Taxman by Trevor and Yunsil- RUN CLOSED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Truth Detectives "The Taxman" by Trevor and Yunsil- Collecting Shipping Payments

Amazing pics!!! :rock :rock

Re: Truth Detectives "The Taxman" by Trevor and Yunsil- Collecting Shipping Payments

How did your brain stay in your skull Andrew when you took these?

Awesome pics Andrew as always

How did your brain stay in your skull Andrew when you took these?
I have no idea Rob... funny you should say that as i have a banging migrane.. 😢 i shall do more on sunday... gonna take him to a lavender field... should be interesting... 😕

Rust-3_zps2ec3cb24.jpg

rust-2_zps9375145c.jpg

rust-1_zpsa3e05133.jpg

Nathan's paint up looks ace, Gruff. Which hand did you use for the ledger holding one?

sorry man jake and will ship it out when we get back from vacation too...next month ;)

nooo i need it now!!!

Nathan's paint up looks ace, Gruff. Which hand did you use for the ledger holding one?

Since I always snag any unusual hands that come out, I'm really not sure. It's a kind of "force" pose that's been used by Hot Toys a few times, and there are both left- and right-hands that match. You usually see it posed with the palm down.

BTW, that's the ZCWO "show exclusive" body from last year. Similar to the Hot Toys Slim.

The last two Rust sets were shipped today.Thanks again everyone for all the support in making this run possible
Chubbyman
The Joker

Re: Truth Detectives "The Taxman" by Trevor and Yunsil- RUN CLOSED

Yay!!!!

Time for a Lone Star.

The last two Rust sets were shipped today.Thanks again everyone for all the support in making this run possible
Chubbyman
The Joker

Woo!! Baby! Thanks Jake!

Any Texans on the board? We should get him/her to get us some of those non-snooty Lone Stars. Just saying.

Hey all,
My full set came in yesterday and I didn't get a chance to open it up until last night. I will post photos later on but I wanted to say a few things about this custom, now seeing it in hand. First off a big thank you for the brothers who spearheaded this project and kept it alive and going. Often times guys like these don't get the credit for the vision, or the credit for the long hours this kind of project takes. Sure, like anyone else doing customs, we want to get paid...we have bills like everyone else, but especially in a case like this, these guys aren't being compensated for their hours, and hours, and hours doing research, making phone calls, sending emails, getting community feedback, taking photos of early stage progress, uploading the photos, posting, answering PMs, when it's all said and done when your time is factored in, artists can easily break even or sometimes take a hit because they are so passionate about what they do.

So I for one want to thank you guys, and everyone who was involved in this project. This is quite an amazing figure, and great care went into every detail from the sculpt, to the paint, clothing, accessories, packaging and more. Also a huge thank you to Robert who in my personal dealings went out of the way, far above and beyond to answer questions I had, PMs, emails and more...the communication was phenomenal. At one point we even exchanged text messages about a couple of things because I was not available via the forums or facebook. Real stand up, classy guys.

There is not much I can say about the figure that others have not said, or that photos won't prove, but there are a couple of things that were done, that to me, went the extra mile, and made this a very exciting figure to receive. I don't think these things have been mentioned, but the devil is in the details and these things especially made my day.

1) The headsculpt fitting. I have bought dozens and dozens of custom headsculpts, head and clothing sets, some from some of the most well known customizers out there and this is the first time ever that I have gotten a necked head that has already been drilled out for the peg. Not everyone is comfortable with dremel tools, and I have been incredibly nervous in the past about drilling out necks on heads I have bought, one slip, one sneeze while drilling or dremeling and you could blow out the whole neck. These guys took the time to do this, no extra charge and it fit the peg I had like a glove.

2) The boot fitting. Same basic idea here. I have bought custom 1/6 boots and footwear in the past also. In some cases the shoes/boots are solid and it's up to you to drill the piece out without blowing out the whole deal, or paying someone more money to do it for you. In other cases the footwear comes hollowed but no pegholes. You basically have to pop the foot and peg off, push the leg down into the boot and when you pick the figure up, the boot slides right off, that or you end up gluing the leg into the boot. Not here though, these boots came ready to go, fit around the leg perfectly, and the peg popped right into the holes of the boots, and then the pants snugly, but easily go over the boots, zero issues, and a perfect look and fit.

To each their own on what makes them happy, but these 2 things to me, because you rarely see them done without having to pay more make a huge difference!

So again to everyone involved, a huge thank you for an amazing product, your hard work really shows through and you should be incredibly proud.

Hey all,
My full set came in yesterday and I didn't get a chance to open it up until last night. I will post photos later on but I wanted to say a few things about this custom, now seeing it in hand. First off a big thank you for the brothers who spearheaded this project and kept it alive and going. Often times guys like these don't get the credit for the vision, or the credit for the long hours this kind of project takes. Sure, like anyone else doing customs, we want to get paid...we have bills like everyone else, but especially in a case like this, these guys aren't being compensated for their hours, and hours, and hours doing research, making phone calls, sending emails, getting community feedback, taking photos of early stage progress, uploading the photos, posting, answering PMs, when it's all said and done when your time is factored in, artists can easily break even or sometimes take a hit because they are so passionate about what they do.

So I for one want to thank you guys, and everyone who was involved in this project. This is quite an amazing figure, and great care went into every detail from the sculpt, to the paint, clothing, accessories, packaging and more. Also a huge thank you to Robert who in my personal dealings went out of the way, far above and beyond to answer questions I had, PMs, emails and more...the communication was phenomenal. At one point we even exchanged text messages about a couple of things because I was not available via the forums or facebook. Real stand up, classy guys.

There is not much I can say about the figure that others have not said, or that photos won't prove, but there are a couple of things that were done, that to me, went the extra mile, and made this a very exciting figure to receive. I don't think these things have been mentioned, but the devil is in the details and these things especially made my day.

1) The headsculpt fitting. I have bought dozens and dozens of custom headsculpts, head and clothing sets, some from some of the most well known customizers out there and this is the first time ever that I have gotten a necked head that has already been drilled out for the peg. Not everyone is comfortable with dremel tools, and I have been incredibly nervous in the past about drilling out necks on heads I have bought, one slip, one sneeze while drilling or dremeling and you could blow out the whole neck. These guys took the time to do this, no extra charge and it fit the peg I had like a glove.

2) The boot fitting. Same basic idea here. I have bought custom 1/6 boots and footwear in the past also. In some cases the shoes/boots are solid and it's up to you to drill the piece out without blowing out the whole deal, or paying someone more money to do it for you. In other cases the footwear comes hollowed but no pegholes. You basically have to pop the foot and peg off, push the leg down into the boot and when you pick the figure up, the boot slides right off, that or you end up gluing the leg into the boot. Not here though, these boots came ready to go, fit around the leg perfectly, and the peg popped right into the holes of the boots, and then the pants snugly, but easily go over the boots, zero issues, and a perfect look and fit.

To each their own on what makes them happy, but these 2 things to me, because you rarely see them done without having to pay more make a huge difference!

So again to everyone involved, a huge thank you for an amazing product, your hard work really shows through and you should be incredibly proud.
So glad you got it Chris, cant wait to see your pics! And thank you especially for all the kind words man. Glad you are going to be contributing to the 2012 version of Rust as well!

Back