Rainman Artworks - Dracula

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had it on VHS since release, then DVD. I decided - after this thread and my DX purchase - to buy it on Blu-Ray. It definitely hasn't aged well, but, like you said too, the memories! The Making of is fantastic and I just love how intense/serious Gary Oldman is and his conflict with Coppola.

It's a movie. It's to entertain. If it doesn't do that, then there's no point in watching it or moaning. There are plenty of movies I don't like, but I can still appreciate the artistry, both in making the film and figures.

When you're spending that much on a Rainman product, you really need to be feeling the connection. I have a large collection now, and I shall start getting rid of the ones I don't feel so passionate about. If nothing else, this will be the last man/vampire/bat/Victorian standing :)

I certainly don't collect to show off. I collect so I can appreciate the figures, the movies, the memories. . .

I really enjoy all the documentary featurettes in the special features too. They gave me a greater appreciation of the film. It gives more insight on where Coppola was trying to go with his ideas of practical effects and sticking closer to the story as Stoker first wrote it; how well he executed his vision is another story, but I appreciate the direction.

For those who are interested and don't have this on disc, here are the 4 featurette documentaries:

[video=youtube;PvSqFcGr5LU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvSqFcGr5LU[/video]

[video=youtube;_smVQFEMops]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_smVQFEMops[/video]

[video=youtube;yXYIqINaMtQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXYIqINaMtQ[/video]

IN-CAMERA - The Naive Visual Effects Of Dracula:

Watch In-Camera The naive visual effects of Bram Stoker's Dracula (deutsch untertitelt)

I never put too much thought into it before but it just dawned on me. Why does it say Confirm receipt(Credit card) when I always pay flat out with PayPal funds?

I never put too much thought into it before but it just dawned on me. Why does it say Confirm receipt(Credit card) when I always pay flat out with PayPal funds?

RM's site isn't the best in the world :lol

Is the artmaz email the best way to contact him?, I paid for dx, but could not pay through his site, I sent via paypal, but my status for the order has not changed.

Artmaze is where your paypal payment will show up as. If you look at your paypal account then you should be billed already by Artmaze for whatever you purchased. I grabbed the fs of the red dracula and think that the paint job on the head sculpt is absolutely amazing as usual. Someone did a custom red dracula that was pretty good that you can checkout on you tube,i found it by mistake by putting in review of red dracula by rainman hoping that maybe someone got a piece early and did a review. I know it was a long shot,but this guy who did a custom was good except for the length of his cape in my opinion. If anybody else checks out that video post what you think if you don't mind.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

When I first saw Copolla's Dracula I was pleasantly surprised how closely it ressembled the book. From Harker's trip to Transylvania, to the turn of the century references, even some of the monologue and dialogue. I don't think any Dracula movie has been truer to the imagery, intent, and tension that Stoker created.

Agreed! I never read the 3 book,but the movie tells me plenty and looking foward to having him in my collection!

I wish that rainman would have made a fs of Van Helsing by Anthony Hopkins,he made up a great role,just like priest and megan. I understand coming out with 3 figures is tough though too,plus if your strictly focused on dracula. It still would have been awesome though,great outfit and overall look in the movie!

When I first saw Copolla's Dracula I was pleasantly surprised how closely it ressembled the book. From Harker's trip to Transylvania, to the turn of the century references, even some of the monologue and dialogue. I don't think any Dracula movie has been truer to the imagery, intent, and tension that Stoker created.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rvs2Mhltp5g

:lol:lol

That's pretty funny. I never read the book so I was taking Coppola's word on his boast of accuracy. I do want to read the book now to see how much he re-imagined. Either way, I do like the "costumes are the sets" philosophy he followed with this. Accurate to the novel or not, it did make for some interesting designs

Back