[Update] Custom 1/6 'DeLorean & Ecto 1 Bases' + Marshmallow Man Concept

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATE: Custom 1/6 'Base To The Future'

I am interested in version D.

Thanks,
Alan Hamby

I'm interested in option C.
Is a custom base size possible?

Fan, thanks for having a go at this.

I know you said you can make specific sizes, I'm needing about 3 cm shaving off both the width and depth, is this do-able or do I need to pay extra because it's a 'custom size'?

These should look amazing , really interested in C and D ..... got to see those light up flames OH MY GOD !!

Updated the list, thanks to all!

Custom sizes are possible and will not automatically change the price. Here are some examples:

Custom base slightly smaller than standard size -> Same price as standard sized base
Custom base much smaller than standard size -> Lower price than standard sized base
Custom base slightly larger than standard size -> Slighlty higher price than standard sized base
Custom base much larger than standard size -> Higher price than standard sized base

Even larger sizes than the maximum version are possible but that would of course also change the shipping costs. Making one base of multiple parts is also an option.

Just post or pm me what specific specs you're looking for.

Just a suggestion since this can be powered by AC adaptor can you make a circuit that can connect to Deloreans AC connector? So that only one adaptor will be needed to power both? just a suggestion that you might want to look into thanks

Just a suggestion since this can be powered by AC adaptor can you make a circuit that can connect to Deloreans AC connector? So that only one adaptor will be needed to power both? just a suggestion that you might want to look into thanks

:clap Excellent idea - that's possible and would be pretty cool I think. The voltage is different from what I will install in the base but I could install an additional connection cable hidden uner the modeled asphalt structure that will start under the DeLorean and would end next to the connector of the lighted flames.

That would also allow to turn on or off the lights separately. Really cool HT added a DC plug next to the batteries on the DeLorean. :yess:

ea5c42c21223fc23c061f871e73979f9.jpg

"DV" ?? :)

Last edited:

Oh wow yeah that would be nice! Thanks for considering that =D

Will you be offering a display case that would fit this? Or some type of acrylic cover?

Interested in C or D depending on final results:clap

Oh wow yeah that would be nice! Thanks for considering that =D

Think it makes sense. :hi5:

I'm down for the lighted base and backdrop. (...)

Thanks! Reserved your spot.

Will you be offering a display case that would fit this? Or some type of acrylic cover?

^ Yeah might as well?

I could offer them in combination with this type of modular case:

023979c83bda205bd2c9a6983889e670.jpg

Not making these myself so I would just include them for retail + the higher shipping due to the additional weight. Really love these as it's possible to disamble them if necessary.

Interested in C or D depending on final results:clap

Thanks! Reserved your spot as well.

Last edited:

That modular case looks great! How much would those run?

The case on the picture has round about the base size of the "Regular Version" bases in this offer. Would have to look it up again but I think they are round about $ 240 + shipping. Not cheap I know but the quaility is top and I think glued acrylic cases are usually even more expensive at this size and also harder to handle.

Edit: Just looked it up, the case aboove was approx. $210

Last edited:

That'll be cool if you can be our one stop shop to buy our display options if when you are finished with everything just give us a final price on combinations of different options (plus w/ or w/o the case) then let's decide if our wallet would say Yes �� But for now iam liking the options only the pice would be the final deciding factor .. Thanks for providing this option for us

That'll be cool if you can be our one stop shop to buy our display options if when you are finished with everything just give us a final price on combinations of different options (plus w/ or w/o the case) then let's decide if our wallet would say Yes �� But for now iam liking the options only the pice would be the final deciding factor .. Thanks for providing this option for us

Thanks, pretty sure I'll stick to the prices listed on the first post ever since I started the interest list. For possible case additions the case's prices would also depend on the height and for that I'll need to know how high the DeLorean + the 1/6 Energy Pole first will but time will tell. :lol

Hey fellas,

since I can't work on other projects today (paint needs to dry), first real progress on this project:

Click for full resolution

Click for full resolution

Made this relatively quick first test for the modeled 1/6 flames in the way I had them in mind.

Lmk what you think! :duff

Last edited:
Re: 1st Flames Test: Custom 1/6 'Base To The Future'

Hard to tell from that shot, but probably needs to be a lot more yellow with red tips to simulate fire.

The first quatre nearest the camera looks good - on the way there.

bttf-bk2b.jpg

Absolutely agree with that, still want to tweak the color and also the structure, at this proto it's way to evil :lol but I'm happy the idea in general works.
They will be more yellow on the final product and a little lower for more accuracy I think, so they will also light up evenly to the tips.

back_to_the_future_large_12.jpg

Had the DVD set already but got the Blu-ray box now for better detailed references. The flames of course change a lot during the scene but I think what will look best and most suitable is an iconic look based on the posters.

Back_to_the_Future_rerelease_movie_poster.jpg

Yeah, the flames in the posters are the way forward IMO.

The flames in the movie are made of "cold fire" :lol Cold fire doesn't burn anything, as you can see.

What material will it be? I've seen explosions done from cotton wool, but I assume you'll be using some kind of plastic?

(...) some kind of plastic?

Yeah, that's basically correct, cotton wool wouldn't well work in this case.

Cold fire?! :lol So my bases will be even more accurate, looking hot while actually cold thanks to SMD-LEDs. :yess:

Back