GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ Curly ☢ Dumber ☢ Marsellus ☢ Vorhees ☢ Boddicker☢ Barbossa

Got the head finished for Barbossa (still need to do the accessories) and finished up the Han sculpts:

827de7a8-9aea-420b-9f56-41374185f5e4_zps82eabab7.jpg

91d2ff27-aba7-4f77-8cc2-a8f60fa65fb1_zpscbaedd5e.jpg

bd3c0fd6-3c98-40ba-b505-b3ccf9d0ff63_zpsf99c9f4c.jpg

Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ Curly ☢ Dumber ☢ Marsellus ☢ Vorhees ☢ Boddicker☢ Barbossa

Han and Barbossa look great. Very detailed.

More fantastic work, J! Really dig the battle damage Boddicker.

Han and Barbossa look excellent as well.

Thanks guys :duff

Excellent work on Barbossa and Han! I can't wait to see a finished Barbossa next to Jack Sparrow. :rock

Thanks, sadly it may be awhile before we see any finished Barbossas... seems the outfits haven't shown up so it's turned into a bit of a cluster-F. But, they looked excellent so hopefully it all gets sorted out.

Great job on Red Foreman :rock:rock:rock

Re: GalactiCustoms! ☢ Curly ☢ Dumber ☢ Marsellus☢ Boddicker ☢ Barbossa ☢ Jason²

Finished up the regular Jason Vorhees sculpt from Beto... masks for both are next:

4692a31f-3c71-455b-a93e-ee25a31264d4_zps797b9b97.jpg

Mock up with the shirt and some mood lighting...
769aa630-ecf6-4436-a4bd-4cb1d3c4544f_zpsecc1f9b0.jpg

Thanks, sadly it may be awhile before we see any finished Barbossas... seems the outfits haven't shown up so it's turned into a bit of a cluster-F. But, they looked excellent so hopefully it all gets sorted out.

That's unfortunate. :( I hope it works out, the outfit looks great.

Yeah, especially as there's a lot of money tied up in that project.

All those latest paintjov are stellar. Love the skintones. My only critics is that i think the pinkish line under the eye is sometimes a vit too vright or pinkish. It may give the impression of a bloodshot eye. It works on some charachter well but not for han :) just my two cent.

Thanks guys :duff

Thanks for the feedback Seb, I've been more mindful of that pinkness lately as I they were even more prominent early on when I was painting. But I agree on Han, I'll give that one a quick revision :duff

20140317_181439_zps5b4738d3.jpg

The trick Mr. Potter, is not minding that it hurts.

Still working on it but this is what I have so far.

*****es leave!

Sculpted by Caine and painted by galactiboy. Still waiting on some decent glasses.

cd8aa720-7f7d-4f95-9bf9-edd642154d3f_zpseff7e698.jpg

Thaks King, I really love how that Jason turned out. Should have the rest of the pieces I need to finish him soon. I commissioned spiderrogue to make some pants for me so I wont continue to have a "no pants Vorhees".

The trick Mr. Potter, is not minding that it hurts.

Still working on it but this is what I have so far.

Looks great man! Haven't seen a figure of him in that outfit before... a good choice!

*****es leave!

Sculpted by Caine and painted by galactiboy. Still waiting on some decent glasses.

Yes!!! :yess: Love it man, I'm still scouring the internet for glasses. I think the Jobs ones are the closest stock ones out there, but now I can't seem to find them loose either. I had a brilliant thought of using a hole punch to make lenses, but sadly they came out too small... so the adventure continues.

Yes!!! :yess: Love it man, I'm still scouring the internet for glasses. I think the Jobs ones are the closest stock ones out there, but now I can't seem to find them loose either. I had a brilliant thought of using a hole punch to make lenses, but sadly they came out too small... so the adventure continues.

I almost pulled the trigger on those but Jobs' head is sculpted especially small and narrow, I feel like the sides would sit way too wide on the Clarence sculpt.

I had a thought of buying the Kotobukiya frames and using an exacto to cut lenses out of a thin sheet of plastic (like what used to be used for overheads in school :rotfl). It'd be a very delicate operation to get them on without making a mess, but I think it is possible.

I think you're right... I keep forgetting about how thin the Job's head is; and those glasses aren't spot-on for Clarence anyway with the frames around the lenses and overall shape.

I think as long as you are mostly round it will be fine as you can have some of the roughness hidden by the frames if you glued the lenses on from the back. On my test glasses I just used a piece of plastic from box of thank you cards... it's a really nice thickness for 1/6 glass.

13047229035_0124826227_c.jpg

13047372483_eefd41fed7_c.jpg

Thanks GB :rock

Back