GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ Bond ☢ Dracula ☢ Starkiller ☢ Gaff ☢ Westworld ☢ Ree Yees

I'm not familiar with that guy, but he looks excellent!

Thanks Kara... Ree Yees one of the many 5 second or less characters in SW. He was in the background during the Jabba sequence in ROTJ and I've always loved the Kenner figure. The head and hands were sculpted by Enaud and are really impressive work.

The final figure will have a brown outfit as similar to the movie... the Jedi was just to see how he looked all dressed up.

saelt_marae_and_ree_yees.jpg

ree_yees01.jpg

Last update on Ree Yees until I can get the clothing, but he's painted and the neck articulation is working pretty well. Got full swivel and a bit of tilt.

The shirt is just a stand in, but the final one will have a similar V-neck.

c3d5d5b1-ab01-40d6-bf6c-55ee21300cea_zps4463a8f0.jpg

38578340-564f-4a28-9bd1-0d1d38518813_zps568bdd32.jpg

Great work on this, it should make for a cool looking figure. He looks like a mutated giraffe. :lol

Yeah, he really does :lol

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Mumm-Ra 2.0 WIP!!!

Got some fun stuff in progress... today Caine's They Live and Curly sculpts arrived and I've got quite a few commissioned heads to keep me busy.

Boots, belt and knife on Curly are just temporary until the replacements arrive... but so far so good on him :rock
92e074a2-3e87-45b9-89fe-931fc3ac4515_zpsa2db5ee6.jpg

These are in the early zombie looking stage... the base for the skin tones are done, but they look ashy and creepy at this point :lol
d492d2e4-fa17-47c3-b77c-16e1b4c2beaa_zps89fb90da.jpg

Great work in here! Do you find the Caine They Live alien sculpt to be on the large side?

It's a bit large, but I plan to lower the neck a bit which should help. I think it will end up looking good once it's done.

****! lol you do have alot of work ahead of you :) they live and curly figures will be awesome

Yeah, it's a good bit... my plan is to have them wrapped up by next week. The boring part is just getting base tones down, after that it's more interesting work and it usually goes faster.

They Live and Curly will be thrown in there probably afterward as I prepare for another group. One thing I really enjoy about taking commissions is I get to paint stuff I wouldn't buy for myself.

Yeah, it's a good bit... my plan is to have them wrapped up by next week. The boring part is just getting base tones down, after that it's more interesting work and it usually goes faster.

They Live and Curly will be thrown in there probably afterward as I prepare for another group. One thing I really enjoy about taking commissions is I get to paint stuff I wouldn't buy for myself.

Yes base tones are the worst part after that the details are more fun to paint. Also your right painting sculpts that you wouldn't usually buy is fun but also after I paint one I like,I usually wanna buy it....ha ha.

That's true... best if it's one that's no longer available so the temptation is lessened. I was a bit sad to see the Fight Clulb heads leave and after painting an ANH Kenobi, I had to go back and redo my earlier attempt :lol

I still want you to do a Kenobi for me as soon as I get around to looking for one. :lol

And I still plan to buy Crumb... one day all our dreams will come true :lecture

Here's a WIP of They Live; man this ****er is a lot of work... but I think it will look incredible when it's finished. So put on your shades:

bef0e309-14e8-4e91-af40-aa3b7591e26c_zpsdcc08a58.jpg

Here's a WIP of They Live; man this ****er is a lot of work... but I think it will look incredible when it's finished. So put on your shades:

that's awesome! i can imagine that sculpt would be time-consuming to paint. can't wait to see the finished custom :) you can already tell from the progress shot that the starburst eyes are sculpted tight and you've brought out the dimensional details in them. very cool. is this going to be a b&w version or are you holding off on color for the reveal?

:rock:rock:rock:rock
That is all kinds of awesomesauce!

Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ Bond ☢ Starkiller ☢ Gaff ☢ Westworld ☢ Ree Yees ☢ OBEY

Thanks guys :duff

And he's in color, I was just too wiped out last night to get him dressed and ready for pictures. But it would look killer in B&W, especially if you went with an OBEY stand, etc. But for me all of my stuff is in color, and I really like the garish color scheme of these guys.

Thanks guys :duff

And he's in color, I was just too wiped out last night to get him dressed and ready for pictures. But it would look killer in B&W, especially if you went with an OBEY stand, etc. But for me all of my stuff is in color, and I really like the garish color scheme of these guys.

Here is my WIP obey display.
I need to change the tie, add a gold watch(probably Carlito's) and get a proper backdrop.

obey_display_wip_1.jpg

obey_display_wip_2.jpg

Wow man, that is badass! I don't have a watch yet either... I'm thinking maybe the Coulson one, or something similar since I have a silver belt buckle. But your display is much more ambitious than mine, I'm just making a random "guy in suit" version :lol

I still want you to do a Kenobi for me as soon as I get around to looking for one. :lol

Crap ! I wanted him to practice on yours before I sent him mine !

:panic:

That is am kinds of awesome !

Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ Bond ☢ Starkiller ☢ Gaff ☢ Westworld ☢ Ree Yees ☢ CONFORM

CONSUME

theya_zpscf4ef8da.jpg

theyd_zpsac34672d.jpg

theyc_zps18c34dd4.jpg

theyb_zpsdef3e68b.jpg

Back