GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms- Taking Commissions! ☢ Old Ben ☢ BrBa ☢ Bond ☢ VM Gaff ☢ Dracula

Thanks man, that .gif will have to do :lol

Re: GalactiCustoms- Taking Commissions! Lawrence ☢ Bond ☢ Gaff ☢ Drac ☢ Starkiller

Finished up a Starkiller set by Katkura:

stara_zps6c3a7f19.jpg

starb_zps746ceed6.jpg

starc_zps08786e8a.jpg

stard_zps8651862a.jpg

Also, I put the finishing touches on the Craig Bond by BBKill and finished m 2nd attempt at Trevor Grove's Lawrence of Arabia sculpt:

c0e383df-04db-47a7-9e49-404fbbd54b8e_zpsf097d8dd.jpg

6e88ef06-a39e-4f99-b8fb-34e35747b435_zps9781d1e7.jpg

e586ebe7-4bfd-4c95-823a-eb3bc82551e9_zpsddeedd0d.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms- Taking Commissions! ☢ Lawrence ☢ Bond ☢ Gaff ☢ Dracula ☢ Starkil

Awesome work brother :)

Re: GalactiCustoms- Taking Commissions! ☢ Lawrence ☢ Bond ☢ Gaff ☢ Dracula ☢ Starkil

Great stuff man you just keep getting better!

Thanks guys, I try to learn a bit each time I paint :rock

Re: GalactiCustoms ☢ Bond ☢ Gaff ☢ Dracula ☢ Starkiller ☢ Lawrence ☢ Westworld

Got started on a Westworld custom today... should have the head in soon for painting, but pretty excited about this one :rock

6844dab4-afc5-45af-b70a-0dafcedb48ef_zpsd4d67778.jpg

Wow, looking badass man, love that movie! Outfit and everything looks rly good!

Got started on a Westworld custom today... should have the head in soon for painting, but pretty excited about this one :rock

6844dab4-afc5-45af-b70a-0dafcedb48ef_zpsd4d67778.jpg

Wow the outfit came out amazing....really like the jeans she did....Tinela does good work and she just learning still!

Hey Joseph, what body do you have him on?

Wow the outfit came out amazing....really like the jeans she did....Tinela does good work and she just learning still!

Agreed... very nice work. I had a pair of the newline boots, but they turned out to be too big, so I'm using a pair from the sideshow Leatherface until I find a replacement :lol

Hey Joseph, what body do you have him on?

Just a narrow TT... nothing fancy. I plan to pad out the chest though to get closer to his build:

westworld556.jpeg

Agreed... very nice work. I had a pair of the newline boots, but they turned out to be too big, so I'm using a pair from the sideshow Leatherface until I find a replacement :lol

Just a narrow TT... nothing fancy. I plan to pad out the chest though to get closer to his build:

westworld556.jpeg

Hey G.B I told Tinela I saw the outfit and it looked great. She hadn't seen it put together so I sent her your pic of it. Can she post it on her Facebook time line with her work?

Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ Bond ☢ Gaff ☢ Dracula ☢ Starkiller ☢ Lawrence ☢ Westworld

Sure, I'm happy to share :duff

And I'll try and track her down on Facebook... when I'm finished I can just tag her in a post and save a bit of trouble :rock

Sure, I'm happy to share :duff

And I'll try and track her down on Facebook... when I'm finished I can just tag her in a post and save a bit of trouble :rock

Awesome man. Get a hold of her if you ever need anything custom made. She's very fast and reasonable. PM me and I'll give ya her full name to find on FB.

Will do :duff

Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ Bond ☢ Dracula ☢ Starkiller ☢ Gaff ☢ Westworld ☢ Ree Yees

Got started on the body modifications for Ree Yees... sculpted the neck area so he can have an open shirt. I'll need to open up the head a bit so it will sit lower, but hoping I can retain the articulation.

d9de9f30-ddaf-4e9e-a04c-3954ff022dc2_zps8ec322f1.jpg

Not much of an update, but I was able to open up his head a bit and now it sits lower and looks better. It will be awhile before I'm totally finished with him, but so far I'm loving this figure :rock

2a744cf7-d208-4c94-a48d-5b2f34e8fc53_zps0838f5af.jpg

Got the paint mostly done, and I've got the pegs in some milliput. Hopefully once it sets I'll be able to try out the articulation. The wrists will only be able to turn, but that's still something.

17ada88f-b006-4357-be50-fad81d8cf7d1_zpsf6143113.jpg

Last update on Ree Yees until I can get the clothing, but he's painted and the neck articulation is working pretty well. Got full swivel and a bit of tilt.

The shirt is just a stand in, but the final one will have a similar V-neck.

c3d5d5b1-ab01-40d6-bf6c-55ee21300cea_zps4463a8f0.jpg

38578340-564f-4a28-9bd1-0d1d38518813_zps568bdd32.jpg

Last edited:

Dig the west world so far, GB. Loved that movie as a kid, haven't seen it in years. Now I wanna go back and see how it holds up.

Ree Yees looks great also! Solid paint apps!

Thanks King, I'm trying to balance with a bit more of my own customs... I love getting to paint a variety of heads I wouldn't have otherwise purchased, but it's also nice to fill out my own collection ranks :lol

This is just for fun, but I kitbashed a Jedi with Ree while I wait on the parts for his outfit:

dc6f64df-c631-4546-90b8-2400d6ec4942_zps99c44ef7.jpg

Back