GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms- Buffy☢Bishop☢BD Stark☢Dr.West☢TWD Grimes☢BB Jesse & The Dude WIP!

Thanks for the Birthday wishes... gonna finish these up, have a tasty lunch and watch some movies. Much more fun than being at work today :lol

happy birthday joseph...........:hi5:

dude is looking good so far, can't wait to get mine back from ole what's his name........:lol

i think i'm going to have to send you a sculpt to paint pretty soon............well when i get it...........he's a scoundrel...:wink1:

Thanks man, I'd love to do something for you. In payment you can send me the Imperial Troop Transport... or just a small portion of it; maybe one of the doors :huh

Happy birthday GB. Your paints are cracking on thse sculpts. Great work on Rick and Jesse. :clap

Happy birthday!

Those look fantastic! You did a great job.

Glad you approve... I need to mess with both of their eyes a bit and then do some clean up and these should be locked and loaded :duff

Happy birthday GB! Duderino looks great. I got my really small brushes in yesterday, so I should be on to tackling the Dude myself soon.

Sweet man! Looking forward to your take on him... the squinty eyes are a pain though. I'm happy with the left eye, but will need to redo the right one. I just decided to go ahead and paint the rest of him and fix the eyes in the end :lol

Re: GalactiCustoms- Buffy☢Bishop☢BD Stark☢Dr.West☢TWD Grimes☢BB Jesse & The Dude WIP!

Yeah, I actually already made a first pass on the face, and the squinty eyes were the impetus for me getting even smaller brushes than I was using before. I also got the left eye OK but couldn't nail down the right one.

For some reason I struggle with right eyes more than lefts.... I generally start with the left too. Probably has something to do with being right handed. I sometimes find flipping the head upside down helps with that... but then it's difficult to get symmetry :lol :huh

One thought for squinty eyes is to not worry about "over painting" on the lids. Just get the shape and color you want on the eyes and then clean up the lids when you're done.

Awesome work gb. Oh and many many happy returns! :gah:

Dude looks good.
The first pic of him looked like dog the bounty hunter on my phone display.
Not 100 percent sold on the sculpt yet but like what you’ve done so far;)
btw happy bday:)

Re: GalactiCustoms- Buffy☢Bishop☢BD Stark☢Dr.West☢TWD Grimes☢BB Jesse & The Dude Done

Thanks guys :duff

Finished up Jesse and The Dude... both a lot of fun since I'm a fan of both, but would probably not own figures of either :lol

dudea_zps768b55db.jpg

jessea_zps65eeecc1.jpg

jesseb_zpsdd892e72.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms- Buffy☢Bishop☢BD Stark☢Dr.West☢TWD Grimes☢BB Jesse & The Dude Done

Pure pwnage right there!

Thanks! I'll get them shipped back to you this week :duff

Oh, and now I have a less annoying looking link to Facebook as part of my signature :lol

Thanks! I'll get them shipped back to you this week :duff

Oh, and now I have a less annoying looking link to Facebook as part of my signature :lol

:rock :rock

I just had a fantastic idea for a future project.

Well... don't keep me in suspense? Let me know :lecture :lol

uh-oh....................more secret projects......:panic::panic:

Quite you :twack

I would love to get my Jason Part 3 PF Ex head painted up like the end scene.

JasonVoorheesPart3.jpg

Yes :yess That would be very cool... and that PF has removeable parts right; so it wouldn't be as bad as a regular PF. The Conan was fun, but man is painting something like that more difficult than just a head you can twist and turn anyway you like :lol

Quite you :twack

Yes :yess That would be very cool... and that PF has removeable parts right; so it wouldn't be as bad as a regular PF. The Conan was fun, but man is painting something like that more difficult than just a head you can twist and turn anyway you like :lol

Haha ya I would just be able to send the head.

That's what I thought, we'll get it done at some point :duff

Impressive Rick! Galacticustoms has arrived :panic: :panic: :panic:

Dude can out great, solid work on the hair/beard :clap

I'm really digging the eye work on Jesse. Well done,GB. :clap

I would love to get my Jason Part 3 PF Ex head painted up like the end scene.

JasonVoorheesPart3.jpg

This I want to see. One my favorite scenes in the movie. :rock

Thanks guys :duff Waiting on the next set of heads to come in, but hopefully I can paint up the Snyderman Leia over the weekend. It's a really great looking sculpt!

Re: GalactiCustoms- Buffy☢Bishop☢The Dude☢BB Jesse☢TWD Grimes☢Leia WIP!

Something for myself tonight... a WIP of the Snyderman Princess Leia sculpt... got a lot done today, but still a bit more to go. Love that the buns are separately cast. First it looks like she comes with a tasty treat to eat and secondly it makes the hair a lot easier to paint.

wipg_zps5818ecec.jpg

Back