Clothing set [LIST CLOSED] 1/6 Accurate Indiana Jones Jacket

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another problem about the water treatment is that I feel like I haven’t been able to get mine back to that smooth soft feel it had at the beginning when it was huge lol. Tried one conditioning treatment so far.
Just doing quick searches online did seem to suggest the heat will shrink the leather but also make it a little bit more stiff. Also, do you feel like it darkened it a bit too? Couldn't tell if that was just in your photos but it appeared darker in your pics after you did the heat/water treatment.

Damn... I thought we had a fool-proof way to ultimately resize the jacket should the desire arise (I know, not that we should have too). I still had half a mind to do a little "resizing" in certain places myself. But it's starting to sound like it does more harm than good.

I mean if you do use heat and/or water just be sure to condition it as it dries or soon afterwards. It's a natural material after all, a skin.

Hopefully the new shipment of jackets will have the excess material removed and won't need re-sizing with heat or water.

Last edited:
Jagzz, is this an actual jacket going to someone or just a test jacket? I ask because in the picture above the thread/stitching along the zipper line is brighter than I've seen before. Sort of jumps out.
This one is a sample Gregg, probably the lighting but will check again with the tailor on the zipper line.
Should be the same like the rest of the jacket.. he bough the zipper in bulk like ton of it.. so it shouldn't be any different with the previous proto.

Here's the picture all zipped up.

8DE479E2-A3E0-42E5-A946-FD045392B61E.JPG

I think it looks amazing..

I'll be honest its to long to do a Nepal Raven Bar display. If we are ok with the length here I think we'll have to sacrifice ever doing that look as it won't look right. The gun belt should be more exposed and the holster also. This is just my opinion (and it's not because I did that run) but I agree with some who said the Iris jacket length was spot on it wasn't short like yunsil or Kato's jacket but it also wasn't as long as this it was probably at the middle. Also using The Rogster's photo of his figure using the Iris set for reference, and it should look like this when zipped up. Anyways that's what I think others can chime in also on the topic.
C689B6EB-C66A-4DF0-86A9-155B1700BB0C.jpeg

Also here is two images for reference of that scene where Indy has the jacket zipped up. You can see how the belt, holster and whip are shown and the pockets seem to be just about the same placement as the Iris one.
edf6b1bce589ec06d568cabbce963de6~2.jpg
ca68cee28d2c63544c4c480e7249d7e2~2.jpg

The Iris jacket, while nice, just isn’t accurate. The back panel isn’t as wide as the yoke, which it should be. That alone makes it a non starter for me.
Not the point, it's the length that works, speaking on how it looks zipped up. Same with the images of the film.

Not the point, it's the length that works, speaking on how it looks zipped up. Same with the images of the film.
The length may be better but you can't get away from the fact that it isn't accurate in other ways. Personally I don't think it's long enough either. Not by much, probably half way between the Iris and this jacket.

Back