Clothing set [LIST CLOSED] 1/6 Accurate Indiana Jones Jacket

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8 days ago......."tailor will send the first 20 sets this week"

The first people to receive jackets got theirs 4 months ago now and counting.

:rolleyes:
First in I guess. No one here controls shipping times either. Personally I'd prefer the time was spent, and they arrive perfectly. Working with leather in this scale and to these numbers was never gonna be a quick process. If you're new to customs you'll learn quickly it can be a slow process, but patience will always be rewarded in the end.

First in I guess. No one here controls shipping times either. Personally I'd prefer the time was spent, and they arrive perfectly. Working with leather in this scale and to these numbers was never gonna be a quick process. If you're new to customs you'll learn quickly it can be a slow process, but patience will always be rewarded in the end.

New to customs ??? :LOL:

I didn't miss your point. You just focused on one part of my reply.

It's easy enough to change your UN in "account details"...
So being addicted to HT makes one a noob? That's interesting logic.

As for the issue here (while I've been avoiding this thread I may get excited when I actually see a tracking number)

People can be antsy I don't fault them one bit. We've paid in full how long ago? With people getting there's in batches (which wasn't something that was discussed until after full payments were made as far as I'm aware.)
IMO I think it should have been transparent that there were going to be batches and with that each batch should not have had to pay until their set was ready to be shipped out. Now there is absolutely no incentive for this tailor. He can get this done at his leisure apparently. Even with a team helping him. (?)

I still stand by my question as to how some one like Andy / Doggiedoc was able to manage a full run on the ET set. 25 full figures.
Elliot sculpt and Paint
E.T. full body sculpt and paint
E.T. head (for bike) sculpt and paint
Elliot tailoring
Full working bike construction
Light up features
Accessories...

All this was advertised and delivered (shipped out) within an 8 month time frame.

But it's unreasonable to question why it's taking so long on a jacket? OK. 🙃

So being addicted to HT makes one a noob? That's interesting logic.

As for the issue here (while I've been avoiding this thread I may get excited when I actually see a tracking number)

People can be antsy I don't fault them one bit. We've paid in full how long ago? With people getting there's in batches (which wasn't something that was discussed until after full payments were made as far as I'm aware.)
IMO I think it should have been transparent that there were going to be batches and with that each batch should not have had to pay until their set was ready to be shipped out. Now there is absolutely no incentive for this tailor. He can get this done at his leisure apparently. Even with a team helping him. (?)

I still stand by my question as to how some one like Andy / Doggiedoc was able to manage a full run on the ET set. 25 full figures.
Elliot sculpt and Paint
E.T. full body sculpt and paint
E.T. head (for bike) sculpt and paint
Elliot tailoring
Full working bike construction
Light up features
Accessories...

All this was advertised and delivered (shipped out) within an 8 month time frame.

But it's unreasonable to question why it's taking so long on a jacket? OK. 🙃
I never called him a noob, so you can pull your head in there. That was clarified in comments if you'd bothered to comprehend them properly. This isn't the first rant on the thread, and I just tried to offer some perspective.

I never called him a noob, so you can pull your head in there. That was clarified in comments if you'd bothered to comprehend them properly. This isn't the first rant on the thread, and I just tried to offer some perspective.
"Called him"/questioning same difference.
Because of a username. 😆

Maybe I should put this all to rest. It's gotten so far off topic now that the thread title is the only thing relevant.

I have tried twice previously to change my username (I chose it 7 year ago before I entered custom buying) with no luck.
I have just tried again (3rd time) to edit the name but again, it still needs to be approved by an admin.

Not sure how having Hot Toys in a username means I know nothing about customs, long bow is long but ok.

YES, I have been on MANY custom runs. Further to that I have dealt with directly with custom artists.

I know all about how custom runs work.

This one is working differently that pretty much any other one I have ever been on.

We're all trying to stay patient.
We all want our jacket to be correct
We all don't want a repeat of having to send a faulty jacket back
We all understand that custom items take time to produce

But seeing as you can be presumptuous so can I. I will therefore assume you are new to the custom scene as you don't seem to understand that
deadlines/timelines have been missed on so many occasions now it would take me a week to collate all the times it's occurred in this run.

People just want to see pictures of progress (got one recently-check) realistic timeframes set and adhered to.

People can be patient but it comes to a point where people's patience literally just run out.

As Rzeznikk pointed out, the tailor has a team allegedly, he's had our money for so many months now I can't even remember what month I paid any longer so there's no motivation to work on the items at all. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Could be reasons, could be nothing.

You just seem to be spoiling for a fight for some reason, boredom? I have no idea but I sincerely hope these jackets are all made correctly and posted out soon so I can put this nightmare behind me because at this point it won't be excitement to get the jacket, it will be relief.

Maybe I should put this all to rest. It's gotten so far off topic now that the thread title is the only thing relevant.

I have tried twice previously to change my username (I chose it 7 year ago before I entered custom buying) with no luck.
I have just tried again (3rd time) to edit the name but again, it still needs to be approved by an admin.

Not sure how having Hot Toys in a username means I know nothing about customs, long bow is long but ok.

YES, I have been on MANY custom runs. Further to that I have dealt with directly with custom artists.

I know all about how custom runs work.

This one is working differently that pretty much any other one I have ever been on.

We're all trying to stay patient.
We all want our jacket to be correct
We all don't want a repeat of having to send a faulty jacket back
We all understand that custom items take time to produce

But seeing as you can be presumptuous so can I. I will therefore assume you are new to the custom scene as you don't seem to understand that
deadlines/timelines have been missed on so many occasions now it would take me a week to collate all the times it's occurred in this run.

People just want to see pictures of progress (got one recently-check) realistic timeframes set and adhered to.

People can be patient but it comes to a point where people's patience literally just run out.

As Rzeznikk pointed out, the tailor has a team allegedly, he's had our money for so many months now I can't even remember what month I paid any longer so there's no motivation to work on the items at all. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Could be reasons, could be nothing.

You just seem to be spoiling for a fight for some reason, boredom? I have no idea but I sincerely hope these jackets are all made correctly and posted out soon so I can put this nightmare behind me because at this point it won't be excitement to get the jacket, it will be relief.

I wasn't intending for this to go beyond offering perspective. I have no trouble changing my UN in account details, so i don't know what the go is there 🤷‍♂️

I did say the word "maybe" you are new to customs. I never emphatically said you are. It's not often custom runs ever go according to schedule sadly. It's often the nature of the beast.

As for the Andy comparison. He's been in the game for a decade or more and is a master at his craft.

I don’t think Andy has been doing this for a decade, maybe a few years. He has made tremendous strides in a short time and is definitely a master at his craft, but that is because of his dedication to high standards, intelligence, and willingness to listen and learn.

I don’t think Andy has been doing this for a decade, maybe a few years. He has made tremendous strides in a short time and is definitely a master at his craft, but that is because of his dedication to high standards, intelligence, and willingness to listen and learn.
I was referring to being in the hobby itself. Starting on small prints etc, and building up to what he's doing now. The point was he's got vastly more experience with runs than the people making the jacket. There's no comparison between the 2 was my point.

For the record the first project I ever did (literally ever... before that i only collected and had never made anything before) was in late 2015/early 2016😊.

Of course I have an extensive art background (drawing, painting, sculpting, model building, etc.) but I did not begin 3D modeling or printing until at least 2016.

Back