Imaresqd1 Christian Bale SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty decent, al I think is the size of the pupils have to b sorted out. The final likeness has a lot to do with how the eyes end up being painted. make the pupils slightly smaller. it will help im sure!

Yes a decent amateur effort - make the pupils smaller and the lips actually shouldn't be painted all the way: look at Sean Job's paintup for reference, i'll repost it if I can find it

like I'd say you're good enough to charge people for your skills and that's your first paint job :lol nuff said.

Thanks buddy :hi5: , have you got finally your HS???

I bought this off a fellow Freak and i just painted it up myself .

This is my 3rd ever painting of a human head sculpt - Comments welcomed

the only thing i have to do is spray on my flat sealer coat , so it doesn't look so shiny.

I will lighten the lips a bit as they look a little red

The camera doesn't pick up what i painted - There are about 6 different layers of different colors of paint on his face.

Looks pretty good, you have to take off a bit of red from the lips, a light red mixed with orange is good for lips IMO. The matt sealer should help a lot on the final look, plus you can fix the eyes with a 20/0 brush :)

Great job!

BTW - I sent you two replacements this past week. If you are still waiting on a replacement please contact me - I want to make sure everyone is squared away.

Thank you,

Dean
CC

Hi Dean - Has my replacement shipped yet? I got a PM from you on 01/06 that the replacement cast has been poured and it will ship on Monday (i.e. 01/09). Still waiting for it. Thanks!

Look better with the matt sealer. Lips still looks a bit too red IMO, check some real pictures of Christian Bale as reference for a future paint job.. :hi5:

this is gonna be a long shot, but does anyone have an unpainted head they planned on selling? because im in the market for one.

:exactly: :exactly: Ironically, when I was looking for one, nobody was selling at that time (for more than 1 month)

I was lucky, I was looking for a painted one, and I got a response from a member in a couple of days. So glad that I got one that too with a phenomenal paint app by KAI! Thanks to Navio! :1-1:

I was looking for one unpainted, and I was lucky in some way because got mine directly from Dean, because someone from the list dropped out :) .

By the way, how do you fit the head scult on the DX02?? I think I am missing a peg or a joint or something... And what body are you using for this?? I am planning get a TTL without neck, but I see on ebay a lot of alternatives and I don't know which one is the best for this head :dunno

By the way, how do you fit the head scult on the DX02?? I think I am missing a peg or a joint or something... And what body are you using for this?? I am planning get a TTL without neck, but I see on ebay a lot of alternatives and I don't know which one is the best for this head :dunno

Since you have a with neck sculpt (unlike Commtech who modded and dremmeled out the sculpted neck to fit on the Sonar Neckpiece of the DX02 making the look more accurate) you need to have a Hot Toys True Type neck adapter. This one:
images

The HT neck adapter is what the sculpt is pre-drilled to fit.

I am using a HT Caucasian Narrow Shoulder TT for my Bruce Wayne bash with this head, and I used the HT Neck adapter as shown in the pic. Maglor uses a TTL body. His figure looks cool too, but I went with HT to give the look a little uniformity. Heres my bash:
dsc00998k.jpg

I also bought mine off a member. I came in this thread and saw what I missed and simply said "man, I wish I didn't miss out on this" and got 3 pms from people offering me theirs.

I have one for sale right now. I've had it listed in the F/S section for a few weeks. :dunno

I saw a WTB post for an unpainted sculpt, check it out, sadly newer members dont even bother to do a 'search' on the FS thread before making a Want thread and continuing to bump it for days while an item they want continues to be there on the FS threads

I check this site before going to ebay or other sites for things because I'd rather do business with people up here and because alot of times people up here sell things for great prices. I don't know why some people don't check the threads out here.

Back