Clothing set [LIST CLOSED] 1/6 Accurate Indiana Jones Jacket

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a chance to unbox. Waiting on body to arrive and clothes so can't compare just yet. Also, I couldn't get the jacket to zip.
20210806_211847.jpg
20210806_211856.jpg
20210806_212015.jpg

Looking forward to Mike's daylight shots!

For those guys keeping their jackets, any of you do more futzing -- Indiana Fett or Rmsceb?
I unfortunately have been very busy, and haven't had more time to futz with the jacket more. I also haven't determined if I'm going to send mine back? Need to work on it a bit more this week and make a decision.

Wow that is a nice jacket, I wish I found this forum sooner or I'd have grabbed one. Hopefully there will be another run.

Sorry for the shitty phone camera I need to upgrade. Lol overall it's a beautiful jacket and very nice. The pockets are off on mine just a bit and I'll be honest even though it looks good the length is a bit much to my eyes. I feel if it was done short like how Arnie's jacket looks on the first page, it would look better mainly because you guys might be surprised that I say this but.. I think the size of it is actually spot on. Lol Indy's jacket was very much a "relaxed fit" it wasn't very form fitting like a traditional leather jacket and it hanged and draped over him because of the sleeves being off the shoulders (aka droopy shoulders) like how this one has, which gives it a more relaxed look rather then being exactly at the shoulders. So the jacket appeared longer because it had an "overhand" basically it slides off the back and appears longer at the front in some scenes. But overall it definitely is a nice jacket and the leather is definitely very soft you actually don't need to water treat it, you can definitely mess with it a bit and achieve a good drape.
20210807_204045.jpg
20210807_201329.jpg
20210807_201516.jpg
20210807_201749.jpg

Last edited:
This is the body I was planning to use. Yes, the jacket is over sized, at least on this body but still no clothes and no futzing here. This jacket is very well made and looks amazing. I would like to try the treatment later to get a tighter fit
20210807_213403.jpg
20210807_213253.jpg
20210807_213246.jpg

Ok after a bit of time with it. I take back what I said about the size. There is a little bit of excess leather around the chest just bellow the arm pits. I think if the tailor definitely takes a bit off the size should be exact to how it should be.

I just found another issue which is pretty bad. There is like a scar type line going down diagonally on the right chest. It looks really bad I am definitely sending mine to get completely fixed. 😢 and yes I zipped up the jacket. Lol and no it doesn't look right for a raven bar look it's to long.
20210807_234025.jpg

Ok after a bit of time with it. I take back what I said about the size. There is a little bit of excess leather around the chest just bellow the arm pits. I think if the tailor definitely takes a bit off the size should be exact to how it should be.

Really love this picture. I'm so happy you like the jacket after all. It may take some working and futzing but I think you can get the jacket to a place where it is an excellent representation of the Raiders jacket.

Sorry to see the scar there in the leather. Hope that gets fixed for you.

The hardest thing about many things in this Hobby is finding the absolute perfect swatches of materials. That goes for hair, and something like this (leather grain). You often need to order 5 or 6 times as much as you need to actually find the perfect pieces. It’s something to keep in mind for anyone who argues about prices on such commissions as well. But it’s something that the creator can absolutely not compromise on either.

So is that all 10 form the first batch then? How many are sending back versus keeping?

I do believe that we have our 1st 10 all checked in now.

Not sure what the score is as some people were unhappy and then happy, and some started happy but found flaws. I'm quite certain Jagzz knows just how many are going back vs keeping. I'm guessing it remained roughly 50/50.

Leather is also pretty unique in and of itself, depending on the hide type, any marks, striations, etc. are one of a kind. That's one of the things that makes the Raiders jacket stand out from the other iterations. The varying textures throughout the jacket makes it what it is. That "scar" honestly reminds me of the marks that were present on the Raiders hero jacket.

Jacket length looks good to me.

I've always said the extra length will likely be a bit jarring for some people as everyone has gotten used to the shorter look of the custom Indy jackets that have proliferated the hobby for years. But with some work and futzing, I think everyone will like this jacket... and with the real leather (and a little water and heat) you can even shorten it a tad in the event the leather is a bit too long.

Leather is also pretty unique in and of itself, depending on the hide type, any marks, striations, etc. are one of a kind. That's one of the things that makes the Raiders jacket stand out from the other iterations. The varying textures throughout the jacket makes it what it is. That "scar" honestly reminds me of the marks that were present on the Raiders hero jacket.
those rib marks are from the lambskin they used for the jacket mainly the "Hero" jacket. I agree but those weren't diagonal they where going horizontally on the jacket more so had it been like that I'd let it slide. Lol

I've always said the extra length will likely be a bit jarring for some people as everyone has gotten used to the shorter look of the custom Indy jackets that have proliferated the hobby for years. But with some work and futzing, I think everyone will like this jacket... and with the real leather (and a little water and heat) you can even shorten it a tad in the event the leather is a bit too long.
But the length was accurate the jacket was never this long. As I said before it was mostly because the Raiders jacket was the only one from all the films that wasn't a snug fit like a traditional leather jacket. It draped and fell off the shoulders because of the shoulder seam being lower then what a traditional jacket has. Also all the jacket makers are following the pattern of the real film jackets (wested apparently made the raiders jackets, and steele and jones actually used one of the three surviving jackets for their jacket) so I don't think they had been selling an inaccurate jacket for years, that means they didn't really research and have been inaccurate all this time. Lol also some would want the jackets to fit them to their size so not all are 100% of course.

Back