GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms ☢ Dexter ☢ Acid Pennywise ☢ Fight Club ☢ Dread Pirate ☢ Old Ben!

Really dig Despair, GB! That sculpt in particular has a really unique look to it.

Re: GalactiCustoms ☢ Dexter ☢ Acid Pennywise ☢ Fight Club ☢ Dread Pirate ☢ Old Ben!

Thanks man... it was fun to try and sculpt something w/o a lot of direction. And I was happy to see we had a good turn out for the kitbash challenge :rock

thanks so much joe for the paint apps. really top notch stuff....started to put some customs together.....:wave

first- a great sculpt i think it was by f-seb? anyway this mad Dr. Joker is insane, a wrist cutter, blood hungry, and all around deviant, as you can see he loves blood, going in and out,,, almost done with him , just a few things to do...

joke_zps1cfd4514.jpg

joke4_zps11f30975.jpg

joke3_zps5328c986.jpg

joke2_zps6c1d89f8.jpg
joke1_zpsd0f30d63.jpg

joke5_zps4f935ad8.jpg

joke6_zps761ea6a1.jpg

joke8_zps7ec85a17.jpg

joke7_zps39f8f1c8.jpg

a great rocco sculpt, done to perfection by galacticboy..outfit by dan chung......love it..
ACID-Copy-Copy_zps09dc394a.jpg

ACID3-Copy2_zps0c8be156.jpg

acid4-Copy_zps0cf13d2a.jpg

ACID1-Copy2_zps0603cb68.jpg

deadwood al,. also by rocco- with a moe's production suit...and of course painted by galacticboy.
al-Copy_zps33427fdf.jpg
al1-Copy_zps02dafa2b.jpg

al3-Copy_zpsea0d4eff.jpg

al4-Copy_zpsb55d0bec.jpg

Those figures look great man! Didn't think of the Dr. Giggles approach for the Joker, but it works :rock :rock :rock

Nothing much worth showing... but I've got about 12 or so heads in at the moment and they're all primed and works has begun on them. I'll be posting better updates over the next few days as heads get finished up :duff

But, one quick WIP... I was asked to make a masked head out of a Clone Trooper for Dreddbatfan... pretty happy with how it's turned out so far :rock

Before and After Priming
B235CD5D-9DFE-4982-90A4-CB97FE19427A-14561-000009C99ADCD9BE_zps44503606.jpg
F31ABCF9-7F46-4767-A63B-EDB80F565041-36600-00000C78E9935880_zps3d95c9de.jpg

Last edited:

Very coo!. Knda reminds me of Shocker from Spider-Man.

Yeah, it does look a bit like that... it'll just be a yellow on top, red on the bottom mask, done in a comic style. While a simple design, there is something satisfying about sanding it down to a nice and smooth surface :lol

Dreddbatman like a mix of both batman and dredd? Does it exists in comic book?

Nah... sorry Seb, that's the board members name. I don't know the name of the character I'm sculpting :lol

:rotfl dan that could have made something interesting.

Well... there's still time to make one. I could see a Dredd version of Batman being a cool mash-up :lecture

Oh, and I just noticed messed up on his name... it's Dreddbatfan; which sounds less like a character :lol

A Dredd helmet with Bat-ears......hrrm. :lol

Yeah, it does look a bit like that... it'll just be a yellow on top, red on the bottom mask, done in a comic style. While a simple design, there is something satisfying about sanding it down to a nice and smooth surface :lol

Aves is my favorite sculpting medium for that very reason. It sands and polishes beautifully without losing the integrity of the piece. Looking forward to seeing what comes of that head!

Getting close to completing my current crop of commissions... I'll have up nice clear photos over the next few days:

35AF2995-17FC-4CBB-9692-6C1E9CA10F89_zpskxefvg5i.jpg

05F90CDD-347E-4FE0-B140-22D09677D3C9_zpsg0ix9rfh.jpg

BC6086DD-6AC6-4A96-A9C0-073DFCC55F32_zpsop5tk9ot.jpg

Great work, love the new pics! Can finally see the eye detail on your work and I'm very impressed man.

Thanks man :duff Eyes are always tricky, but to me are the most satisfying part when they're done :rock

They make or break a paint up for me. Its what your eye is drawn to first for most people.

Re: GalactiCustoms ☢ Dexter ☢ Acid Pennywise ☢ Fight Club ☢ Dread Pirate ☢ Blues Bros

Got these guys wrapped up... really fun sculpts from Rocco:

bluesa_zpsfe106128.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms ☢ Dexter ☢ Acid Pennywise ☢ Fight Club ☢ Dread Pirate ☢ Blues Bros

paint ups look awesome gb - especially the deckard paint up :)

Back