GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms- Bishop☢The Dude☢BB Jesse☢TWD Grimes☢Leia☢Grand Slam☢Solos☢Ash v2

I tried contacting you about bookings... but evidently you wear pants on Saturdays and I would never have a grown man with pants at a party for children :lecture

Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions!☢TWD Grimes☢Leia☢Solos☢Ash v2☢Old mAnakin WIP

Got cracking on an Ghost Anakin commission which will be the 2nd time for me making one. Got the head mostly painted, now I just need to alter the outfit a bit and get him assembled. Another example of a great polished turd from Hasbro. The heads a bit oversized, but once you've got all the robes on he looks pretty good.

wipo_zps0254f411.jpg

wipn_zps93deff92.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions!☢TWD Grimes☢Leia☢Solos☢Ash v2☢Old mAnakin WIP

Old mAnakin :lol

Thank you, thanks you... I'll be here all week :lol

tumblr_m1mrfxSuFX1qedb29o1_r1_500.gif

Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions!☢TWD Grimes☢Solos☢Ash v2☢Old mAnakin☢Beetlejuic

Got painting the Beetlejuice sculpt from Rocco... I'll eventualy put real hair on these, but we're a few steps away from that.

wipp_zpsf0bb7d37.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions!☢TWD Grimes☢Solos☢Ash v2☢Old mAnakin☢Beetlejuic

:panic::panic::panic:

IF you with "friend".

Ski

Freaky styley........:panic:

You going to try seb's style of putting hair on? More so the actual appliance of (which can be a beeyotch) I think the material being applied is what can make or break as well. Good luck j...........and take some good wips..........we have a conan coming up that we need to perfect this real hair for.......:)

:clap:clap:clap

Loving your paints apps mate, soon you'll be up there with the masters here.

Thanks everyone... I've been really itching to paint this sculpt. It's such a fun character :rock

Freaky styley........:panic:

You going to try seb's style of putting hair on? More so the actual appliance of (which can be a beeyotch) I think the material being applied is what can make or break as well. Good luck j...........and take some good wips..........we have a conan coming up that we need to perfect this real hair for.......:)

Yep, I'm using the Lamb's fur he recommended. It should be a similar process to how I worked on Chewbacca. I will post a few WIP to give an idea of how it goes... hopefully it won't be a disaster. I'll start with my personal sculpt first so I can hopefully do a better job on the 2 commissioned pieces :lol

Got a bit more work before I realized I haven't eaten and my stomach is now killing me :lol

wipr_zps239161bb.jpg

wips_zpscd7b57c9.jpg

The third one is eyeless as I'm waiting to find out if that head will be looking forward or to the side.

wipt_zps60207f44.jpg

Thanks man, it's a character I've long wanted in my collection.

Looking good GB! I actually got some lamb's fur myself, and started applying it last night sorta kinda following the tutorial you linked to. He looks completely insane right now :lol Mostly because the hair is too long (hasn't been trimmed yet) and is just flying straight out. But I think it's going to work our pretty well when all is said and done.

Just watch BJ today :lol

They look excellent so far, J! Cant wait to see them with the hair. The sculpt is great. once hair is added should look spot on.

Thanks everyone... it's a great flick, from a magic time before Burton started sucking :lol

Got the first application of hair done... no futzing or actual trimming. But even as it is it looks really good. Thanks again to Seb for the lambs fur recommendation! It's a perfect material for this :rock

wipu_zpsb3243f26.jpg

:clap:clap:clap

Looking appropriately nuts! Nice work there GB.

Back