Clothing set [LIST CLOSED] 1/6 Accurate Indiana Jones Jacket

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the original images I got off the internet

Attachments

• HT2356-2.jpg
    HT2356-2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 64
  • hot-toys-6-scale-mms229-avengers_1_cbc378f34a69060e06a4ab72d106b157.jpg
    hot-toys-6-scale-mms229-avengers_1_cbc378f34a69060e06a4ab72d106b157.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 58
I’m getting really confused here. I have my existing figure on either the original HT Indy body or the Banner, can’t remember which. Is this jacket an issue in those bodies? Do I need to switch to a different body? If so, the Yunsil clothing set probably won’t look right.

I apologize for the quick and crude photoshop as I am using my phone app. And I don't have the bodies in front of me but I did a quick over lap of the ANH body and the Banner Body. I tried meeting the groins up the best I could to get an idea of difference in the upper torsos and if this is correct there is a huge different in the body's.

Sorry, but that comparison is wrong. I have both bodies, ANH and Banner, and they are fairly similar ... not nearly as extreme as your comparison.

Profile.jpg
BirdsEye.jpg

If I squeeze the shoulders together I think they're very similar widths, not the half-inch difference you'd need to have the jacket fit properly.

Sorry, but that comparison is wrong. I have both bodies, ANH and Banner, and they are fairly similar ... not nearly as extreme as your comparison.

View attachment 435868View attachment 435869

If I squeeze the shoulders together I think they're very similar widths, not the half-inch difference you'd need to have the jacket fit properly.
🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ I dunno how the two bodies can look that different overlapping when the mid section is lined up properly. I have both bodies too, but I'm not fussed enough to take them out and remove the clothes for a more forensic look.

The first comparison is at completely different angles
Here's a new pic with a more straight on of Banner Body. Notice the slant in the NH shoulders. And the neck is much longer.

Attachments

• PicsArt_07-29-11.22.16.jpg
    PicsArt_07-29-11.22.16.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 57
  • hot-toys-6-mms230-avengers-hulk-bruce_1_71e73cd669eb5cd75835cb73af4a702e.jpg
    hot-toys-6-mms230-avengers-hulk-bruce_1_71e73cd669eb5cd75835cb73af4a702e.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 54
Yeah, we definitely need to see this jacket on the body it was tailored too... and then we'll know.

The jacket (real life) does hang off the shoulders on Indy and is not fitted like so many of the custom jackets are like Kato's where the stitching is right along the shoulder. Now in 1/6th, it will not hang off the shoulder like it does in 1/1... to get that shape it will take some specific futzing and pulling. This is always the tough choice -- stick to pure accuracy or make it look good.

I was gonna say.. the banner and solo bodies are not even close to the same lol. And banner is all wrong for Indy.

I would have thought that the banner would have filled the jacket up even more though, so.. I don’t know. Guess I just need to have it in hand to see.

Last edited:
Yeah, we definitely need to see this jacket on the body it was tailored too... and then we'll know.

The jacket (real life) does hang off the shoulders on Indy and is not fitted like so many of the custom jackets are like Kato's where the stitching is right along the shoulder. Now in 1/6th, it will not hang off the shoulder like it does in 1/1... to get that shape it will take some specific futzing and pulling. This is always the tough choice -- stick to pure accuracy or make it look good.
Futzing will indeed play a huge part in this as well. Man I wish I had this thing in hand. I'm ready to futz the shit outta it.

This is on the ANH body. Measurements have not changed from proto to final.

I do believe we all agreed that the shoulders were too "tailored" on the proto and to let it out a little, to hang off the shoulder. We also shortened it a bit. Pocket placement changed. Likely a few other things were addressed.

Well that’s the first proto. The second proto was completely different and we never got tot see it on a body.

But did we not see the final proto on the ANH body? Didn't jagzz post a picture of the final jacket proto on his personal Indy body?

EDIT: I just checked and nope, I guess not, but we did see it like this --

jagzz jacket  NEW PROTO 4-26-21 (1) .jpg

Looks fine there to me. New and unfutzed... but size-wise good.

Last edited:
Sorry guys I haven't update due to a very late night to home, here is the photo,

and I have measures... is around 1mm different between them, it's very margin...

Basically, I won't insist that 1mm, is not paper, some number, and the most important is what to your eyes. Is the "feeling of your eyes"

but when judge by eyes, you still can find is not that even enough, I think the tailor should aware of this too.

I don't know whats causes this, but as I have said at the very beginning, I don't mind waiting, take your long time to finish it as perfect as you can,
just want perfect cloth because this time is at a high price.

**sorry that I have to go out for work when received it yesterday, so just take quick photos and haven't pay attention to the details, let your guys keep waiting***

20210730_002505.jpg
20210730_002536.jpg

Last edited:
Iris jacket on Banner body
Well-of-Souls-Indiana-Jonessfw.jpg

Iris Jacket on Solo Body

IMG_4514 (2).JPG

You're going to tell me the fit is *that* different?

Now I will agree the Solo body is broader across both the chest and arms as when I originally tried to fit the Iris clothing on the Solo body it was tight fitting....that said, it DID fit.

When I put it on the Banner it fit better.

Thus I draw the conclusion, the bodies are different, the Solo is broader and will likely fit better but they ain't that different either and SHOULD absolutely look ok on either body.

The fact it does not worries me ....a lot.

Like Rzeznikk said, I won't be able to form a final opinion til I have it on hand but as I sit here, I'm worried if I'm being honest from what I have seen thus far

I’m getting really confused here. I have my existing figure on either the original HT Indy body or the Banner, can’t remember which. Is this jacket an issue in those bodies? Do I need to switch to a different body? If so, the Yunsil clothing set probably won’t look right.
The yunsil set was tailored to the banner body or Dx05 (Indy body) so no worries.
Sorry guys I haven't update due to a very late night to home, here is the photo,

and I have measures... is around 1mm different between them, it very margin...

Basically, I won't insist that 1mm, is not paper, some number, and the most important is what to your eyes. Is the "feeling of to your eyes"

but when judge by eyes, you still can find is not that even enough, I think the tailor should aware of this too. judge by his eyes.

I don't know whats causes this, but as I have said at the very beginning, I don't mind waiting, just want perfect cloth because this time is at high price.

I haven't seen all the comment upside, just find a member who feel not good about the shipping sequence, I don't mind he sends me a very little shipping fee, I send mind's to you and I wait for batch 3.

View attachment 435873View attachment 435874
Yeah that's to close to the zipper.

I think I see what the problem is on Takeshi's jacket.

See the picture below -- the RED lines look to have been matched size-wise. But that is the mistake! The RED lines should NOT match. The two BLUE lines should be matched in length -- specifically, the longer length of the flap should be the same length as the right pocket-to-edge (just before zipper). That shorter blue line should be longer.

Note of problem.jpg

Man, this needs to be put on hold and I think everyone who has theirs should be able to return them for alterations. No way this shouldn’t be perfect.

I actually think this is sensible.

The pockets seem to absolutely need correcting and the fit *may* need correcting pending pictures of it fully dressed on a Solo body which it was tailored for.

I think the lesson here is pictures pictures pictures!!!

There was a lack of pictures provided by the tailor to Jagzz.

We should have been able to see the jacket, in its final proto, on a fully dressed Solo body.

If we saw a picture of this I think I must've missed it.

(edit-good spot Wor-Gar I think this is exactly where the error has occured)

Back