Custom '66 Batman Bat-Shield - Second Run Canceled - Deposits Refunded

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom '66 Batman Bat-Shield - Now Accepting Deposits

All deposit paid shields are in production:

14012253952_939f17784b.jpg

14015905324_1e126912d1.jpg

Wow! Worst. Production. Day. Ever.

My intent was to finish the two I got started and man what could go wrong did go wrong. Gen. ZodLives' sheild was about 80-85% complete. Then the dang thing fell off the table and broke the end right off. What a disappointment.

I started him another one along with all the guys who paid their deposits.

This was a hard day for this project but I have the procedure down and cardboard down around my stool!

Still waiting for supplies but I have enough here to keep on truckin'!

Proof of Concept.
[video=youtube_share;qOeV0nZlUP0]https://youtu.be/qOeV0nZlUP0[/video]

Just want you guys to see how hard Lee and i are working on this model. Hope to have some info up soon with pics of Batman & Robin with the shield, but we may leave that to you all! You guys :rock2 and thanks for supporting us! :hi5:

Very cool! Are you guys thinking about offering any other '66 accessories?

We have one or two in mind! ��

Custom '66 Batman Bat-Shield - Now Accepting Deposits

A few actually, glad you asked!!

A red bat phone with a blinking LED inside, computer terminals with blinking LEDs panels from the batcave, batpoles with the cushions at the bottom... An atomic pile! 😊

My long term display goal is to build out a batcave for the duo and the batmobile.

A shield would look great in there but it's not one of the primary set pieces so that's my hesitation in getting it. That money would go a long way towards dressing up the cave.

I'm going to put some stuff on eBay this weekend and if it all goes I'm in for a shield.

What can I say, you guys are artists. Great video of one of the coolest custom accessories I've seen. Really looking forward to getting this and seeing what else you've got coming. :rock

What can I say, you guys are artists. Great video of one of the coolest custom accessories I've seen. Really looking forward to getting this and seeing what else you've got coming. :rock

Thanks Man! I'm not sure if we have anything planned as grand as earth dog wants, but we will certainly do some research to see if we can. I think our plans are bit less ambitious and more "strike while the iron is hot", so smaller scale. Doesn't mean we cant do custom pieces though. A Bat phone though...that could work:wink1:

Last edited:

So you're saying a batboat is out of the question too? 😊

I kind of remember Robin shooting a rocket launcher in one episode but haven't found a pic of it. It's not as iconic as the shields.

One more idea... How about cut plexi signs with onomatopoeias on them like the one hanging in this pic...

yzyvynar.jpg

Scaled down to fit it in a Detolf behind the figures and hang it from the shelf above with suction cups or stick it to the back wall with suction cups or build a stand onto the bottom.

epedu9yp.jpg

IMG_4782.JPG

This what you talkin bout?

Holy crap I forgot about that launcher! I can't wait to get this series when it comes out at the end of the year--I'm sure there's a ton of stuff I've forgotten was on the show.

Yeah we are researching now. If the shield sells well, we'll be prototyping this next. Might only get few customs as this piece would probably a lot of mixed media for us. There's a new MEGO type accessory pack from Figures Direct or something that has this piece included. Be good to get that for reference for rear of the canon.

Thanks for the link! Those are some sweet customs!

Back