Clothing set [LIST CLOSED] 1/6 Accurate Indiana Jones Jacket

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's hope bud but if anything if this run is a home run maybe Jagzz can convince the artist to do a Shirt and Pants run. Lol

I rather like the intensity of focusing on a single item of clothing. Especially with Indy -- its not like a suit that has to match. A leather jacket is a very specific type of build.

Bundling the entire Indy outfit together has not worked out so well... or we wouldn't be here now. Maybe this is the way to go: piece by piece. Like with StripeBox boots. Mfisher holsters. Now Jagzz' tailor's jacket. Maybe we need to pinpoint a great tailor for just a pants run alone.

I rather like the intensity of focusing on a single item of clothing. Especially with Indy -- its not like a suit that has to match. A leather jacket is a very specific type of build.

Bundling the entire Indy outfit together has not worked out so well... or we wouldn't be here now. Maybe this is the way to go: piece by piece. Like with StripeBox boots. Mfisher holsters. Now Jagzz' tailor's jacket. Maybe we need to pinpoint a great tailor for just a pants run alone.
And shirt. I mean Kato's are the best but very low in quantity so someone else can do the shirt and pants. I actually think I know someone who might do the shirt :unsure:

I have to agree with Gregg, all the previous run that did Indi for a full figure, always have something missing. Either the shirt color, the pants color, the jacket, the material.. there's always something off about the whole set. And we end up pre-order another full clothing set from another artist, I think if we're focusing all of our effort in 1 stuff, and 1 stuff only the result will be better. I'm not closing the possibility of this tailor create also the shirt and pants, but let's focus on Jacket first. Then we talk after this project done :)

Thanks. Do I need to send you the deposit now?
There's no need for deposit now, as the tailor said he can only do 20 for now. But after the prototype done, and if he sees it's possible to create 30 sets.. all the waiting list will be converted to fixed list, by that time you can pay the full amount. If we can get 30, I think the price will go down to $600 per set.

This guy work super fast hahaha, this is sample of the material that he will use on this jacket, of course it will be dye for much darker color. What do you guys think of this?

B3CF2A4F-AEC0-44B5-81AE-0B59735C9C5E.jpeg

Looks good to me but I’m no indy expert.

Do hope it is not finished as dark as the Arnie Kim 1/4 however. Personally I find that too dark, almost weathered black in some shots.

Sorry to go off subject, but could anyone please PM me the contact details of a tailor who could possibly create a 1/6 Max Max outfit for me in leather or even pleather? This Indy jacket project has inspired me to hopefully get an outfit tailored for my Max figure, just the jacket and pants. Thanks

The texture looks great. I can't tell the thinness but I will trust your tailor... also the wrinkle on the lower left side of the picture indicates a pretty good fold.

Now as far as color, I do believe Indy's jacket is pretty dark in Raiders... the sequels have lightened it in people's minds. I agree that the Arnie Kim may be too dark... but the jacket is pretty dark, not the warm brown of, again, a bomber jacket you might own.

icon 1.jpg

Indiana-Jones bar.jpg

Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark41.jpg

raiders-lost-ark-movie.jpg

Last edited:
The color is a very dark brown that is on the edge of being black. But Arnie I believe used black for his and then weathered it with brown to look more like the worn Raiders jacket.

I think you're right. I do believe its better to start with brown material and darken it to the desired color rather than start with black and lighten it -- like jagzz pic above -- though I'd go a little darker overall. That way you can always lighten it more by wearing it down a bit. You do want some worn areas that edge on chocolate brown. But you don't want a caramel color.

I feel like the color of the iris jacket is great. Nice dark brown. That color on this new jacket would be awesome

Attachments

• 37EA2897-2A27-47E1-974B-DEF17A24C6AB.jpeg
    37EA2897-2A27-47E1-974B-DEF17A24C6AB.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 113
It could work if he takes the brown leather and dyes it black but then wear it down to have the correct look. Looking at what Arnie did with the complete statue he weathered it further. Plus Cking actual wested jacket gives a good idea on color.
05.jpg
08.jpg
07.jpg
49914685_1114592218719533_4654554937412288512_o.jpg

Yes, I generally don't like the Wested jackets as examples but the CKing one you posted is the correct color!

Especially like how its lightly faded in the back below the stitch line to some gentle browns along the side. CKing is the Indy (and Vader) man!

Yes, I generally don't like the Wested jackets as examples but the CKing one you posted is the correct color!

Especially like how its lightly faded in the back below the stitch line to some gentle browns along the side. CKing is the Indy (and Vader) man!
I think that's the way to go then. Getting dyed black then distressing it should achieve what we are looking for plus the zipper can be that brass color like the images. Nickel is good but to bright in true sunlight.

Back