Clothing set [LIST CLOSED] 1/6 Accurate Indiana Jones Jacket

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heres some more shots. After a day to think on it, the only gripe I have with my particular jacket is that Im noticing a substantial difference in the leather grain from the body to the sleeves. everything else about it is top notch. Was wondering if any of the other guys who have it in hand notice that same grain difference?

ttzBTs5.jpg

KS15fvd.jpg

yk9Catp.jpg

ySh7qEQ.jpg

UjE9Kzx.jpg

i5KZFcc.jpg

Outstanding work! Outstanding figure!

I do see the grain difference in your last picture -- seems to match the pocket flap.

Is it that noticeable (distracting) in hand? Doesn't read too badly in your photos. Would pressing the leather in places with your fingers while wet help? Maybe the flatter areas were pressed while handling?

heres some more shots. After a day to think on it, the only gripe I have with my particular jacket is that Im noticing a substantial difference in the leather grain from the body to the sleeves. everything else about it is top notch. Was wondering if any of the other guys who have it in hand notice that same grain difference?

ttzBTs5.jpg

KS15fvd.jpg

yk9Catp.jpg

ySh7qEQ.jpg

UjE9Kzx.jpg

i5KZFcc.jpg
Jacket futzing looks really good. The difference in the texturing is a bit distracting in a few of those pictures but not terrible.

Those are some far more comforting pics, Chili. (y) Looks like you've turned it into a winner.

After all of these photos, I still feel like it might look a bit big for my hero Indy, but I'm feeling far more confident I'll be able to make it work for another Indy I have in the works -- TOD Indy and ANH Han body are at the ready for whatever works best.

ttzBTs5.jpg

KS15fvd.jpg

yk9Catp.jpg

ySh7qEQ.jpg

UjE9Kzx.jpg

i5KZFcc.jpg
Hi Mike,

Amazing picture, but yes the grain is quite different there.. again if you want to return this, or anything just let me know.
I already raise this concern to the tailor too.
Hopefully the overall QC in the future batches will be better.

Hey jagzz, you mentioned August 4th as the first date for the next 10 jackets to be passed QC.

In no way do I want to rush the process -- just wondering if the tailor has enough information to proceed with QC or if the changes discussed are already in process? If so, is there a new time table to ship those next 10 that pass QC?

I ask because I am in the next 10.

Hey jagzz, you mentioned August 4th as the first date for the next 10 jackets to be passed QC.

In no way do I want to rush the process -- just wondering if the tailor has enough information to proceed with QC or if the changes discussed are already in process? If so, is there a new time table to ship those next 10 that pass QC?

Jagzz can clarify this but if I read the previous post correctly 30 jackets were going to go through quality control checks throughout the next week or so and then shipped around August 13th. The number that pass QC would be revealed then.

Ah, if that's true then my mistake, I misread. I thought the 4th, 9th and 13th were the intended shipping dates for each 10 jackets that passed. Needless to say, much has been revealed and discussed since then so I had hoped that schedule had changed and been delayed.

Ah, if that's true then my mistake, I misread. I thought the 4th, 9th and 13th were the intended weekly shipping dates for each 10. needless to say, much has been revealed and discussed so I had hoped that schedule had changed and been delayed.
Agreed. A week seems to be pretty quick turn around to address all the issues that have been pointed out. I would rather this quality control process not be rushed as well.

I think, there's 5 jacket that can potentially be ship this week. I will keep you guys updated on this...

Jagzz can clarify this but if I read the previous post correctly 30 jackets were going to go through quality control checks throughout the next week or so and then shipped around August 13th. The number that pass QC would be revealed then.
Correct, currently 5 potentially passed the QC from 10, I will update you guys again on this.

wor gars assessment of the excess fabric in the chest is absolutely bang on. No amount of buckle adjustments can fix that.

I’m a pretty confident futzer and customizer but I don’t really know how good I feel about soaking and blow drying a $700 dollar product.. mainly out of principle that I shouldn’t have to..
I completely agree, good call wor gar.

Back