Rainman Artworks - Dracula

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
392470df487eb34f803948c596504eba.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

There are so many factors that contribute to the color you see in film. Color correction/color timing play a major role but there's also filters on the lens of the camera as well as the kind of lighting they are using and even gels on the lights to alter the color. In digital photography there's white balancing to deal with as well.

In this case it's probably best to go by the color of the prosthetic mask and makeup prior to filming.

Ultimately I agree with Robbie, it's not a head sculpt meant for a figure, it's more of a mini-bust.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

I have this model kit of the Wolf scene and when I had it painted I told the artist that it should look like the grey skin can be seen through the fur. I think he did a good job at it:

IMG_9763a.jpg

IMG_9682a.jpg

This is Perfect color! I hope Rainman will change it to this color. This color makes the wolf recognizable. That blue that Rainman used to paint his is not working at all plus there is no contrast color between the fur and the skin. I hope he fixes it.

I have this model kit of the Wolf scene and when I had it painted I told the artist that it should look like the grey skin can be seen through the fur. I think he did a good job at it:

IMG_9763a.jpg

IMG_9682a.jpg

There are so many factors that contribute to the color you see in film. Color correction/color timing play a major role but there's also filters on the lens of the camera as well as the kind of lighting they are using and even gels on the lights to alter the color. In digital photography there's white balancing to deal with as well.

In this case it's probably best to go by the color of the prosthetic mask and makeup prior to filming.

Ultimately I agree with Robbie, it's not a head sculpt meant for a figure, it's more of a mini-bust.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

All of that is very true and that's why this stuff gets tricky. Personally, I think deciding on what's accurate is a case by case thing, but more times than not I'd say the way it appears on screen is they way replicas should look. But something like the Star Wars example I mentioned is what makes it all complicated. There are multiple versions on disc, all with color changes where in some you'd swear in ESB Solo's jacket is brown, and in others you'd swear it's blue. Those are the occasions where you may want to rely on the color of the actual prop for reference. But most movies don't go through the same frequency of remastering so it tends to be more cut and dry than that.

Speaking of this topic, I went to NY Wintercon today and spent a long while choppin' it up with Michael Biehn. Believe it or not he was completely unaware of the green vs. brown pulse rifle controversy. So when I asked if he remembered what it was, he said without thought that it was brown. Even after getting confirmation from him.... I'm still unsure :lol

I think we need some other angles.

I'm getting a serious "Depp" vibe off of that pic.

Although it could just be the over saturation of Raul Duke love from the Wishlist thread. :lol

9bb01593e1df449c016912ead2fe2dac.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Wow ...

I think we need some other angles.

I'm getting a serious "Depp" vibe off of that pic.

Although it could just be the over saturation of Raul Duke love from the Wishlist thread. :lol

Over saturation, or high demand/slew of serious interest? :lol

Last edited:
Back