GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions!☢TWD Grimes☢Solos☢Beetlejuice³☢Buzzer☢Punisher

Joe, that would be sweet if you are able to :yess:, but then I will need to pay you! :horror

Seriously, I can't wait! :hi5:

Good reminder, now I don't feel so bad :lol

I've lost the motivation to keep working on Beetlejuice. . .I've got all the stuff I need minus the magnets and maybe some socks. . .but I just can't get my butt in gear.

Yeah, on my own figure I need to revise the bowtie again and do all the weathering. So not much, but it's not the most exciting work so it gets pushed back for other things :lol I did get some pieces in for my Punisher figure so I'll probably give him a bit of attention today as well... although sadly the wrong shirt got sent so I'm waiting on the replacement :lol

Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions!☢TWD Grimes☢Solos☢Beetlejuice³☢Buzzer☢Punisher

And as promised, here's Buzzer in all his glory:

buzzerb_zpsb64f0ed4.jpg

buzzerc_zpse89fea25.jpg

BRILLIANT WORK!!!!!

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Its likely my Joe bias, but that is my favorite work from you so far. I love it.

Congrats Fox! That sculpt made a great Buzzer. :yess:

Thanks King, even w/o a Joe bias I really like this one as well. Each time I paint I learn something new and a lot of things seemed to come together nicely on this one :rock

Love what you did with that head. For some reasons no he kinda remind me of Billy Idol. lol

damn dude..............you are really stepping up your game. need to find something to send before you go global............:panic:

damn dude..............you are really stepping up your game. need to find something to send before you go global............:panic:

Well I'm shipping something back to Australia this weekend, and have a return customer from the UK... so maybe it's too late :huh

picture2.jpg

Love what you did with that head. For some reasons no he kinda remind me of Billy Idol. lol

He does have a bit of a "Rebel Yell" vibe to him, or even the love child of Billy Idol and Buffalo Bill :huh

billy-in-so-much-leather.jpg
+
10273-17344.jpg

=

buzzera_zpsfe558c9d.jpg

Last edited:
Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions!☢TWD Grimes☢Beetlejuice³☢Buzzer & Punisher Done

Got the Punisher mostly finished up... may still go with gauntlet gloves, but I'll revisit that later on.

punishf_zpsdb815133.jpg

punishg_zpsef94d880.jpg

punishi_zps8435bcf7.jpg

punishh_zps462d21f3.jpg

punishj_zpsc94a79d6.jpg

punishl_zps327454b9.jpg

punishk_zps2945da9c.jpg

Last edited:
Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions!☢Buzzer☢Punisher☢McClain DH4 & Beetlejuice Done

Had a productive weekend, finished up the 3 Beetlejuice sculpts and my own full Beetlejuice. Also, finished (pending approval) an alteration of the Retaliation Willis figure into McClain from Die Hard 4.

"It's Showtime!!!"
beetlee_zps0ed4d7b2.jpg

beetleh_zpsd9c11134.jpg

beetlei_zpsca8b22b3.jpg

beetleg_zps097887e3.jpg

beetlef_zpsb0bb2440.jpg

beetlej_zpsb78b18cb.jpg

diea_zps4735fb5c.jpg

diec_zpsa219beea.jpg

died_zpsf74eef1b.jpg

dieb_zpsfc008e16.jpg

Last edited:
Re: GalactiCustoms-Taking Commissions!☢Buzzer☢Punisher☢McClain DH4 & Beetlejuice Done

That Beetlejuics is awesome. I'm really tempted to make one now. THANKS!

you totally killed that beetlejuice j...................:clap

great weathering on the suit.

Excellent work GB! Mind sharing how you handled the vest?

Thanks Barry :rock

That Beetlejuics is awesome. I'm really tempted to make one now. THANKS!

You should... I think Caine may also offer a sculpt, but definitely a shelf worthy figure :lecture

Excellent work GB! Mind sharing how you handled the vest?

Sure, I ended up cutting a small notch out of the inner part of the vest that removed the top button so it could have that curved look. The material edges looks bad after doing this, so I glued them back together flat and then put a layer of liquid latex over the edges to hide it and give it that gross/wet look. Then I removed the snaps, sewed the top closed and moved bottom buttons to the other side and glued them in place.

Also, forgot to post this earlier... the other 2 Beetlejuice sculpts:

beetlek_zps8ae294cf.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for the input. I'm still planning on using my new sewing machine on this, but it's intimidating. My practice runs weren't really confidence inspiring :lol

What will you be sewing? I considered folding over the vest, but it was a bit too bulky for that to work, so cutting it seemed the easiest method.

I should probably add a bit of lace to his cuffs as well, but I haven't had a chance to do that yet.

I basically want to create a new hem line around the area that you glued together. Will probably cut it first, then fold one edge over and sow it.

That sounds like a good plan... I realized after the fact if I had only left the top layer of fabric I could have folded it over more effectively and either glued it in place, of if I was fancy like you; use a sewing machine :lol

Well it sounds good in theory :lol The little sowing machine I got moves fast, and I'm not totally sure I'll get a good, clean hem like I envision. At which point, I could be creating more problems than I solve with this.

Lovin beetlejuice.
Great sculpt paint and outfit.
Prefer this look to the b/w suit.

Yeah, the striped suit us the most iconic, but this one is really growing on me. And that you can get the suit for under $40 makes it a real bargain. I'm on the list for the DChung suit, but honestly I'll probably save a couple hundred bucks and stick with this as-is :lol

That Beetlejuice is awesome! The kid in me wants to take off his head and see if there's a mini head underneath. :D

Back