Dr. Alan Grant Headsculpt- Haired Version Complete

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with Greeky. Worst case, we have 2 figures. That means we could battle damage one figure each! Post Explorer flip Grant and a suggestively posed, bare chested Malcolm. :lol

So Chronicle is teaming up with ACI to produce 1/6 figures? They hinted at 1/6 Conan figures over at Statue Forum, but never said anything about any other lines or that it would be in conjunction with another company. Makes sense though since they are really about props and statues. Man, they're just taking all my money.

I just dropped $800 on a custom Ragnar. :gah:

Oh well. I'm still excited to have my custom Grant and Malcolm. Customs are more fun for me anyway. I like finding the pieces and "building" them.

Edit for Vash- I don't want to wait. They might not even do Grant. If they do, oh well. I'm still 100% in for this.
Chances of them not doing Grant are slim....er....uh.....zero. He's the main character. Still want to go ahead with this since I've already got some investment in it.

The way things are going these days, I'm not sure it's worth doing customs of anything anymore. There are dozens of companies out there doing all kinds of characters now. I think it's going to be more and more the norm, that as soon as you finish a custom, there's a mass market counterpart.

What a good news, thank you Vash! Cant wait to put it next to Dr Malcolm!

So wonders never cease... I received my custom Alan Grant denim shirt today...

Grant shirt 1.jpg

It's a nicely made little shirt in hand -- with a terrific fabric that is very thin, light and should hang very naturally once on a figure -- and for the most part more accurate than anything I can find, although it is not wholly accurate in itself -- buttons will need to be brushed with some gray/brown, and the shirt photographs a bit brighter than the actual fabric, which is closer to a gray/blue in hand.

The customizer told me he would be offering this on his site, but I'm waiting for him to response to my email for a direct link (and to make certain he will actually offer these).

My first reaction is that it looks a little Ken dollish, but that's probably a little harsh. Picture isn't that great. Like you said, the buttons need work. Plus, once you get it on the figure, tucked in, futzed with a little, maybe even some weathering, it should be fine. I'm good with it, but I'm still going to try to finish modding the one that I purchased before. Came close to finishing it, but the dye I used was way too blue. So I had to "undye". Never did try again. Getting the head would be a motivation. Hope that's coming soon.

Thanks Wor-Gar for providing us with this option.

My first reaction is that it looks a little Ken dollish....

Yes, I can see that. The cost was more than fair however and I didn't want to drag this out any further than it was going -- so much time was spent on his end just finding the right material. But this is definitely a shirt you will want to add a bit of mud and grime to give it some character.

I always thought a clean Malcolm and a dirty Grant would be another great way to separate the characters besides the obvious city hip vs outdoorsman attire.

I'd like to see sculpts.

EDIT: I just read the news about ACI's intended Alan Grant 1/6th figure. Wow -- perfect timing, as I just got my parts together. :lol

Goes to show you -- if you really want a factory figure of your favorite character, just start a custom.

Last edited:
I'd like to see sculpts.

EDIT: I just read the news about ACI's intended Alan Grant 1/6th figure. Wow -- perfect timing, as I just got my parts together. [emoji38]

Goes to show you -- if you really want a factory figure of your favorite character, just start a custom.
You have a link to the ACI Grant figure?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Bump.
Is this still moving forward or are we waiting for the ACI grant

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Back