Clothing set [LIST CLOSED] 1/6 Accurate Indiana Jones Jacket

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The length may be better but you can't get away from the fact that it isn't accurate in other ways. Personally I don't think it's long enough either. Not by much, probably half way between the Iris and this jacket.
Of course but if the jacket is going to have the raven bar look as an option we all have to agree the length should be shorten cause from the images of those scenes we can tell where the length is. But again all this is a discussion so I actually am curious what others think weather they want to be able to pose their figures with the jacket zipped up or at the very least have the option to and at 700 it should practically do that or not at all. Either way I'm for shortening it but that's just my opinion on the matter. I also think that the jacket might be able to drape over the holster if shortened a bit imo.

Also here is two images for reference of that scene where Indy has the jacket zipped up. You can see how the belt, holster and whip are shown and the pockets seem to be just about the same placement as the Iris one. View attachment 436331View attachment 436332
I think to achieve this looks you just need to futz it a bit I can see that in this picture the jacket bulk up a bit at the front probably it got stretch out to the top. With water treatment with the current length I think it's achievable. Personally I always wanted Indi with open jacket.

Again if we're going back with the length problem basically we start the first discussion again.

In all my years collecting, no one has ever really cared about Indy’s jacket being zipped up. I could never understand why no one likes that look on the shelf, considering he has it zipped up in some great scenes.
Now, that is my pic of the Iris jacket and yes, I loved my Iris jacket, but it always seemed a little small. 🤷🏻‍♂️ To each his own. Idk if you can tell from the pic, but when the jacket was zipped, it was tight, no room, slack, bagginess. In the movie, when zipped, there is room.
I wish all of this was brought up in the proto stage, because I feel like it’s wrong to be wanting other changes at this point.

Personally, I prefer the unzipped look. Being able to see the shirt and the holster is what I like.

Is it possible that the production length is longer than the approved proto? We do seem to see more material in the chest than before, so I suppose its possible that the length has more material on some as well. Perhaps?

Here is the original proto we approved. It is the only one I could find with a ruler next to it. Roughly, the jacket looks to be about 4.25 inches from shoulder to bottom of jacket. Maybe jagzz can even get the actual measurement from the tailor.

Jagzz pics of PROTO JACKET 12-19-20 (1).jpg

Maybe some of you guys who have this in hand can actually measure your jacket and see if it is reasonably within this range. Remember, the proto is on a body, so if you lay your jacket out flat your measurements will be longer without contours of the body.

I think to achieve this looks you just need to futz it a bit I can see that in this picture the jacket bulk up a bit at the front probably it got stretch out to the top. With water treatment with the current length I think it's achievable. Personally I always wanted Indi with open jacket.

Again if we're going back with the length problem basically we start the first discussion again.
I don't think that will work in this case. But again if we are ok with how the length is now we'll have to sacrifice ever zipping up the jacket for the raven bar look. It's not a big deal if everyone is ok with that but if anyone agrees that it need to be shorten that's another thing. But just my opinion I'll be good to go either way.

Is it possible that the production length is longer than the approved proto? We do seem to see more material in the chest than before, so I suppose its possible that the length has more material on some as well. Perhaps?

Here is the original proto we approved. It is the only one I could find with a ruler next to it. Roughly, the jacket looks to be about 4.25 inches from shoulder to bottom of jacket. Maybe jagzz can even get the actual measurement from the tailor.

View attachment 436343

Maybe some of you guys who have this in hand can actually measure your jacket and see if it is reasonably within this range. Remember, the proto is on a body, so if you lay your jacket out flat your measurements will be longer without contours of the body.
Yes it’s 11.5 cm from shoulder to the bottom part.

Length is exactly the same with the 1st proto.

Here is two images of the front and back zipped up. There is to much length especially in the front it passes the wind breaker at the back.
20210810_121346~2.jpg
20210810_121524~2.jpg

I personally will not be zipping my jacket up. In my mind Indy always had his jacket unzipped.
With that being said I do believe the jacket sample looks great. Should The bottom of the jacket be even with the bottom of the sleeves? It might help the overall look of the weight of the jacket if the bottom was shortened by a few mm. I would be ok with or without the shortning as long as it came looking like the proto sample.

Ok I did a little test with the jacket I folded it in on itself to get a better idea where the length should be when zipped up and this to my eye looks more accurate. I also really wanted to try and see if the belt would be exposed and it is. Also it's a about time we got a jacket where the material actually moves and drapes because I opened it up like the scene and man I love this leather. Lmao I hope I didn't sound like Buffalo Bill. 😅
20210810_123406.jpg
20210810_122933.jpg
20210810_123304.jpg
20210810_123042.jpg

That looks great -- really good futzing there on the chest and the way the jacket is open and zipper is all zigzaggy.

I'm curious how it looks without the jacket folded under, just the regular length. I'm pretty sure you can get that same look with some effort like you did at the top of the jacket.

That looks great -- really good futzing there on the chest and the way the jacket is open and zipper is all zigzaggy.

I'm curious how it looks without the jacket folded under, just the regular length. I'm pretty sure you can get that same look with some effort like you did at the top of the jacket.
I actually tried to but it didn't work even if you futz it the belt and holster are covered by the length and don't pop out like how it does when it's folded in. It can however open at the chest the same but you can definitely tell the difference when it's long as it doesn't open up as wide. And also you would have to pull the belt down super low right below his butt. Lol which in reality Indy would have probably tripped during the bar fight cause it would have definitely fell off.
20210810_132403.jpg
20210810_132427~2.jpg

Are the pockets just too thick to bunch up in the same way you creased the chest? The leather looks so soft but I imagine the layers for the pockets add too much stiffness.

What about putting the holster in that cut in the jacket? Indy has the holster peek out between front and back quite often as the holster finds that slit.

Are the pockets just too thick to bunch up in the same way you creased the chest? The leather looks so soft but I imagine the layers for the pockets add too much stiffness.

What about putting the holster in that cut in the jacket? Indy has the holster peek out between front and back quite often as the holster finds that slit.
You mean that opening between the wind breaker and front?

Back