GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms- Buffy☢Bishop☢The Dude☢BB Jesse☢TWD Grimes☢Leia☢Belloq Done!

I've also got a repainted SSC Indy head (from Greggo) on my Hot Toys figure, and am pretty dang happy with it. Not 100% ideal, but I agree it's as good as anything else out there. Surely better than the stock one. Very nice work on yours GB.

I just posted some photos of my Dude so far with the excellent paint by GalactiCustoms.

https://www.collectionstash.com/collectibles/view/4023
Looking good! You just need to find a body with a sculpted chest/neck. Have you looked into the Soldier Story bodies?

https://www.soldierstory-toys.com/news_show.asp?id=87

I've also got a repainted SSC Indy head (from Greggo) on my Hot Toys figure, and am pretty dang happy with it. Not 100% ideal, but I agree it's as good as anything else out there. Surely better than the stock one. Very nice work on yours GB.

Looking good! You just need to find a body with a sculpted chest/neck. Have you looked into the Soldier Story bodies?

https://www.soldierstory-toys.com/news_show.asp?id=87

That actually looks pretty fantastic, thanks for the recommendation.

Soldier Story bodies are nice but they aren't compatible with HT ankle pegs. I wanted to port over my HT Indy to it but the neck and ankles weren't compatible. Now you can probably mod a custom head to fit it or maybe an HT head may fit onto the SS neck peg itself (I haven't tried) but the HT Indy head has one of those built in pegs to the head and it wont fit into the neck itself. The wrist pegs are compatible with HT hands though. Just in case anyone wanted to know.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I think the Sodlier Story peg is a bit smaller... but if you buy one with a head you can cannabilize the plug.

And I have to say SomethingSexy, those bashes look great! Particularly love the Dude, he looks great all put together. Thanks so much for sharing them :duff

Another option for a fixed neck body that would work with the current neck plug would be an Ezio or Saito Hot Toys body; but those are not easy or cheap to come by.

Nice work. I take it this will be Law.....

It's not Law... but now I can't recall what figure it was going to be used on. I'll find out... I do know the next head for him will be Buzzer; so that should be a fun one :rock

Buzzer you say....hmmmmm

Indeed. Guess he sculpted long hair for em.

And I have to say SomethingSexy, those bashes look great! Particularly love the Dude, he looks great all put together. Thanks so much for sharing them :duff

Thanks! The head is really not as bad in person as some people think. It looks like the Dude to me. Your paint job is fantastic regardless though.

Indeed. Guess he sculpted long hair for em.

That's the plan... I'm blanking on which sculpt, but I'll be adding the hair to it. Should be pretty cool when it's done.

Thanks! The head is really not as bad in person as some people think. It looks like the Dude to me. Your paint job is fantastic regardless though.

I'd have to agree... it's a very good looking and expressive sculpt. I think the expression especially is more fitting than the Rainman, but I still think the best Dude expression would be either a mellow one or semi-confused.

If you need any help with the neck plug on him let me know. I didn't glue the one you sent me in place... so honestly it would probably be pretty easy to swap a new one in it's place.

That's the plan... I'm blanking on which sculpt, but I'll be adding the hair to it. Should be pretty cool when it's done.

Interesting. Cast, paint and send one to me. Thnx.

If I had any ability to cast something w/o bubbles I'd be happy to. Casting seems easy on paper, but turns out it is not a strong suit for me :lol

Well phooey :pfft: :pfft: :pfft:

::: Scratches moneky boy off Master Customizer list :::

Feels good to have been on the list before failing... :banana

The Belloq head is going on to be used for Grand Slam. I'm going to use my Ex Beachhead sculpt for Buzzer.

Ah... there it is. Disregard the question in the PM I just send you :lol

BTW, did the head arrive yet? If it hasn't, should be there today or tomorrow.

StealthFox you sneaky SOB :lol

The Bridges likeness on the Dude sculpt is really as good as anything else I've seen, including Rainman's sculpt. The problem for me is that the expression is not really a Dude-like expression, unless you are going for the "Gutter *****" dream-sequence look :lol

I think that Belloq fits being one of the '82 guys. Are you doing your own JUMP, Stealth? Or waiting for Mando's?

Yeah, I can't wait to see the Dude figure Barryo is working on... that outfit he made is perfection and spot-on for the sculpt.

I got in Rocco's Beetlejuice over the weekend and it is an amazing sculpt. I've got possibly 2 more en-route or I would have started him already... but in an effort to be smart and not make more work for myself I'll do them all at once :lol But it's hard to wait... the sculpt is calling to me :huh

For the head back today. It's awesome bro! Such a drastic improvement over the factory crap job.

image_zps4853e909.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dig it!

ARAH FTW :rock :rock :rock

Back