Brandon Routh - Super Man returns - Proto update

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Brandon Routh - Super Man returns by WW/ WIP

The Reeve body makes the most sense to me since Routh was playing Reeve's Superman essentially.

You might be right A-dev, Reeve body might be the best bet, might have to switch out the firearms though as those are a little thin

I've tried a TTM19 body and unfortunately the chest isn't nearly big enough. It makes him look like a skinny 13 year old wearing the suit.

I found success in a FA Captain America body. ive been meaning to try him on one of the newer ones since they seem to be a little bit more massive but not as much as the MOS body

Hi Guys i was reading your last discussion, and thought of sharing these facts, i searched in the net and forunt the two actors body stats but unfortunatly couldnt gather details about Reeves. Please refer the details and confirm a body, and also please not that average human body is about 8 times of the head,

Untitled.jpg

Hot Toys Man of Steel SUPERMAN Figure 1/6 MUSCULAR BODY. Please refer the details and confirm a body,

if you make the neck opening similar to current neckless hot toys heads, people can use which ever body they see fit. if they plan to use the original hot toys suit their options will be limited though, as it's tailored for a smaller true type.

The problem with the SR outfit though is you kinda need a neck to plug into the body (whether part of the head or a separate piece) because of the cape. It was designed to dip into the neck cavity a bit, and doesn't really fit well around a thick BvS style neck otherwise. At least that's what I've found anyway.

20160907_200017 (400x500).jpg

The problem with the SR outfit though is you kinda need a neck to plug into the body (whether part of the head or a separate piece) because of the cape. It was designed to dip into the neck cavity a bit, and doesn't really fit well around a thick BvS style neck otherwise. At least that's what I've found anyway.

yea, if people want to use the stock SR suit/body, they can just get a hot toys tony stark/hawkeye/captain america/ style neck post and use that with the head.

EDIT:

hey dave, that routh looks really nice. is it a repaint? any more pics?

Last edited:

if you make the neck opening similar to current neckless hot toys heads, people can use which ever body they see fit. if they plan to use the original hot toys suit their options will be limited though, as it's tailored for a smaller true type.

The options aren't limited. As I stated earlier, I have my SR superman on a muscular body and the suit fits it very well. I will take pictures this weekend to show this. I have greatly customized all of the HT superman returns figures and placed on new bodies, updated the paint apps, adjusted the interior neck plugs. All the old HT figures have incredible potential and just need minor adjustments to get them to look up to current standards

Last edited:

hey dave, that routh looks really nice. is it a repaint? any more pics?

Thanks! Yeah I was actually in the middle of repainting my 2-in-1 head when I came upon this thread (hence why the eyes haven't been painted yet). I also tried to narrow the head a bit more and pin back the ears after heating it up, but ultimately there's only so much you can do to improve the likeness. And I can't wait to replace it with Warnuna's much better version.

20160907_222010 (422x600).jpg20160907_222021 (474x600).jpg
20160907_221807 (487x600).jpg

That looks really nice dave. Did you use a longer neck? Is that the stock body? Is it the lighting or did you do the hair brown? Looks really nice!

The options aren't limited. As I stated earlier, I have my SR superman on a muscular body and the suit fits it very well. I will take pictures this weekend to show this. I have greatly customized all of the HT superman returns figures and placed on new bodies, updated the paint apps, adjusted the interior neck plugs. All the old HT figures have incredible potential and just need minor adjustments to get them to look up to current standards

I've seen the captain America body used. And the true type with the thigh add ons. Those looked good. But I think the captain America chest is too big and the waist is tiny.

The Chris reeve body does not work for this figure and I doubt the MOS body will fit the suit.

That looks really nice dave. Did you use a longer neck? Is that the stock body? Is it the lighting or did you do the hair brown? Looks really nice!

It's the original body but I've replaced the arms with those from a muscular body (to give him more realistic shoulders) and beefed up the chest, torso, and legs. But it still needs a bit more work yet. And yeah the hair was painted a bit more brown, and it was given a new neck.

Re: Brandon Routh - Super Man returns by WW/ update

WIP updated, Working on BRs main shapes and the facial details are mostly done, Skin details and miner forms with the hair yet to do...

Thanks! Yeah I was actually in the middle of repainting my 2-in-1 head when I came upon this thread (hence why the eyes haven't been painted yet). I also tried to narrow the head a bit more and pin back the ears after heating it up, but ultimately there's only so much you can do to improve the likeness. And I can't wait to replace it with Warnuna's much better version.

View attachment 290987View attachment 290988
View attachment 290989

Wow I never thought the 2 in 1 can look like this.

Anyway, I will be replacing at-least one of the heads of my Superman Returns figure with Waruna's sculpt.

Wow I never thought the 2 in 1 can look like this.

Anyway, I will be replacing at-least one of the heads of my Superman Returns figure with Waruna's sculpt.

All the sculpts can be pretty amazing when repainted but WW's will be the best IMO.

Here's pics of mine on the body I'm using-fianlly-sorry about the delay. I honestly can't see a better body but that's just me :lol

attachment.php

attachment.php

And here are the repaints I've done on all the previous HT sculpts:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

those repaints are awesome.

which body did you use?

Re: Brandon Routh - Super Man returns by WW/ update

Man, I used to own those figures. I can't believe how bad the paint was....

Back