Clothing set [LIST CLOSED] 1/6 Accurate Indiana Jones Jacket

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
okay.. good update fellas

I did the dampen / blow dry treatment... and it made WORLDS of difference. I still prefer the Zorro body setup the most with my other gear, so here is where we are at... Ill look at it with fresh eyes and take some daylight photos tomorrow too

M5ki2Tc.jpg

B4cDezq.jpg

V1JRMxA.jpg

g6hxE55.jpg

5ctZPdo.jpg

after / before shrinkage treatment

CEDRpfk.jpg
Looking good. I think with the revisions being made and the QC checks along with the water treatment we will have a winner.

I did the dampen / blow dry treatment... and it made WORLDS of difference. I still prefer the Zorro body setup the most with my other gear, so here is where we are at... Ill look at it with fresh eyes and take some daylight photos tomorrow too

M5ki2Tc.jpg

B4cDezq.jpg

V1JRMxA.jpg

g6hxE55.jpg

5ctZPdo.jpg

CEDRpfk.jpg
Is this even the same jacket ???

What a difference that made !

Please tell us specifically what you did? How much water, how long? Hair dryer ?

what did you do to achieve this, I suspect a lot of people will be wanting to do this too

M5ki2Tc.jpg

B4cDezq.jpg

V1JRMxA.jpg

g6hxE55.jpg

5ctZPdo.jpg

CEDRpfk.jpg
Beautifully done Mike... can't expect nothing less from you!!
That's how you do it.. hopefully with the better adjustment and QC that he made for the next batches.. it will be as good as yours in here!

Thanks for the pics, it certainly give so much needed hope in this thread :)

im honestly thrilled with the difference guys, in many many ways I think I prefer it to my Kato now..

i wet the jacket all the way across (i didnt run it under water, but i splashed it till it was soaked)
i did a little squish in my hands, then put it on a solo body
blow dryed it till it was dry to the touch, put it back on my build, and futzed a bit with the collar specifically

im honestly thrilled with the difference guys, in many many ways I think I prefer it to my Kato now..

i wet the jacket all the way across (i didnt run it under water, but i splashed it till it was soaked)
blow dryed it till it was dry to the touch, put it back on my build, and futzed a bit with the collar specifically
Yup it's a real leather you can do almost anything to it like the real 1:1 leather.. and it would have the same results.
Amazing stuff Mike!!

Not sure I'd have the stones to do what you did with a $700 jacket but it's come up so much better than before, congrats.

Not sure I'd have the stones to do what you did with a $700 jacket but it's come up so much better than before, congrats.
It's a real leather, it's quite durable.. honestly futz is needed definitely.. again you just need to be careful with it.
It's really hard to damage a real leather, unless you cut it haha..

Ok, NOW, I'm getting excited again about this jacket ! Great shots there

Finding it hard to believe that's the same jacket you posted pics of earlier. What kind of sorcery is this??? ;):LOL:

If you apply heat to leather, especially a hair dryer, be sure to apply a quality leather dressing afterwards. Otherwise, the leather might dry to the point of cracking.

How do we all feel about the Indy in jeans pictures?

Wor-Gar expressed he thought there was still excess material around the chest.

We have seen what can be done with water and heat but are the alterations ok or still require further improvements?

M5ki2Tc.jpg

B4cDezq.jpg

V1JRMxA.jpg

g6hxE55.jpg

5ctZPdo.jpg

CEDRpfk.jpg
Looks near perfect chilipep, great job!

How do we all feel about the Indy in jeans pictures?

Wor-Gar expressed he thought there was still excess material around the chest.

We have seen what can be done with water and heat but are the alterations ok or still require further improvements?
The improvement only happen when tailor see if it's desperately needed.. basically after he put on all the jacket one by one he will help to measure and adjust the measurement properly. If needed he probably will make a minor adjustment, but if not, probably he will help to futz it and make sure when you received the jacket it's already have the correct shape.

Back