Brandon Routh - Super Man returns - Proto update

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Brandon Routh - Super Man returns by WW/ update

Im afraid to do this mod. How did you get the suit of? Does it involve cutting at the back and sewing again?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Im afraid to do this mod. How did you get the suit of? Does it involve cutting at the back and sewing again?

Yeah unfortunately it does require cutting down the back of the suit. And then once you do that the rest of the outfit comes off pretty easily; you just want to make sure you go really slow so you don't damage the suit at all. And then afterwards I found that simply sticking a line of double-sided scotch tape to the back, and pressing the two halves of the suit onto that, is enough to hold everything back together (while still letting you peel it off again to make adjustments). And with that big ass cape you're not going to see the damage anyway.

Hey guys was busy with some house work and got time on BR again... Please refer the updated WIP

Nice work! Definitely looking a lot closer from that angle now. Now just hurry up and cast it already, cause I'm dying to paint it. ;)

You don't have to cut down the back. you can take off the belt from the back, then take the trunks off, and at that point you'll find a seem at the waist which is what I opened up to get the suit off as I did not want a visible seem at the back of the suit that's not supposed to be there.

I've also modded the belt with real fabric belt loops

You don't have to cut down the back. you can take off the belt from the back, then take the trunks off, and at that point you'll find a seem at the waist which is what I opened up to get the suit off as I did not want a visible seem at the back of the suit that's not supposed to be there.

Thanks for the valuable tip. I will tru to do this mod later when I get a chance.
I was really thinking there was a better way than cutting the backside.

Thank you again.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yeah I considered that, but I was afraid after I put the outfit on a bigger or modified body I'd have trouble pulling the shirt back down as far as I need to (since the seam is right around the belt line). But I guess that hasn't been a problem for people.

Hey guys was busy with some house work and got time on BR again... Please refer the updated WIP

looks really good.

is the curl going to be a separate piece?

i was looking at my medicom SR and noticed the curl is flat against the forehead. it looks good and might make casting it easier.

Last edited:

14361445_10210753678225970_6405376211683812977_o.jpg

Hi All,

Im currently doing a sculpt of Brandon Routh(Super Man Returns) HS and this thread is to gauge the interest to proceed it for production. Here with i have attached the WIP of the sculpt.

Working on BRs main shapes and the facial details are mostly done, Skin details and miner forms with the hair yet to do...

Price - $60 including PP fee(Unpainted) + Shipping

Shipping

USA - $8
International - $18

View attachment 294318View attachment 294319View attachment 294320

Looks great from the side.
From the front it looks like the face should be fuller and the nose thinner.

Just my novice opinion. :)

Looks great from the side.
From the front it looks like the face should be fuller and the nose thinner.

Just my novice opinion. :)

great sculpt.

......but looking at it on a large screen as opposed to my phone this morning, i still think the cheeks and jaw line need to be fuller and the nose thinner.

but great sculpt. can't wait to get this one and hopefully a clark kent mod. (as well as your henry cavill clark and hopefully messed up hair superman)

Re: Brandon Routh - Super Man returns - Taking Orders - Sculpt completed

Awesome work!!! Can you please put me down for one. As per FB messenger chat I'll do payment ASAP :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back