GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions!☢TWD Grimes☢Solos☢Ash v2☢Old mAnakin☢Beetlejuic

Thanks CBob!

Probably won't do a Dio Barryo... I've never really done those before and don't really have space for one. Although I'm sure it would looks awesome :rock

Buzzer!!!!

Soon... he's next in the queue :rock

Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions!☢TWD Grimes☢Solos☢Ash v2☢Old mAnakin☢Beetlejuic

My friend monkey, where can I get that Beetle suit?

Ski

It's a set put out by Toys City... I got mine from Cotswold, but all the major retailers have it for around $36; very nice quality for the price.

Here's a link to it on Cotswold: Burgundy Suit

I am jumping on the list for a Beto Jason Part 3 sculpt and mask. I am going to have to send it your way.

Sweet... I'll be getting on as well :duff

BTW, I don't know about the resin needing to be tinted. I always start from primer and work my way up.

Sweet... I'll be getting on as well :duff

BTW, I don't know about the resin needing to be tinted. I always start from primer and work my way up.

Ya I was curious about that but I just listen to the experts. You or others can chim in and tell me I am dumb. :)

Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions!☢TWD Grimes☢Solos☢Old mAnakin☢Beetlejuice³☢Buzz

I think for some painters it would be better to have the clear resin... but I don't use the translucent paints so for me it probably wouldn't be helpful. But to be honest I'm not particularly knowledgeable about the different types of resins :huh

On another note, got started on a commission for Stealth Fox to transform the exclusive Beach Head sculpt into Buzzer. So far I've dremmeled off the hair and sculpted on a pulled back ponytail. Once smoothed and painted it will hopefully be pretty seamless.

I will admit being a bit gunshy over taking a dremmel to an exclusive head like this :lol

ECDF2BDE-CADE-4FF4-897D-512012AD7D4D-10504-0000096B6B92620C_zps80b3442b.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions!☢TWD Grimes☢Solos☢Old mAnakin☢Beetlejuice³☢Buzz

That looks great so far J.

That's lookin awesome bro!

Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions!☢TWD Grimes☢Solos☢Beetlejuice³☢Buzzer☢Punisher

Got more work done on Buzzer... skin and eyes are done, just gotta paint that pretty blonde hair. Also, while I was working on him I busted out two more squinting sculpts by AndyB; his punisher set. Still have a bit of clean-up to do on the Punisher sculpts, but they were a blast to paint... especially the beat up one :lol

Also, both of these were a bit different for me as I was trying to match the skin tone to a specific base body. The Punisher is for a KP02 and came pretty close and Buzzer will be for a fairly dark complected Sideshow body.

wipad_zps31b2df3f.jpg

punishc_zps717939fa.jpg

punisha_zps4f2f2e0f.jpg

punishe_zps4d92637d.jpg

punishd_zps8eee1e33.jpg

punishb_zps0423db99.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions!☢TWD Grimes☢Solos☢Beetlejuice³☢Buzzer☢Punisher

Damn those comic book Punishers turned out well GB. :clap

Really enjoying your Dreadnok progress, can't wait to see the final product.

Oh sheet! GB is bringing heat! Punisher is by far you best paint app to date :clap

And Buzzer is looking fantastic!!!!

Maybe sending you a pm very soon.....

Very nice work mate, gonna have to get you some paint work to do be before you put up your prices :clap

great paint ups j. the bruising on the punisher turned out fantastic. you go monkey....:yess:

Awesome work bro! Excited to see him all finished up!

Thanks guys... I was really thrilled when I scored those two Punisher scultps on the cheap. They are excellent quality and have a ton of attitude. I think anytime you get to paint something by AndyB or Trevor you're gonna have a good time with it :rock

I've got pieces for an outfit in transit, so after I touch up a few things on the sculpts I get to wait for some supplies :lol

Oh sheet! GB is bringing heat! Punisher is by far you best paint app to date :clap

And Buzzer is looking fantastic!!!!

Maybe sending you a pm very soon.....

Thanks Bro, and I'd be honored to paint something for you :duff

Very nice work mate, gonna have to get you some paint work to do be before you put up your prices :clap

Same, I'd love to paint something for you as well. And I don't plan on raising prices anytime soon. But now that you mention it... :panic:

Awesome work bro! Excited to see him all finished up!

Yeah, I had planned on getting the hair at least started last night, then last minute I remembered I'd forgotten to prime the ponytail you sent me :lol So I'll get that going today and hopeully the head wrapped up in the next few days.

Thanks man... anytime you get something that beat up looking it's a lot of fun to work on :rock

Thanks Bro, and I'd be honored to paint something for you :duff

Awesome! I got time this weekend, swing by. That shed ain't gonna paint itself.

Wear something revealing..... :wink1:

Sorry, GB will be busy doing a full body paint for me this weekend.

Back