GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ Bond ☢ Starkiller ☢ Gaff ☢ Westworld ☢ Ree Yees ☢ CONFORM

Thought this would be a fun thing to show... basically a few steps in the skin tone process. On the far left is how the head looks after I've put the base tones on, then the middle (the part where I doubt if I've done the right thing) is to add the blush and color to the face and the 3rd is after that color's been knocked down and blended in. There's still more that's done, but I find this gets a nice overall skin tone to work with

6c82fe16-f5b0-45dd-8086-d59395528425_zpsf8e90309.jpg

Awesome! Alien paint up and figure look great btw!

Thanks man, glad you approve. Got Curly finished up tonight and a few other sculpts nearly complete and then my phone battery died :lol

Neo is looking great so far man!

You are very kind :lol He's a bit further than that picture... and Harry is just about done. Mostly just need to clean him up and reseal, sorry he's a touch out of focus but only had time for a quick iPhone pic this morning :duff

Dumb & Nazi Werewolferer

2063d5ac-6d26-4a3c-888b-5e410f7bcabe_zps75307e7a.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ Bond ☢ Gaff ☢ Westworld ☢ Ree Yees ☢ They Live ☢ AWiL Curly

Mostly finished with Curly... after I took these pictures I decided to knock back the spots on his head a bit and lessen the black around the eyes, but done enough for now. I'm waiting on a belt before I can have the rest of the figure finished.

But another incredible sculpt from Caine :rock

curlya_zps226aaaf8.jpg

curlyc_zpsca4b6424.jpg

curlyb_zpsa6449df9.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ Bond ☢ Gaff ☢ Westworld ☢ Ree Yees ☢ They Live ☢ AWiL Curly

Great job man, and the pics look awesome. Can't wait to see the Dumb and Dumber sculpts finished.

The spots look fine man I didn't notice them too much cause the eyes and teeth were grabbing my eyes.

Just caught Curly on FB. That looks fantastic, GB! Love the mouth/teeth!

Thanks guys... yeah that mouth is an attention grabber :lol Gotta love that the original prop is just a static mask. Mouth doesn't open, eyes don't move but he's still badass :rock I'd love a werewolf from the movie, but that would be a whole mess of a project this is cool as everything (except for the head) is readily available.

Great job man, and the pics look awesome. Can't wait to see the Dumb and Dumber sculpts finished.

The spots look fine man I didn't notice them too much cause the eyes and teeth were grabbing my eyes.

The D&Ders are coming along... I'm trying my best to get them wrapped up this week, or at least before the weekend is over. They're pretty crazy looking sculpts, both have a lot of personality to them.

Getting close to finishing the current wave of commissions... this Dumb and Dumber set is incredibly cool :rock

bcea4402-9ae8-4259-97f8-82e3f2d41287_zpsaa8560d9.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ Bond ☢ Gaff ☢ Westworld ☢ Ree Yees ☢ They Live ☢ Curly ☢ Dumber

Our figures' heads are falling off!!!

dumba_zps05809f5d.jpg

dumbb_zps969f2acd.jpg

dumbd_zps33effe17.jpg

dumbc_zps1091e161.jpg

dumbe_zps4e5f9f17.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ Bond ☢ Gaff ☢ Westworld ☢ Ree Yees ☢ They Live ☢ Curly ☢ Dumber

Thanks, although I didn't realize the shoes have a black sole :gah So gotta do a bit more work :lol

look great my man :) loving lloyd and harry!

A few revisions to Harry and Lloyd... just darkening Lloyds hair and adding a bit more blonde to Harry. Oh, and here's Neo:

dumbf_zps4353a0e0.jpg

dumbg_zps63366dd0.jpg

dumbh_zpsd879790e.jpg

neo_zps8efbe4f1.jpg

Awesome work man, love them!

Excellent paint apps, GB! Clean and consistent skin tones :clap

Thanks guys :hi5:

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Mumm-Ra 2.0 WIP!!!

Here's a few more I finished up yesterday and today:

Marsellus Wallace:
757a6aa8-5754-4baf-9555-41c39280e6db_zps99bf5805.jpg

Older Aquaman
abe76231-624f-4d3c-a1de-f9b04f0705b1_zps3f30a751.jpg

Apollo Creed
bb459694-f223-4f00-a844-2f7fba571e9e_zps584b9445.jpg

Back