GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms ☢ Dexter ☢ Acid Pennywise ☢ Fight Club ☢ Dread Pirate ☢ Blues Bros

Thanks man... the Deckard is a pretty stellar sculpt! Maybe a touch small; but so much detail.

Here's two more quick pics... Steve Zissou by Rocco and a finished shot of the Deckard:

decke_zps1469bcb8.jpg

stevea_zps174ad550.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms ☢ Dexter ☢ Acid Pennywise ☢ Fight Club ☢ Dread Pirate ☢ Blues Bros

Nice round of paint-ups. I need to dig up something to send ya.

Great work on that excellent Deckard sculpt. The Blues Brothers also look swell. If I had infinite space, I would get those.

Nice round of paint-ups. I need to dig up something to send ya.

That'd be awesome :rock

Great work on that excellent Deckard sculpt. The Blues Brothers also look swell. If I had infinite space, I would get those.

Yeah, Blues Brothers is a classic... but they definitely are not within my collecting focus.

Each paint up is better than the last, very impressive stuff! :bow

Getting ready to send you a batch of items, MERRY CHRISTMAS SKI!!

Ski

Each paint up is better than the last, very impressive stuff! :bow

Thanks Marf :duff

Who did that Deckard, J? Great apps on him!

Thanks Flosi... it was done by BBKill; he's also got a Craig Bond sculpt and I think might have also done the Lisbeth from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?

Really impressive work.

Getting ready to send you a batch of items, MERRY CHRISTMAS SKI!!

Ski

What's that you say?

Finished up an Avery Brooks sculpt that will be used for Spenser For Hire customs...

spenserd_zpsc0e28ef8.jpg

spenserb_zpsff7f2c19.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms ☢ Acid Pennywise ☢ Fight Club ☢ Gus Fring ☢ Zissou ☢ Deckard

Got Deckard and Steve finished up... although I noticed in the photos the right iris of Deckard is a bit mishapen, so I'll fix that; but I don't want to do another set of photos :lol

steveb_zps6a4d23fa.jpg

deckf_zps9c2ba94b.jpg

Also, here's a WIP of the Face Off Gus Fring by Rocco... I'd previously resculpted a regular Gus for my own custom, but this is the actual damaged sculpt by Rocco:

gusn_zpsc391439f.jpg

:clapGreat work gb.
Especially like the blues brothers but am biased.
They will look great with shades on bodies.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing the final figures :rock

Dig the Blue Bros. But that Deckard is fantastic, GB. :clap

Thanks Mando :duff

Re: GalactiCustoms ☢ Acid Pennywise ☢ Fight Club ☢ Zissou ☢ Deckard ☢ Blues Bros!

Here are some better shots of the completed Blues Brothers... I tried out my T-800 glasses, but since they didn't fit right and I was afraid they might break if I left them on too long :lol

Anyway, very cool and fun sculpts:

bluesc_zps2ed4b418.jpg

bluesb_zps33bd5d73.jpg

And a bit of a throw back to the olden days of customizing... I had a chance to repaint a Hero Head Blondie. It's a super rough sculpt, but honestly the likeness is solid; not bad for a $10 sculpt that's over 10 years old :lol

blondiea_zpsa63ec084.jpg

Last edited:
Re: GalactiCustoms ☢ Acid Pennywise ☢ Fight Club ☢ Zissou ☢ Deckard ☢ Blues Bros!

You nailed your latest skin tones that Deckard is your best paint yet!

Thanks Seb :duff I've know I've said it a lot already, but that Deckard is just a wonderful sculpt... a real pleasure to paint. Makes me wish I'd bought one of the Bros Production re-releases so I could have one too :monkey2

I really have to thank Stealthfox for the upgrade in my skintones... he'd asked me to try and match the Buzzer skintone to a Sideshow neck. After I did it once I really liked the result and since then I've continued to do the same kind of paint. What was funny is it took quite a while to find the right color... and at one point I got desperate and added a bit of black, turned out that was the missing ingredient :lol

So hat's off to Buzzer!!!
buzzera_zpsfe558c9d.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms ☢ Gus ☢ Zissou ☢ Deckard ☢ Blues Bros ☢ Vallon

And finishing off the rest of my in-hand commissions:

Princess Bride Dread Pirate and Inigo Montoya by Rocco:
dreade_zpsed7bcfc0.jpg

dreadf_zps649e7172.jpg

dreadg_zpsb73fee07.jpg

Priest Vallon by Rocco
priestb_zps20a5aa04.jpg

"Face off" Gus Fring by Rocco:​
guso_zps63ca3a69.jpg

gusp_zps8f6c743f.jpg

Resculpted and painted super hero head:
dbfanc_zpsb03602c5.jpg

Awesome! Love the 'dirty work' on those boots. :rock

Thanks Marf, I was hoping to get a nice "distressed" look rather than sloppy paint :lol

Back