GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ McQueen ☢ They Live ☢ Thulsa ☢ Batman ☢ Capt A

Thanks man, I think that Captain head would look great on one of your customs.

Harry looks awesome man and your Old Bens are always great!

Thanks, and not surprisingly I have another Kenobi that I finished up last night :lol

I'll post some pics of him in a bit then back to radio silence :lecture

Here's a pic of the other Kenobi I finished this week, as well as an extra Captain America and one of Batman on a body:

d9cab3e9-1116-459a-b799-040650f2fd17_zpsaa06e3a9.jpg

e68f7f05-b1a6-4958-87d2-070b0cc9880e_zps6df4d446.jpg

48cb39ab-a12c-4cbe-a999-be3cebb09397_zps2242a51a.jpg

Awesome latest paints. You really improve a lot. I love the skintones and subtle textures.
I have that cap head, it looks good although I think he looks a bit too chubby :lol

Thanks man, and I'd agree on Cap. I think it's got a bit of a heavier/Alex Ross style to it. Definitely not a young cap, but one who's seen a lot of action.

Last edited:

I may end up painting 10 or 11 of these before it's all said and done, but for now here are 6 more of the excellent Thulsa Doom sculpt. I'm not completely done with these guys, but around 90%, mostly just need to do a bit of clean up.

8520a649-7ad0-49b1-816b-38a8e1b56c73_zps2d38ef54.jpg

Nearly finished with this trio of digital sculpts... Bond and Decard by BBKill and Wayne (the Recluse) by Greg Customs.

2c5060ed-277e-4d18-b314-86347ad5ac89_zps14bf6fe9.jpg

Nice . . . very nice!

I may end up painting 10 or 11 of these before it's all said and done, but for now here are 6 more of the excellent Thulsa Doom sculpt. I'm not completely done with these guys, but around 90%, mostly just need to do a bit of clean up.

8520a649-7ad0-49b1-816b-38a8e1b56c73_zps2d38ef54.jpg

Nice uniformity :clap :clap :clap :clap

Thanks everyone :duff

Nice . . . very nice!

Glad you approve... I'll get the trio finished up today or tomorrow and get clear pics for you :duff

Man, I love that scene... Thulsa Doom is one of my dream figures, so very stoked to be finally getting one of my own, but also awesome to be able to contribute to the overall project.

Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ McQueen ☢ They Live ☢ Thulsa ☢ Batman ☢ Capt A ☢ Skeletor WIP

Got started on this sculpt last night... not sure where it will end up, but if all goes well maybe a 1/6 Skeletor :huh

b7bdc04b-5c08-4132-bca0-c997730854f8_zps55130023.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ McQueen ☢ They Live ☢ Thulsa ☢ Batman ☢ Capt A ☢ Skeletor WIP

I scrolled down, saw the sculpt and immediately thought, "SKELETOR!?!?!" :panic:....before I read your post.

So yes, Skeletor.

picard_make_it_so_number_1_display.jpg

Loving the Evil Lord of Destruction!

Thanks guys, this is one I've wanted to do for awhile. Still not sure what body to use; I think for the muscular bodies the ACI Christian has the best overall proportions for sculpted legs and torso, but I just don't like the look of the body. I love how bulky the torso is for the KP02, but those skinny legs just kill it. Maybe the KP04 will be the answer.

I do hate that all the muscle bodies have such small undefined legs. That definitely limits their potential to a degree. I considered going with a Predator body once, but I wasn't feeling the reptilian scales for Skeletor.

I do hate that all the muscle bodies have such small undefined legs. That definitely limits their potential to a degree. I considered going with a Predator body once, but I wasn't feeling the reptilian scales for Skeletor.

I guess if you did a Mer-Man, that kind of body would work well. But if you wanted to keep the reuse idea from the original figures, you'd need to find one base body and then use it over and over again just swapping out legs and arms here and there.

BTW, I've found when looking for images of Skeletor you can run across a lot of things you can't unsee :lol

1188888-skeletor_painting.jpg

coolest-skeletor-from-he-man-costume-2-21298845.jpg

And perhaps worst of all.....

:lol :lol :lol :lol
skeletor-langella.png

Here's a trio of sculpts I finished for Bwayne:

c13832e7-ba65-4967-b552-b1a9fface9ba_zps5d33f7f0.jpg

51afaf56-778b-4965-9ca2-1995ffb5aa08_zpse4196662.jpg

b71a345c-1e88-4113-9307-442f30edf9a0_zps3b16c760.jpg

Back