GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms- Buffy☢Bishop☢The Dude☢BB Jesse☢TWD Grimes☢Leia☢Belloq Done!

Oh wow man... that looks great!!! And I see what you were saying about the neck :lol

Really good choice of sculpt for the bash :rock :rock :rock

Last edited:
Re: GalactiCustoms- Buffy☢Bishop☢The Dude☢BB Jesse☢TWD Grimes☢Leia☢Belloq Done!

He's not as ugly as the original Grand Slam, but I agree it's a good match for the character :D

Re: GalactiCustoms- Buffy☢Bishop☢The Dude☢BB Jesse☢TWD Grimes☢Leia☢Belloq/Grand Slam

Yeah, a true 1/6 OG Grand Slam would be pretty fugly :lol

So I'm removing the necks off of two Sideshow sculpts and damned if I'd forgotten what a pain in the *** that is. The material just doesn't want to come apart and drilling a deep and wide enough hole for a neck plug is slow going :lol

Re: GalactiCustoms- Bishop☢The Dude☢BB Jesse☢TWD Grimes☢Leia☢Grand Slam☢Han Solos WIP

Got started on what for me is a v3 of the ANH Han Solo and one for jmc1. Dremmeled off the necks and started repainting them this evening... should have them wrapped up tomorrow if all goes well.

wipk_zps97bf6649.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms- Bishop☢The Dude☢BB Jesse☢TWD Grimes☢Leia☢Grand Slam☢Han Solos WIP

Looking damn fine, J! Each paint app is looking better than the last. :clap

Thanks King... I'm hoping once I'm done with my Han it will be the last time I paint this sculpt for myself. Although I do have one more customer planning to send me one :lol

And for the record I still think this is the best ANH Han sculpt. The expression could be a little more cocky, but in terms of a young Harrison Ford I think it's spot on.

The custom Han I have is similar--neck removed and repainted--and I think it works really well.

Yeah, once you get away from a Buck body the outfit looks better and the sculpt can really shine.

I should've kept all my Sideshow SW figures and had you reprint them. :gah:

Re: GalactiCustoms- Bishop☢The Dude☢BB Jesse☢TWD Grimes☢Leia☢Grand Slam☢Solos☢Ash v2

Got the Hans mostly done... just need to clean them up a bit and seal the paint jobs. Also, got a bit more progress done on my v2 of the AOD Ash from Caine.

wipl_zps2dfbfb7b.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms- Bishop☢The Dude☢BB Jesse☢TWD Grimes☢Leia☢Grand Slam☢Solos☢Ash v2

Hans look great!

Thanks King :duff

looking FANTASTIC gb!

Thanks 8bit :duff Hope to get the 2 Hans and the Ash paint job wrapped up tonight. Didn't have much time over the weekend as we were celbrating my kid's 3rd birthday... she takes after me just a bit :lol

2880389F-7C56-4FF3-904A-ECF38A7F099A-4284-000003463729FE35_zps7ed49ede.jpg

they just outgrow their dewbacks so fast don't they.........:monkey2

My oldest was Batgirl for Halloween last year, and Supergirl the year before :lol

Got the Hans mostly done... just need to clean them up a bit and seal the paint jobs. Also, got a bit more progress done on my v2 of the AOD Ash from Caine.

wipl_zps2dfbfb7b.jpg

Hans are looking great, GB. :rock

KD is right - better with each sculpt it seems.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Fiend :duff

they just outgrow their dewbacks so fast don't they.........:monkey2

They do... now if only we could get a 1/6 Rancor we'd have something else for her to ride. Although we do have one of the TaunTaun stick horses; so that will do for now :lol

My oldest was Batgirl for Halloween last year, and Supergirl the year before :lol

Awesome, I guess this year she wants to be a caterpillar :huh :lol

Pretty much finished with the Hans and Ash today. I'll give them a once over tomorrow and snap some more shots. Also, got started on a Rick Grimes hat and set of badges... should have those mostly done by tomorrow as well.

wipm_zps02098052.jpg

Back