GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms- Taking Commissions! ☢ Deckard ☢ Vallon ☢ BrBa ☢ Evil Elf ☢ Bond

I like the subtlety in the blonde eyebrows. Very accurate.

Re: GalactiCustoms- Taking Commissions! ☢ Deckard ☢ Vallon ☢ BrBa ☢ Evil Elf ☢ Bond

Glad you like it :duff

Two quick WIP shots of what I'm currently working on... first is a cool Horizon Dracula Vampire Bat I got as a gift from a fellow member... right now he's just primed and assembled. And the other shot is of 4 heads in various stages of completeness.

wipao_zps1f4b5425.jpg

A Redo on Lawrence and my 3rd attempt at Kenobi... he's the least done w/just one layer of paint for his hair.
wipan_zps6c819b93.jpg

That Lawrence is hot. I need to get one. Great job.

Thanks, I had considered repainting Lawrence a few times... but then I accidently dropped it and rubbed paint off the nose. So, the decision was made for me and I think it's turned out better.

A quick update on Dracula... just added the first coats of color for the hair, but the skin tones are mostly done. Still some work to do, but he's coming along nicely :rock

wipap_zps5907bed2.jpg

Now that looks vicious. A lot of details in there.

Re: GalactiCustoms- Taking Commissions! ☢ Deckard ☢ Vallon ☢ Mola ☢ Snaggletooth ☢ Br

Thanks man :duff

Here's Walt paint finished up. As always it's just a pleasure to paint something sculpted by Trevor... so refined and so much detail, don't know how he does it :huh

I have a chem suit coming from Moe so there will be more updates later on...

Can you point me in the right direction of the WW hazmat suit? Thanks, and great paint up!

Re: GalactiCustoms- Taking Commissions! ☢ Deckard ☢ Vallon ☢ Mola ☢ Snaggletooth ☢ Br

Now that looks vicious. A lot of details in there.

Thanks man... it's an incredibly well done kit. Horizon knew what they were doing :lecture

Can you point me in the right direction of the WW hazmat suit? Thanks, and great paint up!

I purchased one from Moe (that's the members' username) however, I haven't received mine yet and he appears to be having some health issues which have delayed items. Don't know how it will all resolve at the moment so I'd be hesitant to try and order something new from him.

great job on this - i remember watching david fisher modding and painting the same kit, i believe, in his MonsterMania series :)

Thanks.. there are some crazy build-ups of this kit I've found on-line.

I'm strongly considering adding real hair to him as I've seen a couple like that and it really added a lot to the piece.

whoops - ModelMania o_O

my bad.

great series :) i watch them all the time :)

whoops - ModelMania o_O

my bad.

great series :) i watch them all the time :)

Wow, thanks... I couldn't find it with the other name but just checked it out on Youtube; that was amazing. Sadly it didn't look like they showed him painting that kit (although the finished kit was shown at the end), but the mods were very impressive. Even just for how to sculpt in-between the regular seams it gave me an idea on how to do it better if I ever do one of these kits again :duff

Wow, thanks... I couldn't find it with the other name but just checked it out on Youtube; that was amazing. Sadly it didn't look like they showed him painting that kit (although the finished kit was shown at the end), but the mods were very impressive. Even just for how to sculpt in-between the regular seams it gave me an idea on how to do it better if I ever do one of these kits again :duff

There are a bunch of videos if you look under the guys youtube username he has almost all the videos....it will be like vol2 part 3 or something bud.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I found the one where he modded it, but figured if it showed the painting it would be on the same one. Regardless I'll check some of them out just to get some ideas.

I'm not usually into kits, but it'd be awesome to find one of the OG Kraken as I don't have any piece like that in my collection.

That is EXCELLENT. :rock
The detail is really something else.

I love the bat form in Dracula. The costumes, creatures, and effects were all stunning in that movie.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk 2

Thanks man it's a fantastic film and Oldman was a fantastic choice for the role :rock

Too bad we've never gotten a modern Frankenstein, Mummy or Wolfman of the same caliber.

Is that the Obi-Wan you were selling? I knew I should've grabbed it when I had the chance. The new Vader makes me want to get Obi-Wan for my first Vader and HT Luke for the new Vader. :gah:

Do you mean the one I posted a few days ago or the one in my signature, the signature is one I painted for mightyq, I sold my original one (which wasn't as good, but still an improvement) on eBay. The new one is for me and I'm a bit further along on him now. I'll post a pic of him up later tonight... so far I'm happy with how he's turned out :rock

And really, if you are going to have a small group of 1/6 figures you can't do much worse than those 4 :lecture

I'm definitely leaning that way at the moment. Looking forward to seeing how yours turns out. I imagine I'll be bugging you one day to redo mine. :duff

Back