the left temple looks so real. Amazing job.

Wow, that bruise really is great. Poor Rick.

Yeah, don't recall what happened in the series to do that, but I imagine he was seeing double and someone he cared about just died :lol

This is the pic I was going off of:
rick_grimes_render_the_walking_dead_by_twdmeuvicio-d65p5ik.png

Agreed with the others, the bruising on his head is amazing. The beard is excellent as well, it blends in with the skintone perfectly.

Agreed with the others, the bruising on his head is amazing. The beard is excellent as well, it blends in with the skintone perfectly.

Thanks man... I went over it a few times, bruising is a new one for me, but glad it comes across as believable :yess:

Season 2, perhaps?

Might, be... I know Kato was making the jacket. I've only watched the series one time so I don't know it as well as other. But I can definitely say in hand the sculpt from WGP is spot on.

Very nice details and a high quality casting... it was a lot of fun to paint :rock

great work j..........:clap

good to see your business is taking off. just beware of russian spammers........:lecture

Russian spammers :duh In the words of George Takei:

tumblr_m6b5jzqWvw1qa5uid.gif

And thanks Barryo... I'm having fun with these.

Rick looks amazing! Awesome paint job man!

Thanks Caine... I'll have some pics of your Dr. West sculpt up later today. You've really been doing some awesome work :rock

A better set of Rick picks:

rickb_zps99601cbe.jpg

rickc_zps020a85ee.jpg

And something for Something Sexy to enjoy...

wipe_zps0881d516.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms- Buffy☢Bishop☢BD Stark☢Dr.West☢TWD Grimes☢BB Jesse & The Dude WIP!

So today's my 35th birthday... and since it falls in the middle of the week I took the day off and am enjoying a lazy day at home. But, that also will include hopefully finishing up the Jesse and The Dude sculpts by Rocco.

Got a bit more work done to them and the likeness on Lebowski is really starting to come out. It's a pretty extreme sculpt, but Rocco did a great job with it :rock

wipf_zpse63297c1.jpg

Also, I'm going to change up how I take commissions a bit. Right now I feel like I can turn around more sculpts than I had initially thought. So rather than doing 4 a month, I'll do a system of 4 at a time.

My plan is that I will have 4 sculpts I'm working on and another 4 that are "next in line" once the first 4 are done, I'll move onto the next set and have the (in theory) 3rd set sent to me. That way I can more through items a bit quicker, but still not have a desk with 30 heads sitting on it :lol

So with that in mind I'll contact the August people to see if they want to move up their time frame and open up another 4 slots :duff

Re: GalactiCustoms- Buffy☢Bishop☢BD Stark☢Dr.West☢TWD Grimes☢BB Jesse & The Dude WIP!

happy birthday joseph...........:hi5:

dude is looking good so far, can't wait to get mine back from ole what's his name........:lol

i think i'm going to have to send you a sculpt to paint pretty soon............well when i get it...........he's a scoundrel...:wink1:

Happy birthday GB. Your paints are cracking on thse sculpts. Great work on Rick and Jesse. :clap

So today's my 35th birthday... and since it falls in the middle of the week I took the day off and am enjoying a lazy day at home. But, that also will include hopefully finishing up the Jesse and The Dude sculpts by Rocco.

Got a bit more work done to them and the likeness on Lebowski is really starting to come out. It's a pretty extreme sculpt, but Rocco did a great job with it :rock

wipf_zpse63297c1.jpg

Also, I'm going to change up how I take commissions a bit. Right now I feel like I can turn around more sculpts than I had initially thought. So rather than doing 4 a month, I'll do a system of 4 at a time.

My plan is that I will have 4 sculpts I'm working on and another 4 that are "next in line" once the first 4 are done, I'll move onto the next set and have the (in theory) 3rd set sent to me. That way I can more through items a bit quicker, but still not have a desk with 30 heads sitting on it :lol

So with that in mind I'll contact the August people to see if they want to move up their time frame and open up another 4 slots :duff

Happy birthday!

Those look fantastic! You did a great job.

Happy birthday GB! Duderino looks great. I got my really small brushes in yesterday, so I should be on to tackling the Dude myself soon.

Back